• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Associate
lol all have mouse pads :((( i dont have anyone

Gave my stepdad my mousemat I got with my card, his wrist support one was starting to open and go lop sided. Happy chappy now though.

Happily reading the fellow owners thread then....Bam 'Mouse pad':eek:

2gDlK1B.gif

I think we're being trolled about the mouse pads:p I didn't have one with either of mine I can only assume those receiving them are traitors and have purchased from another outlet:eek:

Shame on them!!!:mad::D

Associate
I'm still having trouble unlocking the voltage control on my MSI Gaming 970's. I've checked and unchecked the volt control box, restarted MSI AB and my PC a few times but its still greyed out :confused: ... any ideas anyone?!

Associate
I'm still having trouble unlocking the voltage control on my MSI Gaming 970's. I've checked and unchecked the volt control box, restarted MSI AB and my PC a few times but its still greyed out :confused: ... any ideas anyone?!

Have you updated to the newest version?

Soldato
Got my Inno3D 970's under water last night, the lack of fans eating into the TDP bumped my firestrike score by 30 lol, haven't tried any tuning yet as it took me to 3am due to a resonance cascade >.>

Soldato
Will be interesting to see what you get.

LEAKS!

I have been water cooling since 2003 and never had a leak, because I kept it simple and avoided complication, but in order to get the cards plumbed in without redoing half the loop I had to rely on a brand new Bitspower rotary I had bought for a future build, it failed at the rotation, re-drained and replaced with an XSPC rotary that was also new, it failed the same way, in the end I resorted to an old battered BP matt black rotary compression that I bought of the MM eons ago, it held it's ground :)

Luckily both cases were just coolant bubbling out of the join not a geyser or anything (plus it was empty case lined with tissue below the leak).

Associate
82% ASIC most i went to on core was 1655 but there was no extra benefit from 1600 or 1625 , the gain beyond 1600 for me is minimal with only a few fps gained.

I noticed that adding over 1600 was pointless, tbh I have left the card at stock for gaming. I am getting more than enough FPS in my games currently lol.

Associate
I Really want to SLI the MSI 970s but the motherboard front headers are 30mm from the PCI-E slot :/ The cooler seems quite low down on the MSI as well.

Anyone got any tips on how to fit this thing in?

I bought some extra 2pin headers to try and cut away the plastic so it's shorter.

OcUK Staff
Hi there

100 of these just in:

Asus GeForce GTX 970 DirectCU II OC Strix 4096MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £299.99 inc VAT

GX-352-AS_400.jpg

The new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980/970 is powered by the next generation NVIDIA Maxwell Architecture, giving you incredible performance, unmatched power efficiency, and cutting-edge features.

Maxwell is the most advanced GPU architecture ever made, designed to be the engine of next generation gaming. Inspired by light, it was designed to solve some of the most complex lighting and graphics challenges in visual computing. For the first time, gaming GPU's can dynamically render indirect light using the new VXGI (Voxel Global Illumination technology). Scenes are significantly more lifelike as light interacts more realistically in the game environment.

The GTX 980 is the worlds fastest GPU and the GTX 970 offers the most advanced performance in its class. Each delivers 2x the performance of previous-generation card, bringing new gaming experiences to virtual reality, and ultra resolution 4k displays.

Enable the detail of 4k monitors, on a 1080P display. DSR produces smoother images by rendering a game at a high resolution, then downscaling it to the native resolution of the display using advanced filtering.

GeForce GTX 980 and 970 cards support tear-free, super-fast NVIDIA G-Sync monitor display technology including 4k. Together, these technologies provide the most immersive and competitive gaming experiences possible.

Features:-
- Voxel Global Illumination Technology (VXGI)
- NVIDIA® Super Resolution technology
- NVIDIA® GameWorks technology
- NVIDIA® GameStream technology
- NVIDIA® TXAA Technology
- NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0
- NVIDIA PhysX® Technology
- NVIDIA FXAA Technology
- NVIDIA Adaptive Vertical Sync
- NVIDIA Surround
- Support for four concurrent displays including: Two dual-link DVI, HDMI and DisplayPort 1.2
- Microsoft DirectX 12
- NVIDIA® 3D Vision® Ready
- NVIDIA SLI® Ready Technology
- NVIDIA CUDA® technology
- PCI Express 3.0 support
- OpenGL 4.4 support
- OpenCL support
- NVIDIA SHIELD Ready
- NVIDIA G-Sync Ready

Specification:-
- GeForce GTX 970
- GPU: GeForce GTX 970 (GM204)
- Core Base Clock: 1114MHz
- Core Boost Clock: 1253MHz
- Memory Clock: 7010MHz
- Memory Size: 4096MB GDDR5
- Bus Type: PCI Express 3.0
- Memory Bus: 256-bit
- CUDA Cores: 1664
- DirectX 12: Yes
- DVI Port: 2x Dual-Link DVI, 1x DisplayPort & 1x HDMI
- DisplayPort: Yes
- HDCP: Yes
- HDMI: Yes
- Power: 1x 8-Pin
- 450W PSU Required
- 225W TDP
- Warranty: 3yr

Only £299.99 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Won't last long!!!

Associate
Got my Gigabyte 970 yesterday. Picked it up about 9pm. And started building a new system from scratch at 11pm, 5 hours later I have a brand new PC that I still haven't had time to play with. Work at 7am and not home till 6pm.

Soooo much clock watching happening today.

Back
Top Bottom