OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I'm just under 6'1" as I said, and just over 15st, and according to you guys I look like a "beast" lol! :p

Ok....should have referred to you like KillaKen did - Gorilla :p

often listen to them complain about how small they are, (6'8 340lb guys)
You should just agree with them and say 'yeah bit*h, come on man up and start lifting some proper weights ya big girl!!' :cool:

4p

4p

Soldato
Just started gym and on the protein shakes

So this would be a 'before' picture

6723_yeaaa.jpg

11 stone

mmm skinny

edit: not sure why i took my face off :/ posted pics before :D

Soldato
How old are you Thorpy?

You are very thin, so make sure that apart from the protein shakes, you eat lots of solid food, especially if you are taking up weight training.

4p

4p

Soldato
How old are you Thorpy?

You are very thin, so make sure that apart from the protein shakes, you eat lots of solid food, especially if you are taking up weight training.

Im 18 :D

Too thin :)

Since like 16 i havn't stopped eating food, not just junk but proper food - 3-4 meals a day but i just dont gain an inch of weight. I just grow height wise :)

Fast metabolism ?

edit: im 6 foot 1 btw

Soldato
Just started gym and on the protein shakes

So this would be a 'before' picture

11 stone

mmm skinny

edit: not sure why i took my face off :/ posted pics before :D

yep you look exactly the same as I did before I started here

Best thing to do is eat and eat and eat, as well as train of course. But read this thread and GordyR's sticky, can't emphasise enough, if you don't eat like a pig you're just going to lose fat, which you can't really do anyway!

Last edited:
Soldato
Since like 16 i havn't stopped eating food, not just junk but proper food - 3-4 meals a day but i just dont gain an inch of weight. I just grow height wise :)

The answer is not a fast metabolism it's that you don't eat enough.

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/76320110 <<<Man bowl!!

Fill that with meat, carbs and veg 4-5 times a day then come back and tell me you don't put on weight! :)

4p

4p

Soldato
I dunno, ill run you through an average day...

Full english breakfast:

2 bacon
2 sausage
2 toast
beans
eggs
hash browns

Sandwich @ around 11

subway foot long @ around 1

Then for tea its normally stuff like:

Potatoes
Carrots
Peas
Pork/Lamb/Steak/chicken
Broccoli
Cabbage
Sprouts

Pasta
Rice
Curry

Then supper lol

I'll eat till im sick then? :D

And protein shakes daily

Last edited:
Soldato
Quoted for truth!

"Fast metabolism" has to be one of the most overused terms by young teenage lads... and anyone else that's a skinny mofo... EAT!! :D:D

Both me and CP were skinny mofos, i was 60-62kgs @ 6ft, CP about 68-70kgs @ 6ft 3.

I posted the link to the Ikea bowl because it was using a bowl like that that I changed my perception of portion size. Yes its a crude way of getting the calories in but I think as a high metabolism/hard gainer/skinny mofo you need that wake up call that you can eat more. Having it there in front of you and the determination to eat it ALL is important. It only takes a couple of months to get to a point where your body will crave that extra food - just remember kids, keep it clean!! :D

4p

4p

Soldato
Since i've started gym i've been REALLY hungry and nothing really fills me up so i guess i'll just have to eat more :)

I try to go gym every other day as i understand rest is key to muscle growth.

Soldato
Just try and eat plenty and eat often i.e. every couple hours at least. If you dont your body goes into catabolic state and starts losing muscle and producing fat. I could sit and talk more about all this but I have to go out. Have a good read of this thread and Gordy R's sticky, all the info you need for starting out is there. :)

Soldato
Since i've started gym i've been REALLY hungry and nothing really fills me up so i guess i'll just have to eat more :)

Bingo! And if you honestly can't eat more in a single sitting (which is unlikely), eat more often.

Look around at the people in the gym, notice who trains hard, who's just going through the motions. In 3 months time take note again. The people that trained hard but didn't get anywhere are the ones with the crap diet, the others that don't train hard...well there's no hope for them ;) The guys (and girls) who make progress are the ones who nail the training AND diet.

The hours in the gym mean nothing if you're not putting in the hours in the kitchen™ or getting someone else to do it for you! ;)

4p

4p

Soldato
Bingo! And if you honestly can't eat more in a single sitting (which is unlikely), eat more often.

Look around at the people in the gym, notice who trains hard, who's just going through the motions. In 3 months time take note again. The people that trained hard but didn't get anywhere are the ones with the crap diet, the others that don't train hard...well there's no hope for them ;) The guys (and girls) who make progress are the ones who nail the training AND diet.

The hours in the gym mean nothing if you're not putting in the hours in the kitchen™ or getting someone else to do it for you! ;)

Appreciate the replies MTA :)

Cheers.

edit: Aaaand you Captain Planet :D

Soldato
Look around at the people in the gym, notice who trains hard, who's just going through the motions. In 3 months time take note again. The people that trained hard but didn't get anywhere are the ones with the crap diet, ...

I disagree with that.

Take me for instance, I have no intention of becoming "big". Ideally my aim is to be lean and muscular. I like clothes to look nice on me when I wear them. There are a lot of people who fall into this category.

Seldom do I see people training harder than me. I pretty much always beat them for effort. Also, when doing my cardio, for instance, I train with a higher intensity (I max out the treadmill speed with a 3.5 gradient and when spinning no one comes close to my intensity or duration) than pretty much anyone else I have seen in there. As a result of my recent cutting phase, I am becoming a lot more leaner and have also lost muscle in the process, which has resulted in some strength loss.

To the untrained eye, you would think I have taken a step backwards, but when you consider the amount of high intensity cardiovascular work I am now doing, it all makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom