• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Question is if the 1080ti will be out before vega? This could be why they are doing the step up program. To entice more people to upgrade instead of wait for vega.

£200 plus my 2 980 Tis is the most I'll pay for a 1080 Ti but yea I'd like to get rid of sli can't enjoy certain games at 4k that don't support it, ( dead rising 3, evil within) as maxed out they hover around 35-40fps when I want solid 60fps which an overclocked 1080 Ti will do

I am going to go with £730 for the cheapest model.

Vega save us!

I might have to spend some money on some short-notice tickets abroad this month, so the price will determine how soon I can get a new GPU.

But if nothing this year can comfortably do 4k60, then I won't bother. I might get something with 980ti/1070 perf for £300 if Vega provides options there, but otherwise, I'm still waiting for that 4k60 card.

Considering the 980Ti came in at £200 more than the 980 on release. Im saying around £800 in my opinion. Might even get as cheap as £750 for the clown card

what the 980 was only £349 on release cos my 980 ti's both cost £549 on release day.

980S were £399 on release for cheapest.also as the places where cards sit and pricing has basically been ignored.you cant base prices on what previous cards used to be.

they ripped that formula up start of this year.cant see it changing.just gunna charge whatever they want.

generally ti cards are close to titan performance or maybe cut down titans so cant see lower than 800 quid.possibly more.

And everyone thinks im odd when I say I wouldn't dream of buying a Gsync or Freesync monitor.... This is exactly why. Limiting yourself.

I agree with regards to paying through the nose for the G-sync premium but a panel with freesync only has a small added cost and it still works fine with an Nvidia card, I imagine g-sync panels do to but they have that premium and when you've paid the extra for the feature you'll want to use it, I've bought a freesync panel but if Vega doesn't tick my boxes I'll look at the 1080's pricing at that time and possibly go with one of those or a 1070 until something better comes along.

Last edited:
I agree with regards to paying through the nose for the G-sync premium but a panel with freesync only has a small added cost and it still works fine with an Nvidia card, I imagine g-sync panels do to but they have that premium and when you've paid the extra for the feature you'll want to use it, I've bought a freesync panel but if Vega doesn't tick my boxes I'll look at the 1080's pricing at that time and possibly go with one of those or a 1070 until something better comes along.

Yeah.

I would just hate to be swayed even slightly to one brand over another on anything apart from price and performance. I would hate to spend a fortune on a monitor just to feel I now have to buy a particular brand of GPU. crazy.

I have always said £750-£800 for the cheapest 1080ti because of the exchange rate now and I still forecast that Asus will do a crazy overpriced one for £999.

And people will still buy it...............

Yeah.

I would just hate to be swayed even slightly to one brand over another on anything apart from price and performance. I would hate to spend a fortune on a monitor just to feel I now have to buy a particular brand of GPU. crazy.

I understand your train of thought, but I personally think it's a little bit skewed. I've had a Gsync monitor since I had my 970. It was a 1080p monitor and I'd say even two years down the line that both would still compliment each other today. I moved on to 2560*1440 Gsync with a 980ti and again both could compliment each other for years.

I currently have a 3440*1440 Gsync monitor and a 1080 would be fine. I've been holding out for the 1080ti and again if I get one (very likely) then it'll pair up with this monitor for years.

Refusing to try Gsync would be like refusing to try X99 just in case AMD released a better motherboard in two years time. The fact is, if Zen was ground breaking then I'd sell my current 5930k setup and switch sides. Likewise, if Vega was twice the performance of a 1080ti then I'd buy AMD and switch Gsync off... And if I missed Gsync that much, I'd sell my X34a and go Freesync to match my Vega card!

And everyone thinks im odd when I say I wouldn't dream of buying a Gsync or Freesync monitor.... This is exactly why. Limiting yourself.

But if you don't have either a Freesync or Gsync you are limiting yourself even more!

At least if you have one or the other you have afifty percent chance of using the tech!

lol

Back
Top Bottom