OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Just took a quick photo:
pic3.jpg

Not liking this pic, my pecs don't seem very full, they seem to look better in different lighting.

[edit]
Just thought I'd add a couple more pics before I head off to work. (that's right, 6am start for me :p)

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes sirs! 10am/8pm gym sessions here I come. Diet up to 2200-2400cals a day (for now, all clean), off to go have some steak now.

Oh and ripped for just being plain male model phwoar of course! :p

In otherwords, you want to look nice and slim, when fully clothed - nice and attractive for the ladies. Would this be correct?

The problem is that this is a body builders thread, hence, most of the advice you will get will be based on building up your body, rather than looking like a slim cat walk model.

10am/8pm sessions - I suggest you dont do 2 sessions per day, if you intend to add weight. If you want to lose weight however, then 2 sessions/day will do it.

I can understand that you see yourself as plump or "fat", but like others have said on this forum, you are slimmer than most guys your age, so no need to worry. Its amazing how self critical we can be.

In any case, if you are new to weight training, take it easy at first and turn the wick up (as the weeks/months pass by), as your mind and body adapts to the increased intensity with which you will train.

Have a read of GordyR's sticky as there is a lot of helpful tips. The crux of the matter is though, if you want to get "big" (and I'm not quite sure if thats what you want), then you gotta eat big and lift heavy; concentrating on compound exercises such as squats, deadlifts, bench press and other exercises that make use of multiple muscle-groups simultaneously are what you need to do. However, like I said earlier, I'm not sure whether you actually want to get "big" or not. Thats something that you have to decide for yourself - dont let anyone else decide this for you.

Good luck man.

Soldato
the 10am/8pm was suggesting one of either those times when the gym would probably be empty lol, definitely not 2 sessions in one day (too expensive). Going tomorrow, to just get familiar with it all, never benched before.

I've read GordyR's guide, very useful resource, cheers for the advice, I guess I'm looking for just a bit more muscle than a swimmer's build, then once I get there maybe I'll bulk, while I'm into the nutritional side and know what'll acheive what, I'll just get on with it now, will post a progress in a months time, but as you say it'll be probably just for transformation purposes, not essentially for a big build.

Cheers.

Soldato
... I guess I'm looking for just a bit more muscle than a swimmer's build, then

Steady on dude. If you had seen the World Swimming Champs recently you would have noticed that the swimmers are heavily built. The top guys and girls are built like tanks! Not only are they very tall, but they are also very wide and generally tend not to be as lean as track athletes.

Soldato
Steady on dude. If you had seen the World Swimming Champs recently you would have noticed that the swimmers are heavily built. The top guys and girls are built like tanks! Not only are they very tall, but they are also very wide and generally tend not to be as lean as track athletes.

yep, swimmers are big and ripped, most of the swimmers for our school are all completely jacked. they all have very broad shoulders too.

Soldato
What really scares me is the sheer size of the female swimmers. If there is any doubt regarding the "size" of swimmers, just check out the female swimmers. They look heavier than the average (UK) man.

Soldato
Any tips for the pics above? Any improvements or, should I keep trying to bulk?

Had the morning off earlier so I decided to do some mid-morning lifting....such a bad idea. Had a fairly big breakfast so I had the strength/energy to lift. I just had such sharp pains and aches when pressing. My right arm gave in when doing decline flyes. I'll stick to lifting at night in future.

Associate
OP
Any tips for the pics above? Any improvements or, should I keep trying to bulk?

Had the morning off earlier so I decided to do some mid-morning lifting....such a bad idea. Had a fairly big breakfast so I had the strength/energy to lift. I just had such sharp pains and aches when pressing. My right arm gave in when doing decline flyes. I'll stick to lifting at night in future.

I can't see how training in the morning even after a decent breakfast would cause you pains shifty. Sounds like you have an injury mate.

Looking good by the way, but yeah, get bulking and give that chest some extra hammer :)

Soldato
Right, I think I'll try again, this time last year, I said I'd work out... but it didn't happen. I still haven't been to the gym, but for the past month I've been doing chinups/pull ups at home. Hoping to try again soon, but below is what I have to work with.

Here's how I look now:

dsc02114gv2.jpg

dsc02113uc4.jpg

Rubbish one:
dsc02102dz1.jpg

What kind of figure do I have? One to get bulky or one to get lean and cut?

Cheers

SD69

Soldato
only women cut. Real men bulk for life.

I've always felt that it was the entitlement of a man to be leaner than a woman.

:p

As a man, if you keep bulking, there is a danger that you could end up adding too much fat. Yes, you will have a lot of muscle, but you could also have heaps of fat.

My belief is that cutting is very very important for a man.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom