• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Post up what you think the 1080Ti will cost and your reasons for it

I think £899

a: The usual marketing trap of basically being 900 quid but because the price starts with the 8, then you think it's cheaper even though it's only a quid. Classic sales trick

b: Nvidia tax on GPUs. They always charge a premium and if the 1080 is 600 or 700 odd quid and the Titan P is 1100 then they will hit the middle of those price brackets.

I think £899

a: The usual marketing trap of basically being 900 quid but because the price starts with the 8, then you think it's cheaper even though it's only a quid. Classic sales trick

b: Nvidia tax on GPUs. They always charge a premium and if the 1080 is 600 or 700 odd quid and the Titan P is 1100 then they will hit the middle of those price brackets.

Agreed.Well put sir.

I know people are expecting a lot higher but I'm banking in it replacing the 1080 and if that is the case I can't see them pricing people out of the market.

The 980 was a 4GB card and the 980ti a 6GB Card

The 1080 is an 8GB card and so will be the 1080 TI

Its a different scenario altogether.

699 for a TI?

yep right!

I know people are expecting a lot higher but I'm banking in it replacing the 1080 and if that is the case I can't see them pricing people out of the market.

I think you're being EXTREMELY optimistic there! They priced a lot of people out the market with the 1080 lol! I thoroughly expect the 1080Ti to be a £750-800+ card. Only if VEGA comes in as a serious rival at a much lower price will this change.

That Nvidia has the idea for a step-up program at all makes me think that this will be an expensive card. Like they're trying to create a tipping point sweetener for those that have held onto their 980 Ti's.

It's more likely trying to get rid of cheap second hand cards on the market so the demand for the 1080 and 1080ti is kept high.

Feel annoyed they overlook the 980, seems like a good card to upgrade from.

It's more likely trying to get rid of cheap second hand cards on the market so the demand for the 1080 and 1080ti is kept high.

Feel annoyed they overlook the 980, seems like a good card to upgrade from.

I'm not convinced about that either. Surely anyone looking to buy a second hand 980ti isn't looking to spend £650-900 instead? It's not like the second hand market would be completely wiped out, not even close.

Yes, I do. However, it's not how EVGA do it. Don't you think people with a 980ti would be more likely to upgrade without the incentive?

1080's sold quite well, I can't imagine Nvidia being that keen on dishing out so many discounts on the 1080ti and devaluing the 1080 so quickly. 980ti owners are still clinging on to 1070'ish performance. The itch is strong, but not irresistible. I'd have thought Nvidia would be more interested in the people that haven't yet opened their wallets to this generation.

I think £899

I am going to go with £730 for the cheapest model.

£750 if VEGA is close. Nvidia have had bigger than ever profit margins with the 10×0 cards so if VEGA is close Nvidia will be first to market and price it "cheap" compared to the titan to get early sales.

Its cheap until you take a step back and realise the cost of manufacturing compared to the price they are charging but both companies are guilty of that at different times.

The BOM on AMD's upcoming cards can't be cheap so I don't think we will have any price slashing going on as Nvidia always charge more

Back
Top Bottom