• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

nope not saying that at all but in layman’s terms if I put a 3080 onto RDR2 for instance and crank everything at ultra 4K it simply won’t let you as you get the error saying you’ve hit the VRAM limit at about 9.5Gb as it won’t let you use more than 90%. This doesn’t happen with the 2080ti. Same with cyberpunk and especially with doom eternal on nightmare settings. Plenty of threads out there about this subject. Normally it means dropping one or two settings from ultra to high to get under vram limit but that doesn’t bode well for the next few years of game development at 4K at all hence my quandary.

Easy fix do not game at 4K, you get low framerates in any case, hardware is not up to 4K ultra settings yet still a few years away for that. Will also need your own generator to supply the power.

Well ladies and gents I think its happening....

I think it is my turn to be set free from purgatory....

Received a notification that my 3080 TUF OC has been shipped.

Now I only pray that their is no issues or that it is not an extremely early april fools joke or some sort of error. I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

I am position 85 in ASUS TUF OC queue

The following arrived today:
16pc Asus 3080 TUF OC
3pc Palit 3080 Gaming Pro OC

Also new stock ordered today and on the way is:
60pc Asus 3080 ROG Strix OC
70pc Asus 3080 TUF OC
50pc MSI 3080 Gaming X Trio
50pc MSI 3070 Ventus 2X OC

16 + 70 = 86??

Does this mean I can officially start to get excited??

Well ladies and gents I think its happening....

I think it is my turn to be set free from purgatory....

Received a notification that my 3080 TUF OC has been shipped.

Now I only pray that their is no issues or that it is not an extremely early april fools joke or some sort of error. I guess I will find out in the next couple of days.

What queue position were you in the last update out of interest?

16pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

70pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

16 + 70 = 86??

I started about 3 months ago.... but sure! ;)

Sucks, but after chinese new year things will seriously ramp up, if you can pretend you didn't order for 8 weeks.... :S

What makes you think this? Chinese New Year is pretty similar to our own and and has absolutely no effect on production beforehand. Do you seriously think Chinese companies are running on a go slow because the new year is coming up so they deliberately produce things slower? All this means is that production will stop in China for a few days then resume as normal - outside of these days the CNY affects nothing - especially production.

Gibbo:
Hi there

16pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

70pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

Oh thank god, 16 pc of ASUS RTX 3080 TUF arrive today, and I'm in queue 16. @Gibbo are they gonna ship today or tomorrow?
Thanks for this, seems like if I get lucky, I should get my Ventus 2x 3070 shipped after they next batch comes in

Exactly... someone give us some clarification on EVGA!

I ordered day 1 the EVGA XC3 Black was 196 in list to start with, now 94. No word on EVGA cards at all. I really hope this picks up soon, this is getting out of hand now. Does this card exist anymore? I guess I'm this far down the list now due to cancellations. Anyone here received this card?

To @Gibbo and everyone else at OCUK that has worked behind the scenes and here on this thread. Thanks for the hard work trying to track down supplies from manufacturers.

Question:
Isn't there some way you could hold ASUS's and NVIDIA's toes over a very hot fire, while poking them with a very sharp pointy red hot lawsuit poker, and explain to them that promising goods and then not delivering really isn't good business practice, and that they really owe you AND more especially their customers? We (and Im guessing you guys too) haven't had any specific details on production numbers beyond very vague Twitter promises of more and better production of ROG/Strix/OC cards that have not been matched even slightly by actions. NVIDIA and ASUS need to look carefully at their future priorities. I've already seen announcements and "leaks" for Ti cards, 30Series cards with more RAM, and discussion of 4080's, and yet they still haven't even met the initial orders on RTX 3080 ROG Strix OC's. How do they even think that's a good way of building customer support and loyalty? I know if the AMD cards had as good Ray tracing support I'd drop NVIDIA like a hot coal and switch my order immediately.
Burning is too good for 'em I say!

This is more of a half-joke but is backed by some genuine annoyance and frustration.

I think that retailers take consumer orders at their own risk. They could choose to offer cards only when they have them 'in hand'. Or gamble that their orders from each manufacturer will arrive before their backloggers cancel. It's a business risk decision. Manufacturers will not have promised (ie contractually) particular volumes by particular dates. And without a contractual agreement, they can't be held legally liable.

Have Palit just given up? I moved queues because they were smashing out cards and now we get a sad dribble of Palit cards every 3 weeks. The last 3 announcements has moved me 5 measly positions.

16pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

70pc Asus 3080 TUF OC

16 + 70 = 86??

I was 30th for strix when 30 were due, 23 showed up.

I can't stop the excitement haha but it's not nailed on until you get the email.

Good luck though dude I really hope your watch is over soon :)

"Your Order has been packed and is in the process of being shipped.

IMPORTANT: Please note that any orders shipped after 7pm on a weekday by our night team will not be collected by DPD until the following day."

Guess I have to wait till Wednesday than.

Back
Top Bottom