• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Soldato
My guess.

Titan card with full 3840 cores (or dual chip card) and 1080Ti. And or jump straight to the refined 2070, 2080, 2080Ti.

Refined 2000 series with 2ghz stock boost clocks seems like a good choice to me. Pascal has had enough time for them to iron out any silicon issues. Hopefully be able to push those clocks to high heaven.

At a good price of course :D

Last edited:
Soldato
They certainly won't be skipping the 1080Ti... that's literally throwing money away. Nvidia have the high end GPU market totally cornered for the time being, at least until VEGA and much is unknown about that. The 1080Ti will be another huge money spinner for them that they would never even dream about passing up. Safe bet that the CES announcment will be just that, with possibly some allusions to bigger and better things to come, just to keep those who might be on the hook for VEGA on the green team. They know what they're doing.

Man of Honour
They certainly won't be skipping the 1080Ti... that's literally throwing money away. Nvidia have the high end GPU market totally cornered for the time being, at least until VEGA and much is unknown about that. The 1080Ti will be another huge money spinner for them that they would never even dream about passing up. Safe bet that the CES announcment will be just that, with possibly some allusions to bigger and better things to come, just to keep those who might be on the hook for VEGA on the green team. They know what they're doing.

I doubt it will come as the 1080ti now if nVidia follow their normal strategy - at this point they are more likely to refresh the line up and what would have been the 1080ti would be branded as something else in the lineup. I think they've been holding back to give themselves more room to maneuver in the event AMD pulled something out the bag.

bru

bru

Soldato
I doubt it will come as the 1080ti now if nVidia follow their normal strategy - at this point they are more likely to refresh the line up and what would have been the 1080ti would be branded as something else in the lineup. I think they've been holding back to give themselves more room to maneuver in the event AMD pulled something out the bag.

Er....?

And just what is their normal strategy?

780 - 780ti 6 months
770 - 780ti 6 months
980 - 980ti 9 months
1080 - 1080ti 7 months so far

680 - 780 13 months

Before that the bigger flagship card was released first.

Man of Honour
Er....?

And just what is their normal strategy?

780 - 780ti 6 months
770 - 780ti 6 months
980 - 980ti 9 months
1080 - 1080ti 7 months so far

680 - 780 13 months

Before that the bigger flagship card was released first.

Don't forget 28nm was somewhat anomalous due to the length of time we ended up stuck on it.

bru

bru

Soldato
Don't forget 28nm was somewhat anomalous due to the length of time we ended up stuck on it.

I was just wondering what you thought was NVidia's normal strategy, seeing as they don't seem to have stuck to any one way of doing things with the last few generations and before that they launched the top tier cards first.

Back
Top Bottom