• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Associate
Hi guys, total noob here im afraid, ive searched google lol and im tinkering with afterburner
Ive got a ryzen 1700 oc to 3800
CH6
Coolermaster 120 aio
Gtx1080 ti
What do you reckon a good safe oc wpuld be in msi afterburner (settings)
Its just the ac fe
Cheers guys

Last edited:
Soldato
I'm still not sure if the evga card in question is indeed a modded FE, if it is, thats amazing even on LN2, just think what the big guns will be capable of?? In the coments KP hinted at an anouncement on the 4th, just didn't say what month but it will be the KPE

@Michael Davies, all is safe as the card will just throttle anyway, keep AB open as you test and check core clocks, if it drops you have gone to far or increase fans to help cool.

Associate
Hi guys, total noob here im afraid, ive searched google lol and im tinkering with afterburner
Ive got a ryzen 1700 oc to 3800
CH6
Coolermaster 120 aio
Gtx1080 ti
What do you reckon a good safe oc wpuld be in msi afterburner (settings)
Its just the ac fe
Cheers guys
Hi Michael, would recommend doing a custom fan curve if your not sticking a waterblock on it. In the owners thread people have been doing a 1:1. so at 30c 30%, 40c 40%, 50c 50% and so on (hope you got headphones:D).

Soldato
LN2 is not something the everyday Joe Bloggs can do or want to do. It is a show of skill and competitiveness that only a few are privy to. I have watched Roman (Deb8uer) and Ian (8Pack) hard mod GPUs to push a GPU to the very edge and obtain world records. If anyone honestly thinks that they can obtain these clocks on air or water, or even close is being daft. The sell comes from people like EVGA/Asus/Gigabyte etc having world class overclockers gaining world records on their GPUs. It gets publicised that 8 Pack achieved a new world record on a Asus Strix for example and our mindset works along the lines of "Ohhh, that must be a stonking card then" and generally people think they are going to get a good clocker.

I was with Ian and Roman in Cambridge and had a great weekend and watching both at work is a genuine honour and I was happy to get an interview with the big man.

And in this one, you can see the power boards added to the Titan X Maxwells and that is just a small part of it.

I would urge anyone interested in advanced LN2 cooling to watch people like Ian, Roman, TopDog and our own Nickolp1974 at events and you can see that these GPU clocks and CPU clocks are not for mere mortals like us :D
Nice vids mate! gave thumbs up on both :)

Associate
Thanks for the replys guys :)
What heaven bm should i expect?
So far best ive got is 4801
Messed with ab settings but not sure what i was doing really lol.
Cant say, I use 3dmark. Just whack power and temp limit to max, try +120 on your core and +400 on memory clock. Use osd in heaven and see what your core clock and temps are doing.

OcUK Staff
EVGA's website was updated with the clock speeds (same as STRIX) - http://eu.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=11G-P4-6696-KR

No Strix OC is faster and Asus already confirmed yield is not an issue. As of now Strix OC is the confirmed fastest card out the box, though I do suspect Zotac Extreme will be faster, the memory on Zotac Extreme will be a minimum of 11,400MHz and from talking with them today it could infact be 11,800MHz, nearly 12,000Mhz out the box, such an accomplishment. :)

Associate
No Strix OC is faster and Asus already confirmed yield is not an issue. As of now Strix OC is the confirmed fastest card out the box, though I do suspect Zotac Extreme will be faster, the memory on Zotac Extreme will be a minimum of 11,400MHz and from talking with them today it could infact be 11,800MHz, nearly 12,000Mhz out the box, such an accomplishment. :)
Yeah to be fair I was just quoting based on the core clock/boost as it doesn't list memory.

That's a pretty nice OC from Zotac though!

Associate

Gibbo is it still early april for the zotac extreme ?

Associate

Any news on when the strix oc is due in stock buddy?

Preordered it pretty much soon as it hit the site just wish I could put a date on when the beauty is gonna be on my doorstep :)

And do u know if you will have the stock to honour all pre orders on the release date?

Sold my evga 980ti sc in anticipation of it so I could gather enough funds to cover it and at the moment I have borrowed a buddy's 970 it he wants it back soon to sell

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
Any news on when the strix oc is due in stock buddy?

Preordered it pretty much soon as it hit the site just wish I could put a date on when the beauty is gonna be on my doorstep :)

And do u know if you will have the stock to honour all pre orders on the release date?

Sold my evga 980ti sc in anticipation of it so I could gather enough funds to cover it and at the moment I have borrowed a buddy's 970 it he wants it back soon to sell

Thanks in advance

On target for delivery in April in sometime.

Back
Top Bottom