• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
Fixed the issue I had where my monitor would go into power save mode on startup or when restarting the PC- I've connected all three monitors via DVI and it seems to have fixed it.

PC is running a bit quieter now. I've removed 2 case fans and temps are around the same as before, all fans are running on the lowest speed via a fan controller. The PSU and GFX card fans rarely spin!

The 970s hit around ~68C max from what I've seen so far. Both cards are currently sat at 58C and 59C but the fan is on Auto mode @ 4%. I'd prefer the fans running at a slightly higher speed and keep the GPU temps under 50C tbh especially on idle. Setting GPU fan speed to 33% and I still can't hear any noise increase - I'm sat next to my tower and temps are now 36C and 45C, much better. :)

Once I've done my work, hopefully I'll get a chance to try some games!!

Associate
No graphics cards because despite being pre ordered they've been sold to someone else. :mad: Absolutely livid, cancelled and will be ordering with a competitor!!! Don't hand near £700 to someone for poor service like that.

Now gotta run around and try put a water cooling loop together because I don't have anything I can run on air and my pc is my tv/games/work system so can't exactly go without it!

Associate
hey guys and girls

i was thinking of getting the GTX 980 but decided against it. The re sale value if some thing new comes out, going to make huge loss depending on the the cost of new gpus and the price/performance wasn't worth it.

so i ve decided on getting one gtx 970 for my Asus vg278he

ive narrowed it down to 2 brands

gigabyte gaming g1 and Inno3D GeForce GTX 970 "iChill Herculez X4 Air Boss Ultra

Just a few question

Q1. is it possible to change the LED from blue to Red or White. reason is my rig is colour themed red black and white, Asus M5E board.

Q2. i see the inno has red LEDS lights is that correct cant find decent image showing light illuminated ofc know one knows how it performs but looking at spec do you think its better than the G1?.

thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
yea made some of my own curves, the fans speed doesnt seem to make a difference at 60% its hitting 79c and at 80% its hitting 79c

It most definitely should make a difference. Sounds to me like you could have got a faulty one.

Someone else on here had one and said it ran in the low 60s.

Last edited:
Soldato
yea made some of my own curves, the fans speed doesnt seem to make a difference at 60% its hitting 79c and at 80% its hitting 79c

you either have a problem with the card or poor case cooling....max overclock kills my card way before the temperature rises, mine always crashes at about 70 degrees............the GPU has never gone above 67 degrees stable, so i dont quite know what's going on, because every card i've ever had has gone 70...80....90...artifact...crash.

i think mine crashes because i cant raise the voltage at all, so there's a limit to how far the other two can be raised..... it's very odd

Last edited:
Associate
maybe i thought you had non-ref card , ref-aka blowers push hot air out the back.

hmm do you have soundcard or any other part near the gpu which give off heat.

if you do have spare fan try using has intake and see if that improves the temps.

p.s is the card Ocd.

Back
Top Bottom