OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
14956orig.jpg

235lbs dont bodybuild though, just OL & PL

Soldato
How did u get into olympic and power lifting? In my new gym there is strongman training equipment and Ive also seen 1 or 2 deadlifts.

Just wondered if u went into a posh gym and started doing your own thing.

Associate
nah i did assistance work with a great sports physio who had all his athletes do olympic lifts for all there strength work. i got a passion for it and switch from BBing to strength work.

the only gym i've ever been that allows OL is a local boxing gym and its a proper old school place. all the other gyms near me dont allow it.

i have a custom set up at home though.

400kgs of bumper plates, 1500lbs 190,000 psi bars, custom made power rack and bench.

attachment.php

and my pride and joy, a 600kg rated trap bar.

attachment.php

Associate
no they sting ray, the 2 pieces are for front squats. i don't use them (i use a clean grip) but they work very well. better than the manta ray IMO.

but i prefer front squats, zercher squats, over head squats to back squatting anyway.

Associate
MTA99 said:
In the pic above on the floor I see a manta but what are the two smaller widgets next to it for? Bar support for seated calf raises?
I asked in the injury thread but didn't get a response, but how many of you folks have tried the manta? Physio suggested that it might help prevent aggrevating my shoulder when I squat by spreading the weight a bit better.

Any thoughts?

Permabanned
Few guestions for Tetsuo (cool name btw)

1 That trap bar thing, do you stand in the middle and shrug? If so thats awesome and where can i get one!

2 that bench and power rack assembley? is it a certain bench with a power rack or is it totally custom or what? looks great!

3 Front squats, ive seen them, ive heard of their benefits, yet for some reason any significant weight i find impossible to support on by chest, too much of it seems to press on my hands and forces my wrists right back into an uncomfortable position. I've prolly just got too small a chest maybe but perhaps you could elaborate on form for me.

Cheers matey.

Associate
Ultra_Extreme said:
Few guestions for Tetsuo (cool name btw)

1 That trap bar thing, do you stand in the middle and shrug? If so thats awesome and where can i get one!

2 that bench and power rack assembley? is it a certain bench with a power rack or is it totally custom or what? looks great!

3 Front squats, ive seen them, ive heard of their benefits, yet for some reason any significant weight i find impossible to support on by chest, too much of it seems to press on my hands and forces my wrists right back into an uncomfortable position. I've prolly just got too small a chest maybe but perhaps you could elaborate on form for me.

Cheers matey.

they are actually for deadlifts, they take the lower back out of the movement and are more of a squat.

http://www.gymequipment.uk.com/store/item/15at0/Special_Bars/Heavy_Duty_Olympic_Shrug_Bar.html

awesome exercise!!

custom bench and rack from the same company, designed with my hole spacings and heights.

there's 2 grips for front squat, clean and cross arm. I've got to go to bed now but i'll post up in the morning :)

Soldato
dafloppyone said:
I cant swallow very well lol
If I couldn't swallow them I wouldn't take them, simple as that. There's no way I'd bite into one! :eek: I don't care how good they are for you. Mackerel is an awesome source of Omega-3, try eating plenty of that instead.... tastes a hell of a lot nicer too ;)

Soldato
oddjob62 said:
I do cleans as part of my routine... wouldn't dream of doing the cross arm method.
I have a condition called Cubital Tunnel Syndrome that just makes that grip impossible for front squats as the pain is unbearable :(

I agree the cross arm method is inferior, especially when the weight gets heavier, it's very tough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom