• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

OcUK Staff
If that was the case (which is a contributing factor) then why are the better designed power phases clocking better? Even you have proven this.

These will be good where airflow isn't the best in cases and even better for those small form factor builds.

Had a zotac extreme and Asus strix today on 970, neither could do beyond 1400MHz core. :(
The zotac did manage 8800MHz memory stable though! :eek:

Then my Inno3D 970 OC does 1580MHz on core which is on a 760 PCB with 2x 6-pin connectors.

Of course perfect GPU, perfect ram and uprated power would be the perfect card but you need all three to score big, so buying the uprated cards improve your chances, but if the silicon is junk then nothing else matters.

Yes my 970 G1 was a hero as it smashed over 1600MHz core and does 8200 ram.

But for core clocks the silicon is the biggest factor and that is a fact!

OcUK Staff
That's all nice to know , but is it worth waiting a whole month for these 970 with a 980 reference cooler?

If yes to the following then yes.

1. Exhaust all heat out the case.
2. Wanting the nice green glowing GeForce led.
3. Running 2-3 in SLI, this is best cooling solution, especially for 3-way
4. NVIDIA branding, cooler, backplate etc.

Otherwise any other 970 will do. :)

Soldato
Hey Gibbo, your forgetting 5, how sexy these coolers look with the Nvidia sli bridge :D

595.jpg

Soldato
If yes to the following then yes.

1. Exhaust all heat out the case.
2. Wanting the nice green glowing GeForce led.
3. Running 2-3 in SLI, this is best cooling solution, especially for 3-way
4. NVIDIA branding, cooler, backplate etc.

Otherwise any other 970 will do. :)

I have a Matx mobo and wanted to go 2 way SLI (1 gpu is my goal). so the gpu's will be very close to each other, but at least the heat will be out the back. Still thinking on what to do???

either a overpriced 980, 970 titan cooler, maybe a gtx 990 dual gpu?(which would be best for me) or wait it out for full fat Maxwell? Single GPU super powerful would be best.

cash is burning a hole as we speak?

Caporegime
OP
That doesn't mean they can be flashed to a 980. If they could be someone would have done it by now or it would be known about as other 970's have the same PCB as their bigger brother 980.

Permabanned
Does anyone elses card boost lower when running DSR at 4k?

At 1080p and 1440p my 970 hits 1500Mhz boost, if I turn on DSR for 4k it can be as low as 1250Mhz boost??

Anyone elses card do the same?

Soldato
Had a zotac extreme and Asus strix today on 970, neither could do beyond 1400MHz core. :(
The zotac did manage 8800MHz memory stable though! :eek:

Then my Inno3D 970 OC does 1580MHz on core which is on a 760 PCB with 2x 6-pin connectors.

Of course perfect GPU, perfect ram and uprated power would be the perfect card but you need all three to score big, so buying the uprated cards improve your chances, but if the silicon is junk then nothing else matters.

Yes my 970 G1 was a hero as it smashed over 1600MHz core and does 8200 ram.

But for core clocks the silicon is the biggest factor and that is a fact!

Did you look at the ASIC on those cards you tested by any chance?

Back
Top Bottom