• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
yep so who would actually want an inferior product at the moment. Eventually when demand for OC has dropped i expect the same chips to go in both varients and that means you get a much better card for your money :)
What Flake said makes sense. I wrongly assumed that Asus for example would pay more for higher clocking chips from Nvidia and all they were recieving were the o.c variant. I guess that decision comes from Asus end when it's on the PCB and tested.
Time will tell when enough cards are in the wild and custom bios start floating around.

Associate
I've emailed them to see what the stock is going to be like going forward, it's really disappointing when Inno prob only have 150-250 ish people waiting on cards from x2-x4 and they aren't fufilling them. You would think they would try and sort out the easier queues to make people happy and want to buy Inno3d which will help their brand in europe.

Exactly, I wish @Gibbo would give us more info, all we know is there were some in HK a few days ago, are they deliveries expected weekly or monthly going forward?

When your told deliveries will get bigger and more often over time and we're at the end of October now still waiting it's painful considering how much money we have invested with them.

If I hadn't bought a 4k monitor I would have definetly got one of these 3070s and been able to collect today

Associate
I've emailed them to see what the stock is going to be like going forward, it's really disappointing when Inno prob only have 150-250 ish people waiting on cards from x2-x4 and they aren't fufilling them. You would think they would try and sort out the easier queues to make people happy and want to buy Inno3d which will help their brand in europe.
It’s beyond a joke now. I’ll tell you without a shadow of a doubt, I will jump to amd should their cards be more available. I’m not blaming overclockers for this mess either.

Associate
Can we have an update on the inno cards please? I whats the hold up? Are we going into 2021 with this? 4 months? 5? 6?

Even I’m getting the hump with this now, and I’m a very patient guy.
Agreed, I'm also starting to get frustrated now. If they're stuck in HK at least just post that in the official sticky post so we're not sifting through long threads trying to find nuggets of info.

I'm kicking myself for not having gone for Palit like I was initially going to.

Associate
Agreed, I'm also starting to get frustrated now. If they're stuck in HK at least just post that in the official sticky post so we're not sifting through long threads trying to find nuggets of info.

I'm kicking myself for not having gone for Palit like I was initially going to.
I understand about waiting for a month, ok stock shortages happen, but the card companies really must be more upfront about what info they’re providing to their resellers/customers. You can’t just leave them hanging for months on end while prioritising youtubers and their home markets. This isn’t a good experience.

Associate
If I have G-sync monitor new radeon card not even an option, or does it matter?
Its largely game dependent. Some games can maintain pretty stable frame rate and big Navi pushing lots of frames. Gsync/freesync is going to help smooth things out in games that see massive frame rate variation.
I was using a 1440p swift monitor, 144hz Gsync but I sold it for a 3440x1440 freesync. Only 100hz this time but I'm still going 3080 as I'm liking the wide-screen. Should have zero issue maxing games out at that Res and refresh rate.

Associate
Queue update on Asus TUF OC 3080:

08.10.20 970
14.10.20 919
23.10.20 870
29.10.20 785

And in the meantime I just purchased EVGA 3080 XC3 Black Gaming from the German site of South American Rainforest for £718, supposed to be delivered by next Wednesday :) It will keep me going until the TUF is finally here ;)

Back
Top Bottom