OCUK Body Builders: Post your Pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permabanned
Here is me. been Body Feeding for 20 years now.

here is my progress so far.

body1.JPG

body2.JPG

Will Update Soon

StevenG

FUNNIEST single post by a member on ocuk ever

Associate
Thanks again for the reply, ive had a look at the sticky before and theres some good information in there and the list in your reply i pretty much know by this point. But as you might expect from an OCUK'er i like to research things and go into greater details.
For example i want to know why i should be eating carbs, obviously for energy to help you lift, but does that mean i shouldnt eat it on rest days, or does the energy accumulate in your muscles ready for the next work out. And what sort of whey powder is best for someone starting out like me, and is there a point in taking supplements and which ones / what do they do.

What i really need is an in depth FAQ of the above ^^

From what I understand, your body needs energy not only to have in workouts, but it use's energy to repair your muscles. Simply speaking eating more calories than you burn in a day will mean you will gain weight (be this muscle if you are working out, fat if you are not) and eating less calories than you burn will result in weight loss (muscle and fat)

Whey protein powder you are best just going with unflavored whey from www.myprotien.co.uk, but imo as with all supplements it's not essential.

Man of Honour
Apart from the obvious removal of back hair.... ;) Would you say I have made progress since my first pictures?

To give you a flavour, I'm now hovering around 97.5kg (first thing in the morning) - just about 6'1". (1m85 in fact).

Bicep: over 17"
Chest: over 46"
waist: 34-35"
Thighs: 26 1/4 "
Neck: 18"
Calf (though there's no pic): just over 16"
Forearm: 13 1/4"

I didn't get a good pic of triceps, but they're very well developed - I'll try and get a shot some time.

Here we go:

front1.jpg

front2.jpg

front3.jpg

back1.jpg

back2.jpg

back3.jpg

side1.jpg

legs1.jpg

legs2.jpg

Thoughts? I don't feel I've made much progress, and I've gained some bodyfat, but I think I've put on some good mass ?

Man of Honour
I quite like my hairy chest though :o

I must have put something on as I've put on a couple of Kgs at least since last time... Feeling a lot stronger and more solid though so I guess I must be going the right way! :)

Permabanned
I quite like my hairy chest though :o

I must have put something on as I've put on a couple of Kgs at least since last time... Feeling a lot stronger and more solid though so I guess I must be going the right way! :)

Think that couple of KG's is in your chest hair :D.

Soldato
Never thought I'd ever do this, but:

mark.jpg

Yes I know, I'm skinny. ;) I'd rather be skinny and weeny than a fatty though ;) I've just started taking whey protein - am I right to think that I can take that on its own in water or milk, yes?

My stats are:

Age - 17
Height - 5'7"
Weight - 65kg

Bench - 35kg :o (Can do 16/18KG on dumbells though - what is wrong with me? :p)
Squat - 50kg (Used to hurt when I did this but had a go yesterday and managed fine)
Deadlift -80kg (Really like this exercise as it is the one where I feel I can really try and always manage - ie just have enough energy for)

So basically I'm pretty weeny overall lol. With the bench I just never have enough energy in my arms to push the damn thing up lol. Hoping to get a bit bigger this summer now I've started taking protein shakes (don't really eat enough of the right things atm) and have loads of free time to go the gym! :D

Associate
This is me. Im 74kg, 5"10, not sure what bodyfat % i am though. Have some chunk on me at the moment so im going to start the anabolic diet next week in search of the 'lower bf% while gaining muscle' holy grail lol.
29thmay20082iq1.jpg

2ndjune200812xv6.jpg

Associate
OP
Looking good Freefaller. Whatever your training/diet is, its working well for you.

The very fact that you have acheived what you have in 12 months should give hope and inspiration to anyone thinking about taking up bodybuilding.

Just imagine how you are going to look with a few years under your belt! :)

Man of Honour
Looking good Freefaller. Whatever your training/diet is, its working well for you.

The very fact that you have acheived what you have in 12 months should give hope and inspiration to anyone thinking about taking up bodybuilding.

Just imagine how you are going to look with a few years under your belt! :)

It's comments like this which really helps to motivate. Coming from people who really know their stuff and who see genuine progress in what I've achieved makes it worthwhile. Yeah the next couple of years I don't see any reason for any lack on intensity I should be able to achieve even more development.

