OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
bolger said:

Before and current's, got a bit fatter than the first pic before i started hitting the gym.

Lost 2 stone of ugly fat, then put on a stone and a half bulking and currently cutting just now (86kg at 5'11 just now)

1 year next month since i started.

Great work.

Associate
Styles said:
Tbh from the picture you don't look as if you really need to cut. I would concentrate on hitting the gym hard and heavy and just clean your diet up a little, I'm sure you'll notice the difference in your body you're after.

Yeh i wouldn't normally cut at this point, but iv got a small bit of fat to lose to tighten up my waist, and going on holiday in 6 weeks so want to get ripped for that :p

After that ill be clean bulking, my bulks should be better now iv got my diet sorted, it wasn't up to scratch until i started cutting a few weeks ago. Learn from my mistakes though :)

Thanks for comments guys, makes it all seem that bit more worth it :cool:

Soldato
bolger said:
Yeh i wouldn't normally cut at this point, but iv got a small bit of fat to lose to tighten up my waist, and going on holiday in 6 weeks so want to get ripped for that :p

After that ill be clean bulking, my bulks should be better now iv got my diet sorted, it wasn't up to scratch until i started cutting a few weeks ago. Learn from my mistakes though :)

Thanks for comments guys, makes it all seem that bit more worth it :cool:

:p Fair play mate, what you're trying to say is you want to cut to look good for the ladies. Go for it, from the work you put in you deserve a good holiday.

Soldato
Hi guys what do you think to my new routine 3 day split pyramid system 10,8,6 reps
day 1 chest/biceps
ez curls
hammer curls
dumbell flys
dumbell press
press ups
calf raises

day 3 shoulders/triceps
tricep extensions
tricep ez curls
lateral upright row
upright row
bent over row
shrugs
shoulder press
calf raises

day 5 legs/back
deadlifts
squats
dumbell lunge
calf raises
crunches

anything ive missed, comments welcome, generally want an all over body routine. Also taking 5g of creat mono + 5g of taurine 1 hour pre wo, 30g whey at 8am, 60g pwo and 30g at bedtime does this sound right?
Been doing this routine for 4 weeks and already looking bigger and feeling stronger, people in work say i look bigger which is nice :D gone from 12 st 7 lbs to 13 st 4 lbs in the few week assume its the mono and taurine cos iam eating much healthier now.

Last edited:
Soldato
Just a suggestion dude but I would not do legs & back in the same session. Purely because they are such big muscle groups to be hitting and hitting hard you know? After a good leg work out Im knackered i could not go on and give 110% for a back work out.
How about back/bicep chest/tricep legs/shoulders

Just a suggestion though :)

Be good to add some pull ups too wide or narrow

Soldato
danoliver1 said:
day 5 legs/back
crunches
deadlifts
squats

I wouldn't recommend doing crunches first. The abs play a vital role in keeping your midsection tight during squats and deadlift. If you pre-fatigue your abs, you'll be putting your lower back at risk.

Soldato
Yes seems to work ok only problem is i dont have enough weight on my deadlifts and squats stuck at 70kg cant fit any more on my bar mixture of cast iron and plastic sand filled. All excercises are done with free weights by the way.

Last edited:
Caporegime
do you not find that your shoulders struggle to feel worked before your tris burn out?

you should really do your compound moves before your isolation. work on the biggest muscle group of the day first.
have you tried this before and found that doing isolation first works best?

Soldato
To be honest only day 1 feels like ive really worked out i get a good pump on that day, the other days are a rubbish even though i put the effort in never really get pumped enough, only just started doing compounds recently. Feel free to rejig my routine and ill give it ago any help/advice appreciated ;)

Last edited:
Caporegime
cool ;]

day 1 chest/biceps

dumbell press
incline db press
dumbell flys (only if really needed)
ez curls
hammer curls
calf raises

day 3 back/triceps

deadlifts
bent over rows / tbar rows
chins / lat pull down
skullcrushers (EZ bar)
DB overhead extensions
calf raises

day 5 legs/shoulders

squats
SLDLs
shoulder press
superset: upright row & bent over rear lateral raises
shrugs
calf raises
crunches

not a bad starting point :D

Soldato
My addition would be to alternate between close and wide grip on the pull downs / pull ups to work all aspects of your lats.

Soldato
Morba said:
cool ;]

day 1 chest/biceps

day 3 back/triceps

day 5 legs/shoulders

not a bad starting point :D

Not slating your routine, frankly becase ** a lot bigger than me:D But i've been told by many people to work out the same muscle groups everyother day. In doing so doing back-dayoff-front-dayoff-legs is a gap of 6 days, thus me and my gym buddy (its in our house) do back-front-back-front with legs added to either.
The gains are very quick by this method.

Soldato
ChroniC said:
Not slating your routine, frankly becase ** a lot bigger than me:D But i've been told by many people to work out the same muscle groups everyother day. In doing so doing back-dayoff-front-dayoff-legs is a gap of 6 days, thus me and my gym buddy (its in our house) do back-front-back-front with legs added to either.
The gains are very quick by this method.

Surely though, if you exercised the same muscles, 3 times a week, you wouldnt be allowing your muscles to recover? Muscles grow during recovery, so giving them as much recovery time as possible is important.

Caporegime
different people gain from different routines, i have in the past trained body parts twice in a week to kick it back into growth.

bodybuilding isnt about doing the same thing as someone else, or indeed doing the same thing all the time, its about listening to your body and seeing what you gain best from.

having said that, everyone needs a starting point ;]

there are some routines (mainly eastern block) that have things like heavy benching 4 times a week, which shows that growth can be had from potential overtraining.
the main thing to remember is if you feel like you are overtraining, then you probably are, if you are then your gains will not be optimal.

is your routine based around a heavy day then a light day?
eg
mon - chest - heavy
tues - back - light
weds - legs
thurs - chest - light
fri - back - heavy

i know a few people who train like this.

Soldato
sunama said:
Surely though, if you exercised the same muscles, 3 times a week, you wouldnt be allowing your muscles to recover? Muscles grow during recovery, so giving them as much recovery time as possible is important.

ive found 2 days enough to recover, and increased my weight on bench by 10kg an arm in less than 2 months. Monday to wednesday might not seems like 2 days, but if you work out at 6pm monday its 48hours till 6pm wednesday

Caporegime
ChroniC said:
ive found 2 days enough to recover, and increased my weight on bench by 10kg an arm in less than 2 months. Monday to wednesday might not seems like 2 days, but if you work out at 6pm monday its 48hours till 6pm wednesday

are you new to working out in the gym? if so, its natural to add a high percentage of weight to your lifts in the early days.

if its after a while of training, then it clearly has kicked progress up the ass!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom