OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Shicky said:
Whats your intake at the mo? Or what u were aiming for before your routine got messed up by the new job?

Great work by the way, you can really see your abs coming through in the last pic compared with others. Most be obliterating your bodyfat

whats body fat :) seriously, thats just toning or more muscle.

At the moment.
standard cereal and maybe toast
sandwich, ham maybe
crisps
shake, creatine.
beer
pasta tuna veg
more snacks
beer
burger

im a student, i cannot keep up the bodybuilding life style, although i know i should be eating a hell of a lot more, but i do find eating a lot difficult, appetite isnt amazing, i might start eating suet :)

I have tried this to no avail

cereal, + 2 ham toasty
snadwich + crisps + apple
2 tuna jackets
ham sandwich
large chicken/meat pasta veg
shake
cereal

i cannot afford this route :D it didnt do anything anyway, so a waste of money, and i dont feel my body can accept anymore, is there an appetite accelerator supplement. I know i just need bigger portions, not more portions but feel sick. Can i change that?
I need an easier cheaper fat fix. I actually envy people who say they only have to look at food to put on weight. Breaking the skinny barier was very hard.

Last edited:
Capodecina
Permabanned
Your metabolism will change the more frequently you eat. You need to consistently eat every 3 hours or so, it might be hard at first and you might not actually be hungry, but very quickly you will notice you are hungry far more often (your metabolism speeding up).

There's a few reasons you might not of noticed your diet doing anything.

1) You simply weren't eating enough. How much you need to eat depends entirely on how much you weigh, your muscle percentage, bodyfat percentage, activity level.

2) You didn't stick to it for long enough. Again i'll use the word consistently, but with increased importance. You must eat more calories than you need consistently.

Soldato
You can eat quite cheaply! For a start your having cereals for brekfast and still snacking on crisps!

Porridge for brekfast, some eggs and a peice of fruit.

Porridge is <£1 for a bag and will last you over a week, £1 for 15 eggs from asda.

Eat cans of tuna, they are what 27p can stock up on this and eat that with a wrap and maybe some coleslaw.

Snack on mixed nuts/seeds, again less than a £1 from asda and around 100gs a day would be alright.

You feel sick because you aint eating right foods just doubling up on crap, two ham toasties for brekfast :eek:

** edit **

Also a massive bag of rice from ASDA around 4kgs is a few quid and lasts ages! Eat around 80gs of that to a serving very cheap and effective.

The only time diet gets expensive is when you start eating large amounts of steak/chicken.

Associate
must say i agree with r5rich here. Your eating is complete pants, i realise its on the student lifestyle, i've got that ahead of me starting september while living with 3 mates but i know how to control it all. In terms of your diet sort out some numbers. Find out what you maintenance is then add 500calories to that as a starting point then get whatever your protein needs are and make up the rest of your diet mainly of carbs or fat and get enough of the other. U'd probably need at least 3000cals on workout days and stop being a pussy and get it down ** neck! (Not beer/crisps/ratburgers)

Soldato
SK07 said:
In what way do you mean react badly to Whey chong?
UEX brought that up for some reason, not me. I think he meant there's some small chance you could be allergic to it? Or if you're lactose intolerant? I don't know. I think there's VERY little chance of you reacting badly to whey, especially bulk unflavoured stuff.
R5Rich said:
You can eat quite cheaply! ....
Good post! :)

Chronic you can't cry poverty then list a diet full of crisps, snacks, ham and beer! :p

Capodecina
Permabanned
Finally got the mother to pick up some scales. Making a real effort with my diet and so on for this next cycle so i'm going to really take note. I haven't got a clue what my current weight is and it's definately going to help being able to weigh myself regularly.

Picked up some precision weight watchers digital scales, not sure what the accuracy will be like but i'm not too fussed.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Chong Warrior said:
I'd imagine they'd be pretty good mate. You should see the state of mine, my weight changes depending on the weather lol :D

Haha :D

Yeah they should be all right. Once I weight myself i'm going to come up with a proper diet assessment for this next cycle and i'll probably post asking for advice.

General bulking diets are way off for me due to my weight (i'm only short remember) and consist of far too many calories.

Expect a post when I get home, wouldn't mind you checking if for me later/tomorrow if you can dude. Same with everyone else :D

Permabanned
Out of interest since you say you should eat every 2-3 hours. Would it work if every 2-3 hours you eat some fruit? or does it have to actually be a small meal?