I've just taken tips from what I've read here and from other people's experiences as well as friend's at the gym, and what I've read in magazines and expert forums. I'm also quite in tune with my body - it sounds weird but I can sort of "tell" how it's responding to exercise and training and modify what I need to to achieve what I want. What's great about pictures is that it not only proves to yourself but to others that the help provided is paying off. :)

Freefaller, what is your diet/routine like, thats the kind of physique I want to aim for.

Rob

hi Rob,

I go to the gym 4 times a week as a minimum, usually for a maximum of 1.5hrs (I try and keep it less but it's not always possible).

I vary exercises a lot between days. And I alternate weeks, i.e. 1 week I do heavy, 1 week I do light.

I do it on a rolling roster, in case I can't do that day I just carry it on to the next days. On days where I don't do weights I go to the gym and play basketball, or do some rowing and some (ugh) treadmill.

Also it's quite complicated I sometimes split Day 1, and day 2 with day 4 depending on time.

I've showed a range of weights they vary from light days and maximum on heavy days (and my current 1RM in brackets) - of course I don't do every exercises listed in one session as I said I've just showed every routine I do do.

Weights in KG.

Day 1:

Chest:

Incline Bench 60-95 (105)
Flat Bench 60-110 (140)
Decline Bench 60-100 (110)
Incline DB 22.5-35 (40 max DB weight )
Decline DB 22.5-37.5 (40 max DB weight )
Cable Flies 20-45 (55)
DB Flies 15-25 (30)
Narrow grip Dips 4x 12 reps + 1 rep till failure
Wide grip dips as above
Weighted Dips 5-15 (20)

Biceps:

Preacher curls on W bar 27.5-50 (60)
21s on olypmic bar 25-30 (32.5)
Hammer curls 15-22.5 (25)
Oylmpic bar standing curls 15-30 (35)

Day 2

Legs:

Olympic bar Squats 60-150 (180)
Front squats 60-80 (90)
Leg press 100-280 (350)
Calf raises 60-100 (125)
Lunges 60-80 (90)

Triceps:

Skull crushers 22.5-32.5 (40)
Cable pull down 50-80 (100)
Tricep extensions 12-20 (22.5)
Weighted tricep dips 20kg plate

Day 3

Deadlifts 100-170 (205)
Powercleans 60-100 (110)
Bent over rows 60-100 (120)
Lat pull downs narrow grip 60-100 (100 is max weight)
Lat pull downs wide grip 60-100 (100 is max weight)
Cable row 60-100 (100 is max weight)
DB pull overs 35-40 (40 is max db)
DB one handed rows 35-40 (40 is max db)
Cable cross over back extension 20-45 (55)

Day 4

Shoulders:

Shrugs 100-130 (150)
Lateral raises 12-17.5 (20)
Side lateral raises 12-17.5 (20)
BB Military press 50-80 (90)
Arnies 20-27.5 (35)
DB press 17.5-30 (35)
cable raises 15-30 (35)

It's relatively accurate. Certainly on the middle range weights my 1RM vary a lot though on average the weights are going up. I'm hitting the limit of my gym equipment in some areas which sucks.

That's as it is now. But remember I don't do every exercise on every day stated, it rolls over from one day to the next - I don't have set days when I go to the gym but I leave it no more than 2 days off.

As for diet, well I eat everything, literally. Lots of fruit and veg, I tend to grill my meat, I don't eat crisps, drink fizzy drinks or eat sweets, I don't eat cakes and I seldom drink alcohol, I keep away from chocolate and fatty foods especially sat fat. I have 4 meals a day excluding protein shakes.

Typical breakfast is a massive bowl of porridge or some form of oat cereal, bowl of yoghurt with some fruit. Every other day or so I'll have scrambled eggs too. I eat my breakfast at 530am.

At around 9 I'll have a protein shake in milk, or some oaty flapjack (home made or from MP) along with a couple of fruits. I don't count this as a meal.

I have my lunch around 1130-1200, a couple of rolls with pate, ham, salad, spinach, chicken, avocado, typical sandwich fillings. Sometimes some left overs from the night before blitzed in the microwave. Sometimes I bring in some oily fish to eat too. sometimes some pasta/rice again from the night before (depending on what I've had).

Early afternoon I'll have an apple and crunch on some nuts or some cereal if I'm feeling naughty.

