OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Capodecina
Permabanned
SK07 said:
Yeah but would HIIT burn into muscle eventually? or over train even?

I do eat less calories but then I'll complete contradict myself as I suppose I need to eat more in order to keep the muscles in order, a lot of protein etc.

It is very, very difficult to do both at the same time. You are inevitably going to lose some muscle mass, the point is to try preserve as much as possible and promote fat burning. This can be done in a number of ways...

A ketogenic diet (low carbs, high fat, medium protein).

Activities such as HIIT. Or Steady state cardio on an empty stomach in the morning. (Feel free to take some amino acids though).

You should increase your protein intake and lower your carb intake basically. If you continue to eat more calories than you use, you're fact isn't going anywhere.

Capodecina
Permabanned
SK07 said:
^So what would be a rec calorie intake for a day?

That depends entirely on how much you weigh, your bodyfat levels, your activity and so on...

Just try reducing your intake at the moment by about 500kcal. Weight yourself at the same time every week and see if you're going in the right direction.

Permabanned
Wardie said:
That depends entirely on how much you weigh, your bodyfat levels, your activity and so on...

Just try reducing your intake at the moment by about 500kcal. Weight yourself at the same time every week and see if you're going in the right direction.

Problem is that if im gaining muscle from the weights then would my weight even change that much?

Permabanned
Wardie said:
You'll only gain muscle and lose fat during the first few months of training.

man does anyone listen at all, you can gain muscle and lose fat, its just harder and slower on both fronts and completely depends on overall BF. Looking at you then yes you're right i doubt you could do both, you have too little BF and quite a lot of muscle, but more average peeps can do both. Its also possible to gain muscle and not fat, its all about the right anabolics.

Speaking of which, anyone here ever tried the Alri Evo stack? Consists of Jungle Warfare, Bad Ass Mass, Pro Anabol and Restore. Looks the dogs and there are logs galore about its benefits. General gains are huge with few sides. Im a fan of Alri as their Venom weight loss stack has completely changed my physique in 60 ish days

Permabanned
Wardie said:

Might be worth noting that earlier he said that he was only eating like 1500 cals per day.

Capodecina
Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
man does anyone listen at all, you can gain muscle and lose fat, its just harder and slower on both fronts and completely depends on overall BF. Looking at you then yes you're right i doubt you could do both, you have too little BF and quite a lot of muscle, but more average peeps can do both. Its also possible to gain muscle and not fat, its all about the right anabolics.

Speaking of which, anyone here ever tried the Alri Evo stack? Consists of Jungle Warfare, Bad Ass Mass, Pro Anabol and Restore. Looks the dogs and there are logs galore about its benefits. General gains are huge with few sides. Im a fan of Alri as their Venom weight loss stack has completely changed my physique in 60 ish days

If you read a few posts earlier you'll realise i've said it is possible, but not for most.

And i'll go out on a limb and say it's still VERY unlikely that anyone will not be putting on any fat at all. They will be, it'll just be minimal.

Permabanned
Wardie said:
If you read a few posts earlier you'll realise i've said it is possible, but not for most.

And i'll go out on a limb and say it's still VERY unlikely that anyone will not be putting on any fat at all. They will be, it'll just be minimal.

yeah sorry man, i read the thread backward, hence the three consecutive posts, didnt see the original stuff. Seems this SK07 guy is going round in circles a bit, my advice?

Too many people who weight train spend too long building their workout playlist, asking repeatedly for some magical secret shortcut or measuring out that little bit more creatine into their shake.

Eat right, lift right, focus and stick with it. Thats how you succeed.

Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
yeah sorry man, i read the thread backward, hence the three consecutive posts, didnt see the original stuff. Seems this SK07 guy is going round in circles a bit, my advice?

Too many people who weight train spend too long building their workout playlist, asking repeatedly for some magical secret shortcut or measuring out that little bit more creatine into their shake.

Eat right, lift right, focus and stick with it. Thats how you succeed.

