OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Hi guys currently taking whey 30g x 3 and creatine 5g x 1 as part of my workout daily question is what other supplement s do you recommend i take and when/what quantity gonna order from mp so anything from there site i should get, was thinkin of amino acids/vitamins etc cheers and keep up the good work guys :)

Associate
danoliver1 said:
Hi guys currently taking whey 30g x 3 and creatine 5g x 1 as part of my workout daily question is what other supplement s do you recommend i take and when/what quantity gonna order from mp so anything from there site i should get, was thinkin of amino acids/vitamins etc cheers and keep up the good work guys :)

ADAMS Multi vit
250 omega 3 fish oil
A carb source if you dont have one for post workout (oats are my preferance)

Use discount code MP18875 for 5% off your first order ;)

Capodecina
Permabanned
S7yl3s said:
What's your bodyweight Wardie? Also have you posted your routine before?

Monday
Chest, shoulders, triceps

3x8 Bench press
3x8 Dumbbell flys
3x8 Incline dumbbell press
3x8 Lateral raise
3x8 Overhead press (optional, depends)

Wednesday
Back, biceps

3x6 Deadlift (Low weight at the moment being cautious about my back)
3x8 Bent over barbell row
3x8 Dumbbell row
3x10 Wide overhand pull ups
3x8 Hammer curls

2x30 Calf raises

Friday
Legs

4x8 Squats
3x8 Barbell Lunge
3x15 Leg extension
3x15 Leg curl
2x30 Calf raises

I'll get on the scales tomorrow! Cheers for the compliment :D

Last edited:
Soldato
bolger said:
ADAMS Multi vit
250 omega 3 fish oil
A carb source if you dont have one for post workout (oats are my preferance)

Use discount code MP18875 for 5% off your first order ;)

Where do you source the Adams multivits from? MP are a little pricey.

Soldato
I've done loads of reading up and research on multi-vitamins and minerals and believe me the ADAM Men's multi isn't expensive for what you get. Either get those or go for the cheapest, nastiest tablets you can find because they're all basically the same, using the same poor ingredients.

All the other good, high quality multi's cost a lot more than £11 a month. You're talking more like £30 a month.

Just dug up one of the threads I had going over on MP, there's some info in there as to the difference in various vitamin supplements
http://forum.myprotein.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7359

Last edited:
Soldato
They're seriously underdosed mate, I mean 30mg of Vitamin C??? I take 4x 500mg everyday aswell as my multi-vit and all the fruit and veg I eat in a day.

I think everything is set at 100% RDA, which just isn't enough for someone training hard and looking for optimum performance. They'll stop you getting scurvy though :p:D Poor quality ingredients too.

Soldato
Wardie said:
Only been a couple of weeks since the last one but here's another from a different angle. No more for 2.5 months or so. Just wish I wasn't so short (about 5'4). :p
As S7yl3s said don't complain about being short, I used to be jealous of the shorter guys because they'd look huge in no time at all!

Looking good, keep it up :)

Soldato
Chong Warrior said:
As S7yl3s said don't complain about being short, I used to be jealous of the shorter guys because they'd look huge in no time at all!

Key phrase there being 'used to'! Not any more big man!

Soldato
http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/topicoftheweek37.htm

This artical on post workout nutrition, is it kosha? The stuff about an "insulin spike" interests me. Ive just got back into training and want to make the most of it. Im not going to buy any "suppliments". I was thinking of maybe some 'orrible raw eggs and some of that dextrose & maldextrine after a workout.

I tried discussing it in my gym and was told just eat 50g of protein after u work out. I always eat after I workout, so Im looking to improve on that...

Soldato
megatron said:
This artical on post workout nutrition, is it kosha? The stuff about an "insulin spike" interests me.

Just about every post-workout nutrition article on the net, every pre-mixed workout shake and every PWO post on this forums recommends protein AND carbs for all the reasons outlined in the article you linked to.

My PWO shake has the following:

Unflavoured whey
Maltodextrin
Ground Oats
Glucosamine (joint supp)
Cocoa powder (anti-oxidant)
Water (NOT milk!!)

Capodecina
Permabanned
I got on the scales after swimming the other day...

Height: 5'5
Weight: 60.4KG

:o

I really need to sort my weekend diet out. If my girlfriend stays or I go out the night before it goes all silly. Impressed with the gains I see in the pictures/mirror but was suprised by my weight.

Last edited:
Associate

Before and current's, got a bit fatter than the first pic before i started hitting the gym.

Lost 2 stone of ugly fat, then put on a stone and a half bulking and currently cutting just now (86kg at 5'11 just now)

1 year next month since i started.

Last edited:
Soldato
bolger said:

Before and current's, got a bit fatter than the first pic before i started hitting the gym.

Lost 2 stone of ugly fat, then put on a stone and a half bulking and currently cutting just now (86kg at 5'11 just now)

Brilliant transformation - congrats - keep it up! :)

Soldato
bolger said:

Great work mate, I'm very impressed.

Tbh from the picture you don't look as if you really need to cut. I would concentrate on hitting the gym hard and heavy and just clean your diet up a little, I'm sure you'll notice the difference in your body you're after.

Either way, excellent work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom