OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
and my pride and joy, a 600kg rated trap bar.

attachment.php
[/QUOTE]
You have some nice equipment there, i always thought the shrug bars were a great design but i don't think i could get into it comfortably :( so i just stick with my 7' Olympic Bar 700Kg Rated. Not that ill ever be able to shrug the full potential of that bar lol, i can shrug at the 300 plus mark with the assistance of a pair of spotter catchers and straps.

Permabanned
I find Shrugging really awkward, ive tried dumbbells, barbells front, behind whatever. Something always gets in the way, annoys the hell outta me.

Whats the fave method for you guys?

How do you all rate upright rows for trap work?

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:
I find Shrugging really awkward, ive tried dumbbells, barbells front, behind whatever. Something always gets in the way, annoys the hell outta me.

If my gym had a trap bar I'd use that but it doesn't so it's DB's. I don't like using a barbell. I posted a great article by Paul Chek on Shrugs and posted it on MP, well worth a read :)
Shrug Science

Upright Rows I class as a delt builder and a very good one at that, though some people can't and shouldn't do this exercise due to shoulder impingement. Even the ones who can should be very wary. I never lift the bar higher than my nipples and I don't use a weight so heavy I can't hit at least 8 reps.

They do hit the traps a little but I don't understand why some class them as a trap builder, they hits the delts far harder.

Last edited:
Associate
Ultra_Extreme said:

shrug bar :D

Associate
Chong Warrior said:
If my gym had a trap bar I'd use that but it doesn't so it's DB's. I don't like using a barbell. I posted a great article by Paul Chek on Shrugs and posted it on MP, well worth a read :)
Shrug Science

Upright Rows I class as a delt builder and a very good one at that, though some people can't and shouldn't do this exercise due to shoulder impingement. Even the ones who can should be very wary. I never lift the bar higher than my nipples and I don't use a weight so heavy I can't hit at least 8 reps.

They do hit the traps a little but I don't understand why some class them as a trap builder, they hits the delts far harder.

that is a great article from the chek. also read back strong and beltless another great read from paul.

Soldato
Ultra_Extreme said:

Olympic bar every time for me!

Soldato
tetsuo said:
that is a great article from the chek. also read back strong and beltless another great read from paul.
Yeah that's another one of his better ones. I very rarely use a belt, though I have done when pushing the limit on squats and I'm fatigued just for a little insurance, more of a mental thing than anything.

Belts must be the most abused piece of equipement in the gym? I see people wearing them for bench press, etc!

Associate
i pull my 600lbs singles belt-less. but I'm not totally anti belt. your right though most people over use them and knee wraps i.e pros i.e the people with terrible backs and knee joints.

Permabanned
oddjob62 said:
Strangest i've seen is someone using straps to do Incline bench on the smiths machine :confused: :confused:

lol, working out at home you miss these wonderful sights. Then again i saw 2 kids (16-20) at the gym i do cardio at, they were doing DB bench with 15Kgs, ok no shame in lifiting light you say? well they had their tops off and were taking pics...

Oh and thanks for the responses on shrugs :D

On the upright row front, everything ive seen says pull to the chin, making it bi-delt-trap. If you're only pulling to the nipples then of course theres no trap work being done.

Last edited:
Soldato
Wardie said:
Good work ethos!

How old are you? Height? Weight?

Thanks mate, just turned 23. 5'11 and around 14.5 stone I think at the moment (not monitoring it that much). Had a cut about 3 months ago and dropped 26lbs ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom