OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Fat promotes fat storage?

yeah sadly, adipose tissue (fat tissue) promotes estrogen production, lowering testosterone and encouraging fat storage.

Simply put...and i mean SIMPLY.

high testosterone low estrogen = trim + muscular
high estrogen + low testosterone = fat + weak

That balance is completley reversible (meaning you can read it backward and its still true)

Essentially the more muscle you have the more testosterone you have thus the less estrogen and thus less fat you have.

The more fat you have, the more estrogen you have and thus the more fat you retain and less muscle you grow

Its a vicious circle, and its much easier to retain a high fat-muscle ratio than a high muscle-fat ratio, so most people are fat, simple as

Permabanned
Just thought of another example of the above, look back at the latest pics posted by freefaller (PS FF im not undermining your dieting here).

FF has a VERY alpha male physique, mesomorphic shape, uber hairy (indicitave of naturally high testosterone) thus he retains a lot of muscle and little fat (although without doubt has to work on the diet like anyone).

Then take me on the other hand, bald as a plucked chicken chest and back, i carry all my fat on my hips and stomach, like a girl, indicative of dominant estrogen levels.

Obviously both me and FF are redressing the balance, but his genetics mean he is predisposed to a trim muscular physique whereas my genetics predispose me to being a fat git. Regaurdless of which type of physique you have, you need to get your hormones in check to keep your body in shape. But especially so if you think you might be more estrogenous

Associate
Thanks, very informative - gives me more inspiration to shift more of the fat :D

Whilst we're talking about testosterone levels - has anyone noticed differences in muscle building/lifting strength etc. depending on when/how often you masturbate/have sex ? (tried to make that sound the least crude I could :o)

Soldato
Surely, regular sex/maturbation/ejaculation shouldnt effect testosterone levels?

Of course, if you are really really really unfit, then having sex could take it out of you enough to adversely effect your performance in the gym. For that to happen though, you really have to be unfit.

Jim

Jim

Associate
northampton then left then right 2nd on the middle
Thanks, very informative - gives me more inspiration to shift more of the fat :D

Whilst we're talking about testosterone levels - has anyone noticed differences in muscle building/lifting strength etc. depending on when/how often you masturbate/have sex ? (tried to make that sound the least crude I could :o)

Well if it helps, i'm will to do it more :D But on a serious note i think it proberly does :confused:

Associate
Well if it helps, i'm will to do it more :D But on a serious note i think it proberly does :confused:

OK... well the less I... you know... the more hornier I get :)p) which in turn makes me more inclined to be able to drag myself out of bed in the morning and do HIIT before work, or to actually go to the gym and bust my guts out etc.

Soldato
Then take me on the other hand, bald as a plucked chicken chest and back, i carry all my fat on my hips and stomach, like a girl, indicative of dominant estrogen levels.
Grapeseed Extract can be helpful, well worth looking into. It has a list of possible benefits as long as my arm but one is it's anti-estrogenic. I rate this supplement highly ;)

Here's a good site that has loads of info on many supp's http://www.zhion.com/cancer/Grape_Seed_E.html

Permabanned
Grapeseed Extract can be helpful, well worth looking into. It has a list of possible benefits as long as my arm but one is it's anti-estrogenic. I rate this supplement highly ;)

Here's a good site that has loads of info on many supp's http://www.zhion.com/cancer/Grape_Seed_E.html

cheers, will investigate.

On the sex front mentioned, afaik sexual activity, real or...simulated, should increase test levels. Conversley increased test levels will lead to, or make you need increased levels of sexual activity

EDIT Ordered some 100mg grapeseed extract, no idea whether it'll show amongst my plethora of pills, i think im up to 20+ a day now. But worth a crack :D

Last edited:
Caporegime
Just up the calories reasonably. Bulking doesn't have to mean you gain loads of fat, eat sensibly.

Ok...so how would this sound for a typical daily diet...

8am protein 2 scoops plus 1/2 pint semi-skimmed milk + 1 scoop oats
10.30 apple or 1/2 tin mackarel
13.00 1 tuna sandwich, Hovis best of both, low fat mayonnaise
15.30 banana or 1/2 cup pasta
17.00 workout
18.00 protein shake in 1/2 pint water
19.00 meal - 1 chicken breast, 1tbsp olive oil, 1/2 cup pasta, tomato sauce
21.00 protein shake + 1/2 pint milk

^^ is that a cutting diet or a bulking diet? Need more calories?

Soldato
When we say increase calories we're talking near on double a usual day intake. Six meals a day of all decent carbs and lots of protein. 3 protein shakes a day won't do nearly as much benefit as a couple of chicken breasts and a tin of tuna (but keep drinking the shake also). This is my diet today, and this wasn't enough really:

Breakfast: 2scoops of porridge oats, two slices of toast with 3 poached eggs. 1 pint of milk.
Brunch: 2 turkey wholemeal baguettes with salad
Lunch: Jacket potato with 1 tin of tuna. Seafood salad with crab meat, salmon and prawns.
Dinner: 2 Fillet steaks, small bowl of boiled potato's, large serving of mixed veg, 2 slices of wholemeal bread. Bowl of fruit salad for pud. Pint of milk.
Post workout shake.
Supper: 1 large bowl of pasta pesto mixed with one tin tuna. 1 beer (treat :) )

Soldato
After a year of owning weights and a few false starts, I've decided to make a proper go of this. Used to play rugby as a 14 (so was never huge, but muscley) but a stomach problem stopped that, and a long nill by mouth saw me drop the weight :(

So I know where I was, and where I want to be back to! Im following the Strong Lifts program as it seems to take me the way I want to go, and heres some public reference pics for myself. Ive kept a bit of my shape which im thankfull for but im still really skinny!

Image060.jpg

Image057.jpg

Image058.jpg

Not the best posing photos here but balancing on the bed and taking a clear shot wasnt so easy!
Update in 3 months I guess!

Soldato
After a year of owning weights and a few false starts, I've decided to make a proper go of this. Used to play rugby as a 14 (so was never huge, but muscley) but a stomach problem stopped that, and a long nill by mouth saw me drop the weight :(

So I know where I was, and where I want to be back to! Im following the Strong Lifts program as it seems to take me the way I want to go, and heres some public reference pics for myself. Ive kept a bit of my shape which im thankfull for but im still really skinny!

Image060.jpg

Image057.jpg

Image058.jpg

Not the best posing photos here but balancing on the bed and taking a clear shot wasnt so easy!
Update in 3 months I guess!

What is this? A myprotein advert? I dont care about your abs show us your legs.

Soldato
LOL.

I never noticed the myprotein shaker in his hand. Was this for added effect?

BCJames make sure you eat well. At 20, you have no more excuses for being thin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom