OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Arnie is super cut there, if he was tanned and oiled, his posing would still look fantastic.

The competition pose is more than super cut because it is unhealthy and not a level that you could keep for more than a few days.

Man of Honour
Indeed - ultra dehydration. Don't know if I could do that! You're right about Arnie though the comparison in those pics are what I meant. That 7% guy is just OTT for me. single figure %ages are very hard to keep up. Besides I like to have a bit of strength and size, it's more comfortable, and keeps me warm :p

Associate
Ever been to a top amatuer or pro show? Last one I went to it was incredible how much they go through on the day of the show. Guys laid around not daring to move incase they cramped etc. Its really really freaky when seen in the flesh, their skin is literally paper thin, it's almost see through they get so lean.

Then they all pile into the local pizza restaurant and gain 15lbs in a few hours :D

Super cut just isn't possible to keep for more than a couple of months a year (and most of that is in the build up to the show). One of my friends has her pro card for fitness and she went through hell the first few times of doing it and the rebound when you try and eat normally was insane.

Amazing job Wardie BTW!

Permabanned
seeing this thread just makes me realise that

a) my progress seems incredibly slow
b) i have a looong way to go :(

Its a lifelong thing, either the rest of your life (to about 50yo) will contain a high level of focus on health and exercise or you could give up and just be like everyone else. It's not a value-for-money trade off, but its a decision you make for yourself, and it's the reason people who train are so respectful of others who follow the same path, you have to work 1000x harder to be 1% better and it's for this reason that MOST people are not, and never will be, more than just plain ordinary.

Caporegime
Couple of back pictures.

Back2.jpg

Back1.jpg

I'm currently 17 stone and carrying quite a lot of fat but will be starting a cut to get down to 15 1/2 stone or less on Monday.

Man of Honour
Oh dear... I found a couple of vids I did a while ago squats and a DL set! My form has got SO much better I'm relieved to say - I'm too embarrassed to put them up, needless to say they're not brilliant. :o

Capodecina
Permabanned
Woah wardie looking good, nice chest abs and lats, thats the kinda look im going for.

Cheers :D

Oh dear... I found a couple of vids I did a while ago squats and a DL set! My form has got SO much better I'm relieved to say - I'm too embarrassed to put them up, needless to say they're not brilliant. :o

I know the feeling. I thought my form was pretty good but after letting it slip quite badly on a deadlift I was moving a lot of weight (for me) completely with my back, rather than pushing up with the legs and straightening the back at the same time.

I was locking my legs out straight away, then having to do 90% of the lift with my back, basically just like a SLDL.

My backs still a bit funny from it now and i've avoided deadlifting any real weight for the last 3/4 weeks. Just making sure I don't mess up with the form again and want to give it pleanty of rest first.

Last edited:

VTR

VTR

Soldato
frontxb0.jpg

sidese1.jpg

inshapeka0.jpg

paintballingscarsps4.jpg

Crap pics and excuse the paintballing marks in the last pic :p

These pics are from over the last year - year and half. 5ft 9 and around 12st4 in the pics I think. Was Benching 105kg, Deadlifting 160kg and Squatting 150kg.

Bit out of shape compared to the pics now, weigh less with more bf! Getting back into it slowly though so some recent pics soon hopefully. Bench is now around 90kg, Deadlift 130kg and Squat 120kg, shouldn't take too long to get back to where I was previously.

Last edited:
Associate
Good shape VTR....you should try abit harder now and keep it up.

Why am I so heavy....I'm basically 5Ft 5 1/2" , 80Kgs last night at gym (thats 12 1/2" stone). Worked with weights on and off for years....I dont think I look as big as VTR...and I dont think I carry to much fat either....SO whats going on??

Caporegime
Good shape VTR....you should try abit harder now and keep it up.

Why am I so heavy....I'm basically 5Ft 5 1/2" , 80Kgs last night at gym (thats 12 1/2" stone). Worked with weights on and off for years....I dont think I look as big as VTR...and I dont think I carry to much fat either....SO whats going on??

weight is a funny thing. i dont look 120kg but i am :<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom