• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
Top tier cards? Like what a 1080? £200 extra for 20% extra performance. :p

Your point? Apart from the Titan the 1080 is the fastest card.... You don't honestly think that a 1070 will plummet to £200 in a couple of weeks do you?

And if you are worrying about losing the odd 50 quid here and there you are in the wrong game...:D

A bottle of wine on Saturday night in a top Thai restaurant cost me 34 quid :p lol Damn nice it was too...

Lets just say I am still in profit from my easy shuffle of the 295x2 which I purchased from MM and sold on eBay after I was done with it ;)

Cop out

Now answer my question...You're starting to sound like a politician...

Last edited by a moderator:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Your point? Apart from the Titan the 1080 is the fastest card.... You don't honestly think that a 1070 will plummet to £200 in a couple of weeks do you?

And if you are worrying about losing the odd 50 quid here and there you are in the wrong game...:D

A bottle of wine on Saturday night in a top Thai restaurant cost me 34 quid :p lol Damn nice it was too...

Yes and the next fastest card not that far behind the 1080 is the 1070 :p

I never said the 1070 will plummet by that much. I said in my case it would just sit in my machine not being made use of. The main benefit of me keeping it any longer would have been noise to be honest. I am not worried about £50 here there, I just enjoy making as little loss as I can as long as it does not get in the way of my gaming.

Cop out

Now answer my question...You're starting to sound like a politician...

I would rather not satisfy your curiosity on this occasion as you clearly think my logic is flawed from the get go anyway :p

Caporegime
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-gdc-2017-official/
I normally take what these guys say with a pinch of salt, but read the bottom of the page about it being a fully fledged GP102 what they say makes total sense. You can say what will Nvidia do with further crippled gpus..... they would have released it by now, look at the GTX 780 when Nvidia launched that card they STILL had NO competition but just launched it because they could, so Nvidia would have already launched a £800 crippled Ti in my opinion and with Vega supposedly getting mentioned at GDC GTX 1080 Ti COULD very well be a fully fledged GP102 which would offer some nice performance!

We just read the same salt? It says "but I will be genuinely surprised if NVIDIA amazes the audience with a full blown GP102 announcement."

Associate
out of curiosity, and I know there's been a lot of speculation, but where is the Ti expected to fit between 1080 and txp? Has there been anything more concrete lately?

Back
Top Bottom