• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

NVIDIA GTX 970 OWNERS THREAD

Soldato
maybe i thought you had non-ref card , ref-aka blowers push hot air out the back.

hmm do you have soundcard or any other part near the gpu which give off heat.

if you do have spare fan try using has intake and see if that improves the temps.

p.s is the card Ocd.

no sound cards or anything, im using Xigmatek midguard case, The PSU is at the bottom (fan facing downards) its directly underneath the Card, maybe the heat is just hitting the PSU and staying there, i want a new case next pay day anyway, any commendations for something not massive but good airflow

Permabanned
I've taken the cooler off my blower style card if anyone is interested to see the internals because as far I've seen there's no pictures any where to be found.

The actual heat sink itself is tiny!!

Thermal paste was also on stupidly thick and has now been replaced with Notua NHT :D

The pictures can be found here

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

I've taken the cooler off my blower style card if anyone is interested to see the internals because as far I've seen there's no pictures any where to be found.

Thermal paste was also on stupidly thick and has now been replaced with Notua NHT :D

What card?

Also, what are the temps/noise like post tim replacement?

Associate
i shount of got the inno3d, runs close to 80c (hit 79 quite a lot) and to keep it below 80 its very loud :( dissapointed in the card but not the performance

I don't think our cards are faulty as such, it is going to run at high 70s on furmark and valley.

As I mentioned on a couple of replies if you look at Precision X the temp limit is 79 so it's designed to work up to that temp - but the fan will need to be at 60+% - pretty loud.

So yes it's disappointing perhaps if you compare with what some others claim their brands can do. It's also disappointing at idle as the min is 1140rpm - clearly audible - no 0 rpm for us just like the EVGA ACX 1.0

If you have the space for an MSI for example whose fans are much larger in area I would return and swap.

Associate
Just put my shiny new gigabyte g1 gtx 970 in my machine aannndd it keeps restarting completely randomly =/ not sure the cause. I have an antec 750 watt psu that should be enough for power right?

Deleted member 66701

Deleted member 66701

Just put my shiny new gigabyte g1 gtx 970 in my machine aannndd it keeps restarting completely randomly =/ not sure the cause. I have an antec 750 watt psu that should be enough for power right?

Got the latest mobo bios? Obvious but unistalled old drivers/installed new ones?

Associate
Just upgraded from a 5xx series to a 970 and the "Surround configuration" options are grayed out. I'm running three Dell Ultrasharp U2414H monitors using the Displayport connection. All three monitors show in the PhysX options as green and have been set the same (1080p 1920x1080 60Hz). Anyone know how I can get this working?

Associate

At least they used heatpipes this time! My Palit 670s had what looked like tinfoil on them!

Associate
Got the latest mobo bios? Obvious but unistalled old drivers/installed new ones?

Yeah done all that. It's happening before I even get into windows sometimes. Was going to try and format but at the moment I can't even get my computer to come on so I don't think it's a driver issue.

Edit: just got it to come on stuck a windows disk in and it went off at the "press any key to boot from cd" screen

Associate
got myself msi 970, just wow. slows down fans to a halt on idle? power consumption is much less than 780, simmilar performance to what i had before, zotac oced 3fan which oced did 2800 on valley, this does 2450 out of the box

Associate
Very happy with those 970s, sadly they are only 62 and 63. something in the Asic rating. They do get past 1500mhz but is pointless to keep them like that in sli. The temps go up to 70 for top card and 63 for the other one, also thanks to this Nocua flying in the case.
2ij2900.jpg

Also according to Corsair Link the peak power consumption doesn't go past 400W (never seen the fan spinning).

Back
Top Bottom