• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

*** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION ***

Associate
Showed 10+ Zotac cards for all of about 1/2 second. As soon as I added to basket they were all gone. I have a 3070 on back order so hopefully this means that they have had a delivery and mine may be sent out soon, different make though.

So much for letting us know beforehand so we can order before the bots get them all!!

ah man the bots are insane didnt even show up as in stock for me, hopefully they can add some bot protection to the website aha, i thought they might give us a heads up on the forums :(

Associate
Yeh i added the palit to cart but didnt go through with as i want a 3080 and managed to get a 3070 off of nova earlier, really want a strix card though 3070 or 3080

Mine is for a colleague at the hospital where I do voluntary work. Just informed him and he is very happy - he doesn't care what brand as long as he gets the card.

OcUK Staff
ah man the bots are insane didnt even show up as in stock for me, hopefully they can add some bot protection to the website aha, i thought they might give us a heads up on the forums :(

We do not do a headsup any more, to many forum members here go and post on other sites and discord about the heads up, making things worse.
We did several drops on and off, those who ordered a 3070 will all get one apart from those who ordered the Palit 3070 Gaming Pro OC, those have oversold by around 150 cards, we have 10 due next week and some more next month, those who do not wish to wait should request a refund.

Associate
We do not do a headsup any more, to many forum members here go and post on other sites and discord about the heads up, making things worse.
We did several drops on and off, those who ordered a 3070 will all get one apart from those who ordered the Palit 3070 Gaming Pro OC, those have oversold by around 150 cards, we have 10 due next week and some more next month, those who do not wish to wait should request a refund.

That will be me then. I don't have a lot of luck here, the Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC I ordered 3 weeks ago was over sold as well. I'll just have to wait, and let my colleague know it may be a while before I receive his.

Associate

The problem is bots snap them before we mere humans even have a chance, most of them are selling on for a profit. I know that doesn't affect your revenue but it makes it impossible for us actual consumers to get anywhere. I'd be annoyed if I was only selling to people who are just going to resell for twice the price. I guess you won't have to worry about warranty for a lot of those sales though so there's that. Can't see this situation improving next year either. Someone said we're in Purgatory and I think I agree :(

OcUK Staff
The problem is bots snap them before we mere humans even have a chance, most of them are selling on for a profit. I know that doesn't affect your revenue but it makes it impossible for us actual consumers to get anywhere. I'd be annoyed if I was only selling to people who are just going to resell for twice the price. I guess you won't have to worry about warranty for a lot of those sales though so there's that. Can't see this situation improving next year either. Someone said we're in Purgatory and I think I agree :(

Its a mess! :(

As I just put in another thread we are investigating and going to trial a voucher system, shall probably start in a hidden part of forum though where only those with high post count can see, if it works OK we shall then open it up here.
Forum members, old and new plus those browsing need to realise, if you go and post stuff on other sites, chat rooms etc then we can no longer try to help you guys out, unfortunately the few spoil it for everyone.

OcUK Staff
@Gibbo just posted he has upgraded 20 people free of charge for the MSI 3080 gaming x trio to the suprim x Good luck to the first 20 people in the queue.

Was you one of them? Only reason I ask is because one of the upgraded ones had your name, so either you have a duplicate or it was you. :)

I am doing everything I can to help people with their 3080 back orders, we lose about £150 per card on those and the next batch of Suprim's have gone up in price again so when they land (few days) we will lose £200 per card but I shall upgrade more Gaming Trio to get the orders out.

Were not seeing any other 3080 shipments though, in fact all shipments have taken a hit, even 3070 and 3060 has dried up, its getting worse, not better. :(

Associate
I was 22 in the queue. Still not sure the queue is per sku or for all 3080s. Either way I didn't get any email. I am going to assume that I am number 2 now.

Associate
I suspect 3080 products are being scaled back for Ti variant, why sell a product @£800 + when you can potentially use that same chip or components needs for the cheaper card in a £1,000 product.

Back
Top Bottom