Also if you want to speed up your metabolism I know you can't do this whilst your sleeping but how does your body make up for that? since your missing out about 8 hours of not eating?

Soldato
SK07 said:
Out of interest since you say you should eat every 2-3 hours. Would it work if every 2-3 hours you eat some fruit? or does it have to actually be a small meal?
Fruit is ok and anything is better than nothing as nothing leads to catabolism and muscle loss. Depends on your goals really. If wanting to build muscle then ideally you want to be eating something high in protein.
SK07 said:
Also if you want to speed up your metabolism I know you can't do this whilst your sleeping but how does your body make up for that? since your missing out about 8 hours of not eating?
This why bodybuilders eat a slow releasing protein source (casein) before bed. Not so much for metabolism but helps keep you out of catabolism as amino acids are released through the night.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Boscher said:
hey Chong, How does masturbation effect bulking ?

I was just wondering whether it's detrimental due to losing proteins and also how it would effect testostrome levels in the body?

*Should this post be deemed offensive you can delete it :p

Chong Warrior said:
Not sure.... ask Jeffstar :D
Admit it, you fancy me don't you? Its probably all that Spanish Fly and other poison you keep taking :D

Quack off :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Awesome thread!

I never thought I'd be posting images of my body on the internet, but I suppose it would be nice to get a little feedback.

I wouldn't class myself as a body builder; my objective is to achieve and maintain a decent, not too bulky figure. This is the type of figure I aim towards.

So far, I think my progress has been okay, considering I've never used a gym, or weights.
I was made redundant the other week so my plans to join my local gym, and purchase some home equipment got put on hold. Now, I've got a new job, so I should get the ball rolling again soon.

Here's my progress so far:
DSCF1313.jpg

DSCF1314.jpg

DSCF1317.jpg

Pretty embarrassing amoungst all these body builders, but everyone's got to start somewhere! :p

The thing that concerns me most, is that my shoulders seem(in my opinion) to be larger than everything else, they seem to be huge, compaired to the rest of me. Any tips? Or perhaps, this is just normal?

Apologies for the bad image quality!

Associate
OP
shifty_uk said:
Awesome thread!

I never thought I'd be posting images of my body on the internet, but I suppose it would be nice to get a little feedback.
You have a decent base to build on there mate, and at least you don't have to worry about any fat loss.

shifty_uk said:
I wouldn't class myself as a body builder; my objective is to achieve and maintain a decent, not too bulky figure. This is the type of figure I aim towards.
You say you don't want to be too big or bulky but its still best to train and eat like a bodybuilder, its the fastest way to achieve your goals. The sticky has all the advice you need. Its well written and GordyR doesn't over-complicate things.
shifty_uk said:
The thing that concerns me most, is that my shoulders seem(in my opinion) to be larger than everything else, they seem to be huge, compaired to the rest of me. Any tips? Or perhaps, this is just normal?

Shoulders can never be too big imo, i'd say you're lucky, now go make 'em even bigger :)

Soldato
If you've not used a gym why do you call it 'progress', when it's not really a result of any direct weight lifting?

Have you been doing bodyweight exercises like pressups, chinups, etc?

Associate
shifty_uk said:
Awesome thread!

So far, I think my progress has been okay, considering I've never used a gym, or weights.
I was made redundant the other week so my plans to join my local gym, and purchase some home equipment got put on hold. Now, I've got a new job, so I should get the ball rolling again soon.

Here's my progress so far:

Pretty embarrassing amoungst all these body builders, but everyone's got to start somewhere! :p

Apologies for the bad image quality!

lol your in the same boat as I am, although to be fair I tend to do and excessive amount of presses and cleans

Permabanned
This is a long shot but is it even possible if I have a good weights routine for the whole body 4 days a week, say if I did that but no cardio, would I still burn body fat? would it be worth it? or should I still keep some cardio in as well?

Permabanned
Wardie said:
Cardio is not essential to fat loss. You'll lose fat by eating less calories then you use (well, that's the basics of it).

Cardio however is a good way to lose fat, especially HIIT.

Yeah but would HIIT burn into muscle eventually? or over train even?

I do eat less calories but then I'll complete contradict myself as I suppose I need to eat more in order to keep the muscles in order, a lot of protein etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom