• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Any advice on overclocking; I get weird issues (Ithink the driver reboots) when I just up to 1500mhz, I have touched no other settings.

It seems perfectly stable at 1470mhz, is it worth spending loads of time just for 30mhz?

What is a sensible ram overclock?

Any advice on overclocking; I get weird issues (Ithink the driver reboots) when I just up to 1500mhz, I have touched no other settings.

It seems perfectly stable at 1470mhz, is it worth spending loads of time just for 30mhz?

I'm not sure you would ever notice any difference in anything with 30mhz ???

I got my MSI card today, only had it in a few hours and this is what I have so far:

ASIC: 81.6%

Heaven 4 run:

GPU Core: 1600Mhz
Mem Clock: Stock (1752Mhz)
Power Limit: +110
Volts: Stock (1.2180)

Fan @ 75%
Max Temp: 57C

This is with no artifacts and smooth like butter.

I am off out for the weekend so I will put the clocks higher tomorrow night.

Is 1600mhz on GPU Core with no voltage increase common on these?

Your asic is high which mean less volt leakages.

970 Waterblocks in approx 4weeks!!:cool:

Someone over at Overclock contacted EK and was told they're in testing and demand is very high:D

Source:
http://www.overclock.net/t/1513723/various-nvidia-gtx-980-970-reviews/4530

Sorry if already posted (I did look but couldn't see it:p)

Has 8pack made any comment yet on watercooling the 970/980's?

I'm wondering if I should try universal blocks and lower active cooling this time as I've always gone for full cover before? will universal blocks automatically = lower overclock?

Any input would be appreciated guys:)

I ran mine at 1516 for a while... but after they got hotter (70s I believe, I started to see some strange graphical effects ending in the driver stopped responding). So I just backed down to the next even number (+150 = 1466). I guess you could try settings inbetween (+160, +170, etc) and find how far you can go (the cards seem to add a bit on anyways). Personally I'm fine with +150 on an already overclocked card.

Hi, those with MSI970, anyone experience sagging (even slight) when mounted on the PCI-E?

@Clovic, what was the issue with your MSI heating up?

I don't get any sagging on my card luckily, the heating issue was to do with my system keep failing to boot, not giving the fans time to cool the card, it's fine now. :)

Got an MSI 970 and so far very much enjoying it. This might not be the right place to ask, but is anyone else having massive problems with Watch Dogs? I know it has issues anyway... but mine is effectively unplayable.

I can run the game on low / medium settings... but as soon as I crank things up the game just crashes (usually with the faulting module d3d11.dll message). I'm assuming it's not the card, because I can run everything else (aside from some early crashing with Tomb Raider).

Anyone else with the same issues? I've not OC'd at all yet, using 344.16 drivers as you'd expect.

Back
Top Bottom