When I get home I'll chuck down another protein shake either with milk or water, and maybe have a bagel or a slice of toast/pitta with some hummous or pate or something like that.

Then dinner typically is chicken, beef, lamb with some veggies.

That's about it! I don't make myself loads of meals to have every 2hrs or whatever, I'm not "bulking" I just tryand spread my meals out and eat good wholesome food in quantities that I enjoy. If there's too much I bag it up and have it for lunch the next day.

I love cooking so tend to try all sorts of recipies so I keep my diet rather varied, every week is different really. If I'm not hungry, I don't eat, it's that simple for me.

Thanks for your comments though Rob, it's nice to be inspirational to someone!

The biggest tip I can give you is word HARD at the gym, and eat well after the gym, and sleep well too.

Associate

Thanks for that detailed answer Freefaller, I think my problem is that I'm thinking about it to much, with everything I do I'm trying to be perfect at it.

Trying to get the perfect diet, the perfect routine and thus the perfect body.

I feel I hav e 3 areas to focus on: rest, workou and diet.

rest is sorted :)

the diet I have posted in my own thread and is quite strict, maybe too strict I'm not sure.

My routine was basically a 3 day split focusing on 2 muscle groups each night, but now am going to bring cardio into it to loose the excess fat.

Freefaller, when you started were you skinny or fat?

I am midway between the two and thats whats making it difficult for me.

Thanks again
Rob

Man of Honour
Checkout the legs on FF :cool:

You really need to shave, It makes you look so ripped :D

Hehe - I've done it once for charity... never again! lol!

It's all those squats and SLDLs and some proper hardcore leg work outs :cool:

Problem is it kills all the inside of my trousers!! :(

Thanks for that detailed answer Freefaller, I think my problem is that I'm thinking about it to much, with everything I do I'm trying to be perfect at it.

Trying to get the perfect diet, the perfect routine and thus the perfect body.

I feel I hav e 3 areas to focus on: rest, workou and diet.

rest is sorted :)

the diet I have posted in my own thread and is quite strict, maybe too strict I'm not sure.

My routine was basically a 3 day split focusing on 2 muscle groups each night, but now am going to bring cardio into it to loose the excess fat.

Freefaller, when you started were you skinny or fat?

I am midway between the two and thats whats making it difficult for me.

Thanks again
Rob

I was about 83kg or so, then went to the gym for a laugh for about a year. Then for the past 16 months or so I've taken it really seriously and am now over 97kg. So I've put on 14kg which is over 2 stone. I was always of medium build and relatively good shape, but I just needed more meat on me - and now I do! :) I've never been fat or overweight.

Remember you've got to enjoy yourself. Yes it's hardwork but if it's making you miserable you won't make the progress you need - it's about mental health and happiness too.

Don't over think it, but still choose your meals carefully, eat well balance diet, cut out the temptations for fizzy drinks, cakes and sweets and sat fats and it's relatively easy to keep cut whilst bulking as I have done. :)

Permabanned
I haven't got any more than before - in fact I've got less :p So that blows that joke out of the window! ;)

How's your progress?

Ok im gonna post pics, even if ppl take the p. Progress is good, weighs kinda been stuck at 14 stone, but after my holiday this monday im going to start a new diet/training regime. Lifts bench pressed 125KG for 1rep. 100kg for 8 reps or so over a few sets. Admit I haven't been doing deadlift + heavy squats because my back, pulled an internal oblique a month ago or so, seems to be a pain at healing. Anyway some pics, first is just relaxed, second is a flexed pose lol:

2n6y9ap.jpg

5caxja.jpg

And I know my arm and chest is my biggest part, don't flame me for a guy that just works my arms and chest, I don't. I do all muscle groups. Currently trying to get big shoulders and lats but it's becoming a bit of a pain, so upping calories and making training harder on them. Cheers.

Man of Honour
You're definitely an ectomorph by the looks of things. You don't look that powerful from those pics (not the best shots to be fair ;)) but 125kg bench is a good effort, in fact it's remarkable for a person of your physique to bench that much, as indeed is doing super heavy pull downs, so good on you. You do need to get the rest of you up to a decent level though, you don't look 14st then again you might be quite tall! What stats do you currently hold - height, chest, arm size, waist etc? Arms and chest do look like they over power the rest of your frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom