• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
SLI bridge? Not a silly q... yeah, i checked with my mobo, 7cm jobbie. God only know why Nvidia cant box with their GPU's some like AMD do :(

Really.. whats wrong with the stickers... or should not ask and save the suspense?

Last edited:
Soldato
Probably not much, the cards run so cool anyway. The maximum TDP will probably stop you until there are modified BIOS that allow higher %.

Something I noticed is that when using the on-board encoder to stream, TDP rose by 3%. That is only on H.264 encoding and the video engine at 7%. So I imagine when H.265 is made available, the video engine will be running much higher than 7%, so TDP increase will be higher than 3%. In conclusion, using the onboard encoder to stream (or record to disk) might reduce your max overclock. :)

Associate
got an MSI 970,Out of the box the boost clock was 1328mhz

Overclock so far

Boost clock 1503mhz(seen it hit 1516mhz in games however) ram 8000mhz

110% power limit +15mv +175 core +500 ram

Firestrike http://www.3dmark.com/fs/2853830 on 4670k at 4.3ghz

In valley and Firestrike the boost clock slightly drops(around 20mhz) when the power draw reaches 110/111%,it however only lasts for a few seconds of any given run.

Last edited:
Associate
Originally Posted by Scramz View Post
Did a bold overclock with my MSI 970 and run heaven again.

I have a good clocker so I will try and fine tune the final overclock then start pushing volts to see how far this thing can go.

Be interested to see how far you can go most i managed was 1652 in heaven with core at 1625 i could boost core more , but i found it wasent worth it as i was only gaining a few fps in doing so :)

I will push it more tonight, I was away the weekend so only had a few hours last night to play with it.

All in all, the card is very fast and silent.

What is your ASIC?

Back
Top Bottom