OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
OP
Cheers :)

HIT did work quite well for me, I especially benefitted from having a seperate day for shoulders and triceps.

I'm on an Upper/Lower at the moment as I wanted to do that Hungarian Leg Blast where you squat with around 30% 1RM but do so for 2 minutes, then increase my 30 seconds every leg session until you get to around 8 minutes!

But i've had a back injury so i've not been squatting or doing a lot that involved lower back.

Once it gets better i'll be back on HIT without a doubt :D

Increasing my kcal a fair bit now, just going to have to keep on top of make sure I don't go too far the wrong way.

Aye, get that back injury fully healed first mate.

I'm interested in changing up my routine a bit, may just give HIT type training a go if my training bud is up for it. Will be a refreshing change from our volume type training :)

Caporegime
Anyone know much about pure creamed coconut? I've recently replaced milk with coconut milk but it's working out quite expensive and it's quite hard to get hold of. I thought pure creamed coconut might be a viable alternative because it's much cheaper but I can't find any nutritional information about it :(

Soldato
Anyone know much about pure creamed coconut? I've recently replaced milk with coconut milk but it's working out quite expensive and it's quite hard to get hold of. I thought pure creamed coconut might be a viable alternative because it's much cheaper but I can't find any nutritional information about it :(

I cant offer any advice on the coconut milk, but I have recently started drinking two cans of evaporated filled milk to help bulk.

1200 calories a can and 30g of protien.

Soldato
What are you hoping to acheive with this?

Creamed coconut isn't hard to get hold of, Tesco's sell their own brand organic. Other supermarkets sell Barts organic for same price... about £0.80 per can ;)

I'd rather use pure coconut oil though. Good thermogenic and awesome source of energy from MCT's.

Soldato
I'm trying to lower the amount of carbs in my diet and replacing them with fat first thing in the morning and last thing before bed seemed like a good idea.
Great idea first thing in the morning, also superb taken pre workout as the body won't store the fats from coconut as bodyfat. They're easily used up and burnt as fuel... so maybe not such a good idea before bed?

Within 5 mins of taking coconut oil I can literally feel my body warm up, good thermogenic effects :)

Caporegime
I always thought fat slowed digestion and was a better idea to have before bed than carbs? :confused:

Can you stick this oil in a protein shake first thing? I absolutely love the taste of coconut milk so if it's a good alternative I'll give it a bash.

Caporegime
Yes you can, I used to add creamed coconut, dessicated coconut and cocoa powder to my protein shakes for a kind of bounty flavour :)
With a tiny spoonful of chocolate Nesquik it does taste exactly how I would imagine liquidised bounty to taste.

So first thing and before a workout you say? Must admit I've become pretty fed up with oats before each workout so a change would be most welcome.

What type of oil do you recommend and am I right to believe it's almost 100% fat?

Cheers for the help as always Chong :)

Soldato
Yes it's 100% fat.

http://www.myprotein.co.uk/mp-max/foods/coconpure/

Myprotein have just launched their new product after we'd all be mithering them for months. Dissappointed at the price though, I even had a go at them in their launch thread but they claim theirs is real virgin organic... which is what you want.

www.coconoil.co.uk
That's the one I've been using, though I get it from my local health food store for £6 a tub :)

Soldato
I've not been able to get any coconut milk for 3 weeks now. I had about 2.5weeks in store but now i'm out :( Went to supermarket today and still no milk anywhere. Got creamed instead ;)

Caporegime
http://www.wmr.me.uk/files/200kgdl.3gp

A vid of me doing 200kg deadlift. I did 205 straight after. This is after 4 full sets I just felt like doing a 1RM (though I can actually do a couple at 200). My arse is actually lower than it looks in the vid, I don't use a belt either as I have a pretty decent core strength :)

I'm sure there will be some comments but I welcome them. I need some pics of my squats as I'm sure I can get lower (on 160x8 at the moment).

what was that a vid of? foam weights? come on mate, you made that look bloody easy :p

excellent form (loving the showboating hehe) mate, that was great :]

Soldato
Hey guise!

Havent posted in this section before, i usually just lurk in the General Discussion section.

I basically just wanted a public record of my effort as i figured it might keep me on track / spur me on if i posted some pictures here, so thats what im going to do :)
I started a new job about 18 months ago which pretty much chained me to a desk, i think i weighed about 12 stone before i took the job, and i weighed about 15 a few weeks ago.... so it was definately time to do something about it! Im 21, a bit under 6 foot (ive never actually measured myself properly), and in the pictures i weigh 76kg/167lbs. Im working out purely at home using barbell/dumbells, squat rack and bench. My heaviest lifts are definately not worth telling you so im not going to :D Ive been exercising for about 3 weeks now, so the pictures are after 3 weeks of effort + dieting. Because i used to be pretty fat as a kid ive got a bit of a mental issue when it comes to eating loads in order to gain muscle, i dont really want to eat too much, but i know its nessercary, its probably going to be the thing that holds me back the most.

I plan to update this every month or so if i can, hopefully you should see some forward progress and not a month by month account of a human turning into Jabba the Hut...

Without further ado, pictures!

clipboard01fe4.jpg

clipboard03id5.jpg

Permabanned
Hey guise!

Havent posted in this section before, i usually just lurk in the General Discussion section.

I basically just wanted a public record of my effort as i figured it might keep me on track / spur me on if i posted some pictures here, so thats what im going to do :)
I started a new job about 18 months ago which pretty much chained me to a desk, i think i weighed about 12 stone before i took the job, and i weighed about 15 a few weeks ago.... so it was definately time to do something about it! Im 21, a bit under 6 foot (ive never actually measured myself properly), and in the pictures i weigh 76kg/167lbs. Im working out purely at home using barbell/dumbells, squat rack and bench. My heaviest lifts are definately not worth telling you so im not going to :D Ive been exercising for about 3 weeks now, so the pictures are after 3 weeks of effort + dieting. Because i used to be pretty fat as a kid ive got a bit of a mental issue when it comes to eating loads in order to gain muscle, i dont really want to eat too much, but i know its nessercary, its probably going to be the thing that holds me back the most.

I plan to update this every month or so if i can, hopefully you should see some forward progress and not a month by month account of a human turning into Jabba the Hut...

Without further ado, pictures!

Well m8, your skinny, fat is not an issue, which is great for you because you can build up and all you gotta watch is your body fat. Chances are you could put a stone of flab on that frame and still look acceptable, albeit ab-less. But you MUST eat, there is no need to have issues, just eat clean, you eat lots of chicken and veg and i doubt that will flip the guilt switches in your head, so stick to clean bulking and set yourself limits.

Use the scales and tape-measure to monitor your progress. When you were a kid where did fat collect? You have moobs? or a belly? Because it highlights the genetic disposition of your body and indicates the area you need to watch. With any luck you get it on the stomach that makes life very easy as you can simply adjust calories based on visual/waist measument. So eat lots and if measurments go up in the wrong places cut back. No one got fat (or thin) overnight. Always remember that whereas most people in the world 'try' to loose weight, most bodybuilders or fitness guys 'adjust' their weight to their needs, its a whole different mindset. Besides your prolly even top and bottom (chest & hip measurement) once you pack some mass on your chest, back and lats you will realise you can have a much higher bodyfat and look good.

Good luck m8 and dont be afraid to return with progress reports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom