• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
Ordered the msi 970
Now i know this appears quite tall compared to the other 970s and also standard graphic cards
As anyone got the msi 970 installed in their case yet? If so whats the clearance like from the top of the msi 970 and say your case side panel etc?

Caporegime
Ordered the msi 970
Now i know this appears quite tall compared to the other 970s and also standard graphic cards
As anyone got the msi 970 installed in their case yet? If so whats the clearance like from the top of the msi 970 and say your case side panel etc?

it should tell you the cards dimensions,then measure the gap from pcie slot to edge of case sidepanel

Caporegime
When benching I just set fans to max, power target to max. Iirc I have temp target set to 84c. I've thought about using a custom bios but for games I just run stock speed, even then with a custom fan profile the top card does get into the high 70's unless I limit fps. Wf cards in sli aren't ideal tbh.

Associate
I love msi cards and when I seen the msi gtx970 gaming I was like ah yeah I will have two of them but when I seen that it has no back plate like most if not all the others 970's do I would be lieing if I did say I was a little turn off by it.

So now I have to make a choice tomorrow or Tuesday to buy 2 msi 970 or 2 gigabyte 970 from ocuk???

Caporegime
OP
Yeah, if you need help overclocking just ask in here and people will give you advice :)

The voltage is on a slider as well and only increases by +87mv which is not enough to damage your card unless it's already defective. It's when you start playing with custom bios and higher voltages you're more likely to brick it.

Soldato
Will be a nice boost in performance yes. Are you struggling in any games or just have the urge?

Not really struggling in any games at the moment that I can notice, but with games like Dragon Age Inquisition, Middle Earth SoM, Far Cry 4 coming out this year, and Witcher 3 early next year, I want to make sure I'm able to continue to enjoy a decent gaming experience. I'm thinking the Witcher 3 in particular might be a bit of a system killer, judging by the previous two in the series.

Back
Top Bottom