Nah that a few posts up was just a quick question nothing specific I was just wondering that was all.

I do want to eventually mass but with some excess body fat especially in the lower ab area there wouldn't be much point in massing whilst that is still there? it would be a hinderence, no?

Im just having a rough time trying to get my lower stomach to go flat, retract, slim etc etc. I don't know how long it will take and I really don't know what im doing. I am eating very healthly but I know it takes time I just don't know how long really? I got a smoothie maker, so im putting in lots of fruit some honey and penut butter which is ok yeah? I am weight training and I want to continue that to build muscle.

But tell me if any of you guys had any extra body fat you wanted down or rid of, the experts here are already focusing completely on muscle size, body building in general rather than any cutting yeah?

For reference, say you had some extra fat you wanted rid of, but you still want to body build, how would you get round this?

I know my posts may seem vague or stupid but im trying.

Permabanned
Chong Warrior said:
MP5500 is the best one ;)

Points are yours m8.

SK07, just keep training, keep protein up, reps between 8 and 10 cals under 3000. By your body size within 3-6 months you'll be bigger, have very low BF and a great shape.

If you just want to knock the BF on the head quickly, do 2 hours cardio per day with a few sets of whatever weights you fancy and cut cals down to about 2000pd (est) that'll have you looking lean in about 60-90 days. Try some supps like the Alri Venom Tri-Lean system, or for a cheap alternative chuck some sesamin and green tea extract into your diet.

Soldato
SK07 said:
But tell me if any of you guys had any extra body fat you wanted down or rid of, the experts here are already focusing completely on muscle size, body building in general rather than any cutting yeah?

For reference, say you had some extra fat you wanted rid of, but you still want to body build, how would you get round this?

I know my posts may seem vague or stupid but im trying.

*Personally* all i do is drop the amount of carbs i eat and therefore the total number of calories each day. I try to keep protein and fats more or less the same and add a little more fibre (ie. veg) to keep hunger locked up till lunch ;)

During that time i don't expect to gain any muscle and generally my lifts are constant (might even fail earlier so total reps decrease for same weight). Unless i cut the carbs too much i can hold onto most of the muscle although any loss is disguised by the increase in definition.

Permabanned
Ultra_Extreme said:
Points are yours m8.

SK07, just keep training, keep protein up, reps between 8 and 10 cals under 3000. By your body size within 3-6 months you'll be bigger, have very low BF and a great shape.

If you just want to knock the BF on the head quickly, do 2 hours cardio per day with a few sets of whatever weights you fancy and cut cals down to about 2000pd (est) that'll have you looking lean in about 60-90 days. Try some supps like the Alri Venom Tri-Lean system, or for a cheap alternative chuck some sesamin and green tea extract into your diet.

Hmm, well in a month of my current program I have noticed increase of muscle mass, most see-able on the very upper body, shoulders, delts, around the armpit area and the biceps, also in the arms.

But I'll keep it up and see how it goes, I'll post something further down that im going to suggest but I'll keep it seperate from here to prevent confusation.

I do want the Body fat to drop, 2 hours of cardio including my weight program would be quite a lot, possibly over-training. So I might leave that out. If I get my diet 100% then it should hopefully just start dropping from there. I find cardio boring but I'll still do it.

Thing is I understand what your saying about dropping the cals, but what food do you specifically rec that I have for this and what food do I avoid (I don't mean chocolate etc, things that have excess carbs etc).

Now this is my ultimate question, since you say that in 3-6 months my body fat will be low which I do hope, are you saying if I keep doing what im doing with the weights and 20 mins cardio at the end I will acheive what you say?

Also im not gonna go back into what I have previously as I seemed to have caused confusion and what not. But for my diet based on me 6'3, about 16stone, 24% body fat, even though I am trying to lose the body fat but eventually get even bigger which I can think about later but once I get a solid base first. So should I take whey? I see the other supps you have posted, I'll have to look them up but I don't really have a clue about supps.

