• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

**Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Thread**

Caporegime
SLI support is pretty much abandoned. I'm swapping my 980ti SLI for a single card and I'll never go back SLI.

It's ****ing awful now, frametimes feel like they're all over the place! Pee'd off tbh, single card for me from now on! ***** :mad::mad::mad:

1080Ti should serve you well for a while! Me being me I'll have to wait til 2019 for AMD to release a decent card for my LG 38UC99 :D :p

Soldato
Soldato
I hope it isn't a new card. I held off with the TXP and that was hard and holding off something else that might be cheaper will be even harder lol.

It's going to be a cutdown TXP, Probably with around 3072 CUDA cores and 10GB memory so it will be roughly in the middle of a 1080 and TXP.

There's meant to be a Pascal refresh around summer time, Would be wiser saving funds for that rather a small incremental upgrade to a cutdown TXP.

Associate
There's meant to be a Pascal refresh around summer time, Would be wiser saving funds for that rather a small incremental upgrade to a cutdown TXP.

agreed feel the ti is essentialy close to a pointless purchase given shelf life due to next cycle refresh. Anyone who buys this card is looking around 6 months before next line up and going to lose a lot of money in a short time should they choose to resale / upgrade on product refresh.

People who dident want to pay xyz for txp i understand its way overpriced :) however by the time next refresh comes txp users will have had a year sell recoup decent money buy new txp for arounf 50% on price.

Caporegime
agreed feel the ti is essentialy close to a pointless purchase given shelf life due to next cycle refresh. Anyone who buys this card is looking around 6 months before next line up and going to lose a lot of money in a short time should they choose to resale / upgrade on product refresh.

People who dident want to pay xyz for txp i understand its way overpriced :) however by the time next refresh comes txp users will have had a year sell recoup decent money buy new txp for arounf 50% on price.

Yep that was my justification to myself for getting the TXP and the fact i was fed up with multi card setups not working.

Even the pascal refresh next summer is not wetting my juices. I would only expect a 10 to 20% gain max over current pascal cards which would make my txp as fast or even still slightly faster than the new 1180 or whatever they call it.

ANd the way the exchange rate was going and the fact Nvidia are sure to put another $50 on the price at least, there would be nothing worthwhile for me to side ways swap to a 1180 which might be 700+

Okay there will be a new titan out but again, I would have to put quite a chunk down to swap my current titan esp as it would need a new waterblock so I am happy keeping my txp until 2018 when the proper next gen cards come out.

If I time the selling right I should still get a decent chunk back for my txp.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's going to be a cutdown TXP, Probably with around 3072 CUDA cores and 10GB memory so it will be roughly in the middle of a 1080 and TXP.

Yer, spot on with the wiser! If it is TXP performance, I can wait and truthfully my 1080 is eating up all my games, so I don't see the need to swap out.

Soldato
Yer, spot on with the wiser! If it is TXP performance, I can wait and truthfully my 1080 is eating up all my games, so I don't see the need to swap out.

Same my 1080's not having any issue in current games, 3440x1440 (100hz).

My next GPU/s will be volta or big VEGA in a year or so when I feel the need to upgrade.

I'd be wasting money and time with 1080Ti's or TXP's, Im also not really that bothered about having the latest and greatest anymore.

Caporegime
Same my 1080's not having any issue in current games, 3440x1440 (100hz).

My next GPU/s will be volta or big VEGA in a year or so when I feel the need to upgrade.

I'd be wasting money and time with 1080Ti's or TXP's, Im also not really that bothered about having the latest and greatest anymore.

I think I will stick with NVidia this time unless Volta is very good. Having a G-Sync screen just makes games run so damned good, it will be hard to give it up. On saying that though, if Vega is good, I would have no issues buying an Ultrawide Freesync.

Caporegime
If you have £800 for an 1080ti then go for it! lol

If it is the 1080ti incoming then I doubt we will see a drop in the 1070 or 1080 series cards.

They have coined a fair chunk from the 1080 sales I would imagine, so a 1080Ti dropping into the 1080 price bracket and the 1080 dropping in price would be good business.

Back
Top Bottom