• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti to be "available" on June 3rd, RTX 3070Ti on June 10th

Associate
Are you guys going to launch today?
They won't tell you because they don't know what they are going to do yet and how they plan on doing it. This whole thread is full of statements from them stating the impossible situation they are in. The are not looking for suggestions from outside currently and when they do launch it will be somewhere where someone with your post count won't even hear about it let alone have the chance to buy one. Whole thing is a mess.

Associate
1 hour 5 mins of F5'ing 5 different tabs. I'm done.
Same. I'm starting to add up the cost of my time now. A few more afternoons of this rubbish and I may as well just pony up the extra cash and buy one from a scalper and be done with it. Like I said, life is too short, I value my time too much so if I have to pay extra cash to be done with all this crap then so be it, such is life and all that.

Associate
we didn't launch, we know that we can't weed out the bots and we're sick of feeding ebay, CEX & Facebook marketplace

What people do with the cards after buying (scalping)- I don't see how to avoid that. Maybe keep the box back to make it harder to pass the card off as unused.

Wrt bots - if they "win" by being quickest then some kind of random draw - so have a window (newegg shuffle?) of time to allow people to request buy and then select the winners randomly. Take a micro payment from the card to try and prevent the same person using multiple payment methods to get multiple changes.

Or... MM which sadly means long term customers who are not prolific posters have no chance :(

Associate
Same. I'm starting to add up the cost of my time now. A few more afternoons of this rubbish and I may as well just pony up the extra cash and buy one from a scalper and be done with it. Like I said, life is too short, I value my time too much so if I have to pay extra cash to be done with all this crap then so be it, such is life and all that.

Yeah this is getting really really old now ive been going since 30 mins before official launch and still nothing for me lmao

OcUK Systems
OcUK Staff
Sorry, just too many messages to read through everywhere.
Do you guys have an ETA or just holding all stock for weeks?

rzICv17.jpg

that's all up to Gibbo and what tools we manage to pull together to allow us to get them into the hands of gamers. The most likely outcome at this point is that we offer them to those in the 3080 queues first but there's technical blockers to overcome on that front.

Associate
No foolproof way short of requiring physical pickup from a store they don't even have any more. Wouldn't have been too horrible with it being in the more northerly half of the West Mids, but still a hell of a hike for anyone from Scotland or the less motorway-rich parts of the nation (ie the south west).

Associate
In hindsight I wish I had paid scalper prices back at the end of 2020. They are looking very reasonable now.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

What people do with the cards after buying (scalping)- I don't see how to avoid that. Maybe keep the box back to make it harder to pass the card off as unused.

Wrt bots - if they "win" by being quickest then some kind of random draw - so have a window (newegg shuffle?) of time to allow people to request buy and then select the winners randomly. Take a micro payment from the card to try and prevent the same person using multiple payment methods to get multiple changes.

Or... MM which sadly means long term customers who are not prolific posters have no chance :(

Stop suggesting how to fix this - they are getting fed up with it. The only way to fix it is to wait it out and be patient.

Back
Top Bottom