I can make shakes fine, but can you give any good shakes to make, some without supps?

Cheers.

Permabanned
Okay as above here is what I was going to do.

My current program is heavy lifting, the weights are going up as I am getting stronger and improving. Now I have nearly been doing this for about 6 Weeks. Should I change?

I was going to use the same program but lower the weight, for example I do 85KG on the bench, if I cut this down to 40KG and just max the reps? to help strengthen the muscle, improve endurance, power etc? I don't know what way to go about it, so im going to post up my current routine:

Tuesday - Chest + Biceps (All 6-10 Rep Max)

Bench Press - 85KG - 3x10
Incline DB flys - 18KG - 3x10
Wide Grip Dips - 0KG - 3x10
Barbell Curl - 40KG - 3x10
Bicep Pullups - 15KG - 3x10
DB Hammer Curls - 16KG - 3x10 (3 sets each arm)

Thursday - Shoulders + Abs (All 6-10 Rep Max)

DB Shoulder Press - 24KG - 3x10
DB Lateral Raise - 10KG - 3x10
Rear Delt Crossover - 40 - 3x10
Front Plate Raise - 15GKG - 7/7/7
Med Ball Crunch - 3 sets
WoodChopper - 47.5KG - 3x10
Leg Raises - 3 sets

Saturday - Back + Triceps (All 6-10 Rep Max)

Assisted Chins - 25KG - 3x10
Deadlifts - 70KG - 3x10
DB Row - 35KG - 3x10 (3 sets each arm)
Tricep Press - 70 - (3 sets)
Dips - 3 sets
Tricep Kickbacks - 14KG - 3x10

Sunday - Legs and ABS - All 8-15 Rep Max, Except Toe Press 15-20 Rep Max

Squats - 110KG - 3x10
Lunges - 3x10 (3 sets each leg)
Leg Curl - 84KG - 3x10
Toe Press - 142KG - 3x10

Soldato
For someone who has only been training for a couple of months, those are very impressive weights that you are lifting. I guess you must be naturally strong. Just make sure that you get your form right.

Permabanned
sunama said:
For someone who has only been training for a couple of months, those are very impressive weights that you are lifting. I guess you must be naturally strong. Just make sure that you get your form right.

Cheers. Well form is perfect on all I reckon. Deadlifts is on 70KG because I don't really want to put it to a lot heavier, I could do over 100KG but then again my form is right but im kind of paranoid incase I do in my back or something.

Everythings in order on there. Hammer curls are last. Can lift more but left it on 16KG DB's due to the fact that it's my last exercise in weights of that day and my muscles are a lot more tired out. Wide grip dips I do on the machine just without the seat. Bicep Pullups I can do without the seat but I can't do enough reps to suit. Same for assisted chins but it's coming along nicely, I went from 30KG on Wide Grip Dips to 0 so it's working.

I'd say I am naturally strong, im big built at 6'3 and 16st, which helps. A lot of people who weight train may have a problem with being to skinny or not enough lean muscle, my only real thing that I want to drop is some body fat. Aside that fact my current program has brought me on a lot in terms of strength, endurance, and tone.

Also I've only really been weight training for a month, before that I was just doing cardio only.

Soldato
Id suggest doing dips before triceps and possibly before benchpress (but some may have issues with their bench numbers not being as good as poss). Reason is its a compound movement and I believe compound should be done first then isolation (like triceps). With dips u are lifting your own bodyweight which is greater than your bench so, whichever is the most taxing Id do first.

U beat my bench ( I suck at it, and avoided it for a long time due to shoulder problems), but I squat more. I dont know if I have disproportionally stronger legs than the rest of me, maybe.

I did some deadlifts this week, never really worked them into my rountine before. I use an opposite grip (palms facing in opposite directions), then drag the bar close to the leg (touching really). I think the time u got to be weary is if ** fatigued or the weight is difficult, that u keep abs flexed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom