• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia’s ace in the hole against AMD: Maxwell is the first GPU with full DirectX 12 support

Thats the point i'm making, Microsoft platform synergy has nothing to do with Gaming API's.

Fair enough.

Microsoft could do so much more with platform synergy, but they're pathetic.
Windows 10's so close to RTM, yet even with the latest beta build the Xbox app still doesn't have the streaming option, Steam got their in home streaming out stupidly quick as beta.

Blah, Mirosoft bad, blah AMD good blah blah.

Microsoft, love them or hate them are doing as much for PC gaming as anybody else. It's their API in the Xbox one and it's Their API in the Windows 10.

But, that point that you ran with was only secondary to the discussion. I am still waiting for any proof from you about anything. Your hate for Microsoft is pretty clear but saying AMD is the saving grace of cross platform gaming and APIs is pretty far fetched.

So when did AMD approach Microsoft?

When Did Microsoft go back to AMD begging for Mantle?

You are the one making these claims, you must have something to back them up.

Fact is Microsoft have stated that dx12 on the Xbone will enable cross platform play on titles that support it between the xbone and PC. This has nothing to do with AMD or Mantle this is explicitly DX12, other than some internet rumours and speculation and a dubious pic that it was a copy pasta of Mantle it is not Mantle.

Although hats off to AMD for pretty much forcing microsofts hand into making DX12 by showing what is capable from an Api like Mantle, AMD were never going to do much with mantle as they simple are or were not interested in putting any serious investment into it, much like most of their technology.

And for the non believers of cross platform via dx12

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/01/21/windows-10-nvidia-dx12/ Direct from Nvidia

Last edited:
Fact is Microsoft have stated that dx12 on the Xbone will enable cross platform play on titles that support it between the xbone and PC. This has nothing to do with AMD or Mantle this is explicitly DX12, other than some internet rumours and speculation and a dubious pic that it was a copy pasta of Mantle it is not Mantle.

Although hats off to AMD for pretty much forcing microsofts hand into making DX12 by showing what is capable from an Api like Mantle, AMD were never going to do much with mantle as they simple are or were not interested in putting any serious investment into it, much like most of their technology.

And for the non believers of cross platform via dx12

http://blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2015/01/21/windows-10-nvidia-dx12/ Direct from Nvidia

No argument from me Si and good post.

One thing that does remain certain and that is gains. While Mantle did give some nice gains for low end CPU/high end GPU users, DX12 won't really bring massive gains to high end CPU and GPU users. latency times will improve of course and multi high end GPU users should see some nice benefits but for the majority, there won't be much in frame gains.

True Greg but I reckon minimums will go up therefore making averages higher, which kinda makes a mockery of screens like that Asus Ips 1440p 144hz Freesync screens which has a range of like 35 to 90, as that screen is aimed at the high end user. I reckon with dx12 top end AMD gpu's most people will be over that min max Freesync range rendering it useles

What your forgetting is that with gains comes more demnding games. If dx12 gives more draw calls polygon counts and more performance then devs will take advantage. Also should give lower level access to hardware too. Dont think dx12 will be pushing minimums above 60fps anytime soon. Proba get them up and around 45-50 tops still its xtra performance and flexibility for the devs which is great.

latency times will improve of course and multi high end GPU users should see some nice benefits but for the majority, there won't be much in frame gains.

Mantle showed Min fps become higher which is the key point for gaming anyway. so there be a lot of frame gains for any user and other benefits.

Most people dont get that Dx12 is a gamechanger for the industry big time.
You now have motivated developers having new toys to play with that they asked for decades.

From my experience, mantle is a massive benefit in all the mantle games I've tried especially for bf 4 but then my cpu is 5+ years old now.... Hardline there wasn't much difference except for the min FPS, but overall, mantle games feel a lot smoother than any dx game I have played, at least on my pc, it is a shame you can't monitor the frame latency with afterburner/rivatuner as this is far more important than the fps imo, generally anything over 20ms doesn't feel smooth.

Last edited:
From my experience, mantle is a massive benefit in all the mantle games I've tried especially for bf 4 but then my cpu is 5+ years old now.... Hardline there wasn't much difference except for the min FPS, but overall, mantle games feel a lot smoother than any dx game I have played, at least on my pc, it is a shame you can't monitor the frame latency with afterburner/rivatuner as this is far more important than the fps imo, generally anything over 20ms doesn't feel smooth.

Yer, for your CPU, Mantle was a right result and for me, I would say anything over 40ms I can see but under 40ms just looked and felt the same but I am old :D

That wasn't what I asked.

You are asking me things I don't know, so I used my own experience to try and answer but I guess you are again baiting me, so I shan't bother with you. Had enough of your trolling in my threads.

Yer, for your CPU, Mantle was a right result and for me, I would say anything over 40ms I can see but under 40ms just looked and felt the same but I am old :D

You are asking me things I don't know, so I used my own experience to try and answer but I guess you are again baiting me, so I shan't bother with you. Had enough of your trolling in my threads.

You said only low end CPU's show gains. I have used i7 2600k and now 3770k I asked you are these low end?

No I didn't. Read my post properly.

I did and you saying only low end CPU's shown gains. But you completely wrong. High end will also when you start adding in more GPUs. Directx 12, Mantle benefits everything they is no only this or that.

And since when did a disagreement come to trolling? You need to chill abit.

Back
Top Bottom