OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
It's all well and good telling him to eat more, but as we all know - an we all do know this - its easier said then done, I know when i went on my miracle bulk it took every bit of energy and motivation in me to consume so much food.

I will advise you however to just increase your intake daily, maybe have an extra ice cream today, then tomorrow and extra ice cream and a sandwhich. Eventually it will add up :cool:

Soldato
What, do you think that if he ate 2000 calories a day extra from protein only, he wouldn't put on fat? Or that ice cream is special and instantly gets stored as fat?

Associate
OP
What, do you think that if he ate 2000 calories a day extra from protein only, he wouldn't put on fat? Or that ice cream is special and instantly gets stored as fat?

You make a good point. Thats why i smile to myself when i hear of people guzzling half a dozen protein shakes a day in the belief that all that extra protein will be used for building muscle. It won't.

Deamination ;)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato

No...i was saying i dont think a dirty bulk is the way to go...from past experience anyway :)

Soldato
Anyone reccomend any protien powders to be having that are at least drinkable? I have a huge tub of unflavoured whey and it tastes absolutley discusting - I cant even drink it because its so horrible so i've been trying to eat protein rather than drinking it, but would have course like to have some as a drink too...

Any reccomendations? :) hope this is an ok place to ask!! :d

Soldato
Yeh I tried... still tasted absolutley discusting.

Just to double check, what are the "mixing" ratios of it? Also milk, or water? May try it again :eek: Almost sick last time I tried to down it LOL :D :p

Want to get some in me, seen as Im goin gym about 3-4 times a week guess the extra protein will help!

Soldato
Anyone reccomend any protien powders to be having that are at least drinkable? I have a huge tub of unflavoured whey and it tastes absolutley discusting - I cant even drink it because its so horrible so i've been trying to eat protein rather than drinking it, but would have course like to have some as a drink too...

Any reccomendations?

Stop being a pussy? :p

It tastes nicer with milk but is fine with water. You will get used to it, trust me...

Soldato
Dont force it down your throat or you will either be sick or will lose interest in buying/drinking it. The better it tastes, the more likely you will continue to ingest it, long-term.

You must add flavourings. What flavourings have tried so far? Please tell me you have tried flavourings.

I use 2 flavourings:

Flavouring 1 (Idea came from ChongWarrior)
unflavoured whey protein concentrate 80
250ml water
0.5 tea spoon of Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of splenda (sweetner).

Flavouring 2 (my favourite)
50ml water
150ml apple and mango fruit juice (not from concentrate)
200ml Innocent pineapple and coconut smoothie

Both of the above are mixed in a protein shaker

Soldato
Dont force it down your throat or you will either be sick or will lose interest in buying/drinking it. The better it tastes, the more likely you will continue to ingest it, long-term.

You must add flavourings. What flavourings have tried so far? Please tell me you have tried flavourings.

I use 2 flavourings:

Flavouring 1 (Idea came from ChongWarrior)
250ml water
0.5 tea spoon of Green and Blacks Organic Cocoa powder
2 teaspoons of splenda (sweetner).

Flavouring 2 (my favourite)
50ml water
150ml apple and mango fruit juice (not from concentrate)
200ml Innocent pineapple and coconut smoothie

Both of the above are mixed in a protein shaker

Thanks for the info.

I've only tried it with nesquick, and water. Nothing else.

Is it better to... put in loads of liquid and make the taste subtle or small amount and downing it?

Would smooth orange juice (tropicana) and it mix? anything else to add to the orange juice to make it better? Its all I got at the moment!!

Soldato
I've only tried it with nesquick, and water. Nothing else.

I tried that. Banana and chocolate flavours, I used. It was terrible. It just didnt work for me (considering that I had already tasted the Innocent smoothie flavouring 2).

Is it better to... put in loads of liquid and make the taste subtle or small amount and downing it?

I find when it becomes too watery, it becomes a little sickly. But you have to try this out for yourself.

Would smooth orange juice (tropicana) and it mix? anything else to add to the orange juice to make it better? Its all I got at the moment!!

Give it a try. It might work. I have tried adding Innocent smoothie (orange and mango flavour) and it was alright. I dont buy Tropicana as I feel that that stuff is a rip-off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom