• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Hi Gibbo,

Do you think the ETA on the Gigabyte G1 is accurate? I know it's just an estimation but I'm trying to sell my GTX 780 and 'sidegrade' (slight upgrade) ASAP but don't want to be left without a GPU. Haha.

I like the Gigabyte G1 because of the fact it has 3 full size DisplayPorts! Useful for me.

OcUK Staff
Hi Gibbo,

Do you think the ETA on the Gigabyte G1 is accurate? I know it's just an estimation but I'm trying to sell my GTX 780 and 'sidegrade' (slight upgrade) ASAP but don't want to be left without a GPU. Haha.

I like the Gigabyte G1 because of the fact it has 3 full size DisplayPorts! Useful for me.

970 due Monday/Tuesday :)
980 G1 couple of weeks.

Soldato
The reason I picked the MSI over other brands was the extra years warranty. Other brands need to take note, 2 years isn't good enough.

Yeah that's what is pulling me towards the MSI over the Palit or Inno3D.
It's unlikely I'll keep the card for even a year, but it's always a nice bonus :p

Associate
Another MSI GTX970 over @ 1,500mhz boosted core with no additional volts.

72.7% Asics

I take these things nice & slow. Not touched memory yet. Quiet as a mouse & nice & cool.

Associate
Slightly OT, ok maybe just OT in general lol
With the msi 3 year warranty, to get this do i have to register the card or is it just 3 years in general and if it fails in say 18months time i just contact them, show proof of purchase etc?

Soldato
Time to upgrade my GTX480 SOC I got from ocuk 3 years ago. I'm wanting this for game streaming the most (limelight for ouya hooked to a TV) I cannot deciede what model to get between the

Palit jetstream
Gigabyte

Im on a strict budget so can't decided if gigabyte is worth the extra . my 480 SOC is soooooo loud so if it's quiter than that I'll be happy

Any ideas

Last edited:
Associate
I'd say looking from the 3 years perspective - 30 quid premium for the best 970 sku available (its like 80p a month) is nothing really. Plus exceptional Giga's warranty services.
Considering that Jetstream is just a basic NV reference sku:

compared to this engineering marvel:

From kitguru

Hotlinked images+oversized

Cons:
the gold colour may not appeal to everyone.
hotter running than the MSI GTX970 Gaming 4G and ASUS GTX970 Strix OC.
PCB extension plate moves excessively – should be mounted to the cooler above.
fan profile could be a little more aggressive.
6 Pin power headers are reversed and not at the end of the card – fiddly to work with.
Mini DisplayPort and Mini HDMI connectors – with no converters in the box.
From kitguru

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried out Metro Redux everything maxed at 1080p (except had SSAA off) . Getting over 100fps :cool: With SSAA at 2X it droped to around 65 but tbh I didn't notice the jaggies in the first place.

Soldato
So

ASIC 73.4

Heaven 63.4 Rock stable no artifacts
Core 195
Mem 575
mV +20
TDP 99.9
VDDC 1.2310
Temp 53c
Boost 1536.9Mhz
Mem 2041.2Mhz
PL +10

Firestrike quick go as it's late 11075
Core +180
Mem +400
mV +0
TDP 108.4
VDDC 1.2060
Temp 57c
Boost 1513.2Mhz
Mem 1951.7Mhz
PL +10

In firstrike as soon as I hit or exceed 110% TDP the card starts to throttle...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom