• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
ordered one of the gigabyte cards, can't wait to get it. hoping it will be a big step up from my gtx 570. sadly i have to wait till next month for one as they are no longer in stock =(

Soldato
Heaven 4

Max boost is 1574 according to Afterburner (+220) (GPUz shows boost clock as 1473?)
Memory is 7612 (+300)

Temps never went above 65!

4690k at 4.7GHz

1zqbk39.png

Caporegime
OP
Voltage only helps the core, but on the 970 it doesn't seem to help at all above a certain level as GPU-Z shows it throttling back down to lower voltages in games or benchmarks, that's why we need skynet bios that force certain voltages and give more power target to stop this happening.

Permabanned
Voltage only helps the core, but on the 970 it doesn't seem to help at all above a certain level as GPU-Z shows it throttling back down to lower voltages in games or benchmarks, that's why we need skynet bios that force certain voltages and give more power target to stop this happening.

The custom BIOS's are around, we can edit them the problem is no software can flash them yet!

Soldato

I just did a run on FS and got 11850 running the card @ 1470/2190 and cpu @ 4.2.

Reckon if i can get my cpu to bench @ 4.8 and my card @ 1500+ i should clear the 12k mark, only need 12245 to take 15th spot, that's what i'm aiming for ;)

Caporegime
OP
The custom BIOS's are around, we can edit them the problem is no software can flash them yet!

Yeah that's what I meant, nvflash doesn't seem to work yet. Hopefully see some 1700mhz+ core clocks when flashed.

Reckon if i can get my cpu to bench @ 4.8 and my card @ 1500+ i should clear the 12k mark, only need 12245 to take 15th spot, that's what i'm aiming for ;)

You'll have to be quick as more clocked 980's will be appearing in the top 15 soon!

Caporegime
OP
Yep it's all down to the chip usually, fancy coolers and power phases etc may help a small amount but not a lot.

With watercooling though people say a low ASIC% is best as it means you can stick more volts through the card whilst keeping it cool.

Associate
Advising a buddie on his new rig. Hes big on nvidia and hes coming from a 660. Dont want to give him something incorrect so thought id ask folk who own such cards on your thoughts.

Was telling him the msi seem to be good clockers and quiet, but does anyone know if the gigabyte g1 are worth the extra - and do they appear to be clocking as good as the msi? Hes an EVGA fan, and hes interested in the atx 2.0 ftw - but i think personally its not worth the extra. Thoughts?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom