• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Nvidia’s ace in the hole against AMD: Maxwell is the first GPU with full DirectX 12 support

No argument from me Si and good post.

One thing that does remain certain and that is gains. While Mantle did give some nice gains for low end CPU/high end GPU users, DX12 won't really bring massive gains to high end CPU and GPU users. latency times will improve of course and multi high end GPU users should see some nice benefits but for the majority, there won't be much in frame gains.

I tested Mantle on my system and there was no noticeable difference with my CPU (3930K) at 4.4ghz between DX and Mantle on the 290X. Both ran great and both were around the same fps.

Quoting myself, as people seem to think I am saying things that I am not....

First off, I said in my testing with a 290X and a 3930K. I didn't have Crossfire to test and I didn't see any noticeable gains. Now then, I said multi GPU users will see some nice benefits (Humbug agree's with me) I also said DX12 won't bring massive gains to high end CPU/GPU users, so tell me this. did Mantle bring massive gains to high end CPU and GPU users?

Don't read things I didn't say just for the sake of disagreeing with me chaps.

Edit:

Also Shankly, show me where I said "Only low end CPU users show gains" I keep reading my posts and can't see it anywhere.

Last edited:
I tested Mantle on my system and there was no noticeable difference with my CPU (3930K) at 4.4ghz between DX and Mantle on the 290X.

From my experience, mantle is a massive benefit in all the mantle games I've tried especially for bf 4 but then my cpu is 5+ years old now

I used both DX and Mantle and Mantle increased fps in the single digits but more importantly yielded higher minimums. This is akin to some people boasting a cpu upgrade and how much better game-play was.

So on that reason and that alone, mantle does make a difference regardless of anyone perceived experience. This is why DX12 should also make a difference - it is just taking them a long time to come out with products to gauge this against.

I used both DX and Mantle and Mantle increased fps in the single digits but more importantly yielded higher minimums. This is akin to some people boasting a cpu upgrade and how much better game-play was.

So on that reason and that alone, mantle does make a difference regardless of anyone perceived experience. This is why DX12 should also make a difference - it is just taking them a long time to come out with products to gauge this against.

I didn't notice any minimum gains in honesty and this chart backs up what I have said.

I didn't notice any minimum gains in honesty and this chart backs up what I have said.

Toms Hardware put "The Authority On Tech" on their slides but they have no idea about high Draw Calls and where to find them.
People should stop listing to these ####, they have no idea what they are talking about.

Here is an example 'live recorded side by side' when it happens and what difference it makes.

Last edited:
That video goes against every site and post I have read and doesn't add up. You are saying that Mantle doubled your frames at times? No where in the entire internetz does that show true other than your video Humbug.

That video goes against every site and post I have read and doesn't add up. You are saying that Mantle doubled your frames at times? No where in the entire internetz does that show true other than your video Humbug.

Because has humbug pointed out, under some situations when you become dx11 bottlenecked, Mantle boosted performance.. Most benchmarks forget this and just run a benchmark that has no real bottleneck to begin with.

Show me were they made the same run and it goes against my results, i'll eat my Keyboard.

I can call up any AMD owner to replicate that and they will come up with the same results.

The smoothness is the main reason I can't wait for directx 12 games.. I remember I was laughed at for pointing out mantle games felt much more smother.. Here me laughing right back at them..

These are my own benchmark results for bf 4 and BFH:

Battlefield Hardline, everything on MAX, res scale 100%, FOV 85 and a run around the dust bowl map on an empty server with a ping of about 30-40:

mantle

KbZdvcQ.png

DX

VWWUZF4.png
That min. FPS difference! Although as you can see, there isn't much difference when it comes to the average FPS but in game, mantle feels much smoother than DX.

And BF 4 max settings except no AA (IIRC I had 150% res. scale though) at 2560x1080 in a single player mission:

DX

gL8pec9.png

Mantle

7wN0BYL.png
That minimum FPS figure for mantle is wrong though, I've never seen the FPS hit that low during that run, not sure why it reports the wrong minimum FPS figure :confused:

I did have a siege of shanhai "run" on an empty server (but with everything on low/of except mesh and res scale to 150%) but can't find my post so someone feel free to search through my post history :p

But anyway back on topic, can't wait for some dx 12 titles, who knows, maybe I will just forget about skylake and be able to keep this beastly i5-750 for another couple of years :D :p

EDIT:

You find 40ms frame latency ok greg... WHAT?! :eek:

Back
Top Bottom