OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
danoliver1 said:
Two months in and going strong iam quite happy with the overall gains. Nearly every one in work has said "you look bigger have u been workin out" :D Currently 190lbs and 5ft8.
Still doing the 3 day split that morba recommended should i re jig it or keep going with it?

good work :D

good to see the routine is working for you.
do you feel that you should replace any exercises? is there anything that you dont like doing (be it due to lack of effect or just dont like the exercise)?

changing things up now and then can be a good way to kickstart the gains again as the body gets used to things when you do them all the time.

Permabanned
Morba said:
good work :D

good to see the routine is working for you.
do you feel that you should replace any exercises? is there anything that you dont like doing (be it due to lack of effect or just dont like the exercise)?

changing things up now and then can be a good way to kickstart the gains again as the body gets used to things when you do them all the time.

See his stomach is a perfect example of how mine is sort of. I can't see that from side on but from the front that's kind of how mine is atm. Untoned and "floppy" if that's the word.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Chong Warrior said:
Hmm I was sure I'd posted about Wardie, doesn't seem to be here :confused:

Anyway, great progress there matey, lats have come on leaps and bounds, keep it up ;)

I've now stopped doing both bent over rows and one arm dumbell rows. Starting yesterday it's strictly overhand wide-grip pullups and bent over barbell rows.

Started taking creatine mono everyday and will give it a go for a few weeks.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Diet hasn't been as good over the last month or so since starting full time work so I don't think my gains have been as good. Don't look as lean anymore as a result. I'll be sorting it ;)

25th June

25thJune-1.jpg

6th August

August6th-1.jpg

Permabanned
Woah ^^^^ nice physique! How big are those bi's?

I spend all my time over at www.anabolicminds.com these days didnt expect to find any BB'ers over here.

Been training 5 months now, 6'2 210lbs

Im cutting atm, but still got a fair bit to lose

My current (crap) pics are

12nw0.jpg

mepose6mnthxu6.jpg

And no im not grumpy all the time.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
Woah ^^^^ nice physique! How big are those bi's?

Thanks dude, i'm not sure I don't have one of them flexible tape measures. My statistics wont be very good since i'm only a short lad :)

Morba said:
wardie - whatever you are doing, keep doing it. looking fantastic tbh, great work :]

Jeffstar said:
I've said it before, wardie you have good genetics for bodybuilding. Great shape and low bodyfat :cool:

How long have you been training?

Thanks, I hope I do have the genetics :D

Just starting my 7th month now.

My legs have been quite seriously compromised though due to working out at home (started going to the gym last week to do legs). There's quite an improvement that could be made to be diet so i'm probably going to take a week off soon (probably still do my legs they need it) and really see what I can do.

Permabanned
Wardie said:
My legs have been quite seriously compromised though due to working out at home (started going to the gym last week to do legs). There's quite an improvement that could be made to be diet so i'm probably going to take a week off soon (probably still do my legs they need it) and really see what I can do.

Don't forget your overall growth will be limited by your leg development. Presuming natural bodybuilding (ie no naughty injections) your body will try to keep a constant overall muscle mass with about 20% leeway for overdevelopment. Thus after a point your torso will stop growing until you grow your legs. At least from what ive seen/heard.

On the leg front just pick up a decent squat rack and some catchers, set the catchers to the very lowest you can squat and then rep just above them, thus if you fail horribly you wont kill yourself or your floor ;) thats how i squat unassisted. However as with most excercises, once you get used to them you shouldnt fail while bulking as you will feel when you reach your limit and should be stopping anyway. Having said which legs are harder to judge as there is almost always one more rep in them if you try hard enough! :)

BTW when training legs, if you dont feel sick after each set, add more weight.

Last edited:
Soldato
7 months!! Wardie that is very impressive, you've been blessed with really good genetics. What have friends and family said about your sudden 'hulk' transformation? :)

Capodecina
Permabanned
Thanks again :)

Few friends have made comments about it, especially one who's moved away but came back for a little this weekend.

My ma just takes the michael and says i'm getting a belly haha. She's only messing though, never really spoke to my pa about it even though he used to compete.

Soldato
Yeah good base to build on there Wardie. Difficult to notice any progress on those pics due to the different lighting. You commented on not being as lean yet the lighting makes your arm look more vascular ;)

Are those red marks on your outer pecs the stretch marks you were complaining of?

Has your weight increased in those 6 weeks at all?

Also I've always thought the front double biceps pose as quite a weak pose for showing the physique off. Good for biceps obviously, also serratus anterior aswell as the pec to delt tie in but no good for any big muscle groups, especially shows the chest off in a weak position. You want to show off do a back double biceps, or lat spread. If lean enough the most muscular pose is always impressive ;)

Get 'em up, that should give Jeffstar some more pics for his C:/ drive too :D

Permabanned
Great thread guy's

Thinking I might give it a go myself.

What do you recommend I start at.

I've not got to much in the way of weights, 2 x 10KG dumbells, 1 x 25 KG barbell,

I cycle to work 3 times a week (about 50 minutes in total)

Whats a good starting routing given those weights?

Cheers

Davem

Capodecina
Permabanned
Yeah I was aware the lighting was going to be different and wasn't ideal :(

The strech marks you can see just by my arm pits yeah. It's difficult to take pictures of your back and know your posing well though so that's why I haven't got any at the moment :p

I honestly haven't weighed myself since I last posted my weight, I really need to get a pair of scales at home and start doing it regularly.

I'm going to order a few more things on myprotein tonight and really revamp my diet because it's lacking in all fairness. I'll try get some pics of different poses and sort the lighting.

Posted the same on MP forums but you can notice quite clearly that i'm dominant with my right hand. If it doesn't start to catch up (the stretch marks are bigger on my left side) i'll have to think about dropping EZ barbell curls and just focus on using dumbbells specifically.

UEX

UEX

Associate
DAVEM said:
Great thread guy's

Thinking I might give it a go myself.

What do you recommend I start at.

I've not got to much in the way of weights, 2 x 10KG dumbells, 1 x 25 KG barbell,

I cycle to work 3 times a week (about 50 minutes in total)

Whats a good starting routing given those weights?

Cheers

Davem

get more weight, im too busy atm to give a full reply but someone will. Get about 100kg of iron, tri-bar, EZ bar, straight bar (solid core) and a bench. Thats a bare minimum if you want size. Trust me, if i bought that lot to start with i'd have saved a fortune, £150 from argos give or take

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom