• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Asus Strix crashing in Afterburner as soon as you hit the save key and GPU Tweak loosing its overclock after reboot

this is the latest Afterburner

Soldato
I'm tempted to change my MSI 970's for either 2 asus or some 980's, 61% ASIC on one card, can't even get 1350 stable, and the top card is 67% ASIC and won't clock past 1478 without shutting down.

Soldato
I'm pushing 4k res and although 2 970's are fast, they aren't quite up to BF4 at 4K yet and any OC I try to use in sli fails as the bottom card is ****. :p

I was running 3 290's before but swapped for 3 970's, returned one 970 last week as I didn't think I'd need it, silly mistake :D

Associate
im not an owner but i want to become one soon. i am particularly interested in the MSI and the EVGA ACX 2.0 cards. which one do you reckon? i know the EVGA isnt out yet but it will be next week.

can someone give me an accurate idea of the dimensions of these 2 cards aswell please, i am of the understanding that the reviews dont give the right measurements.

Soldato
i had to delete Afterburner 4.0 ........pc crashing at start up, GPU also crashed in Heaven, i had to reduce clock from 7980 to 7400 and return the voltage to stock..............i guess it's not loosing many FPS but i wont be truly happy until i get it in SLI.

it's a stupid sodding B*****, i expect it'll get driver updates soon, because this 970 isn't anywhere near as stable as the 7990..... that card just ran too hot !

i cant understand it crashing in Heaven because it was ok earlier on, this card is also trickier than the 7970 too, whoever said that AMD drivers suck is a total idiot !!!!!

Last edited:
Soldato
i had to delete Afterburner 4.0 ........pc crashing at start up, GPU also crashed in Heaven, i had to reduce clock from 7980 to 7400 and return the voltage to stock..............i guess it's not loosing many FPS but i wont be truly happy until i get it in SLI.

stupid sodding B*****, i expect it'll get driver updates soon, because the 970 isn't anywhere near as stable as the 7990..... that card just ran too hot !

i cant understand it crashing in Heaven because it was ok earlier on

I assume it's unstable because you're oveeclocking it too far, not because the card is inherently unstable.

Associate
I just tried re installing GPU Tweak and now its not letting me get a gpu clock over 1400. Thats how far the slider maxxes out. Any one know how to unlock it?

Soldato
It works fine at stock?

oh yes it's perfect at stock, dont forget that the card is overclocked anyway..i.e the default setting is already overclocked for you

the problem is when you reboot the pc, it's automatically defaulting back and i'm loosing my OC, i have to click onto ``profile 1`` and it comes back...... this needs fixing

Associate
Still Looking at these cards and I'm leaning towards the gigabyte. Thing is the the 1st pcie slot on my mobo is very close to my noctua cooler.

I'm wondering of I could just squeeze the gigabyte in with that metal guard on the back. Or can I use one of the other pcie slots?

Anyone got any pics of a gigabyte in there case?

Back
Top Bottom