OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Associate
Piggymon said:
I'm going to change my diet and only have spaghetti on toast for my evening meal during the week ( do this on training nights anyway and don't mind it ) and then eat normally on the weekend but still not eating sweets/chocolates etc

So essentially you're gonna starve yourself until you lose weight? That diet would be total carp for your system hun and you know it

I've been trying to lose my excess 3 stone for 4 years now and you're getting disheartened after a few weeks? This doesn't sound like the Piggy I've met at meets

Its possible your implant is affecting your mood as well - why don't you try carrying on as you are until you get it removed/sorted, and then if you still want to go on a spaghetti diet I'll keep my mouth shut/fingers off the keyboard

icon_pai.gif
Don't give up yet hun
icon_pai.gif

Soldato
SexyBetty said:
Thats what we like to hear!!!!

Come on everyone, we can do it!!!!
Yes we can, and we will, but it's going to take time. As people keep saying, it's a marathon, not a sprint and some of us are only just getting across the starting line :)

I don't think I'll have lost any weight again on Monday, so I'm not looking forward to being laughed at in work at the weigh in :( I think this will be my last week of me weighing in with them because it makes me feel so awfully bad when I do. It's not worth all the upset.

However, my jeans are definitely looser and I'm feeling great. Tried on one of my skirts too, and it fits me again nicely. Really enjoying my gym work, and I'm eating well, so I'll just carry on what I'm doing. Trying to eat much lass carbs than usual, but still keeping them in my diet.

Went to Body Pump again today, and found the arm weights much less hard work. I can start to add the weights on and do some proper work now :) I already managed to double what I had last week on my shoulders, biceps and triceps! However, I managed to pull something in one of my quads, by getting out of the car funny, so when it came to the lunges, I could only do them on one side :( Went for a run on the treadmill for 20 mins after the class though, and it seemed to ease off. Keep stretching it, and hoping that I'll be OK for another cardio session tomorrow (can't do Mondays).

Soldato
Lostkat said:
I don't think I'll have lost any weight again on Monday, so I'm not looking forward to being laughed at in work at the weigh in :( I think this will be my last week of me weighing in with them because it makes me feel so awfully bad when I do. It's not worth all the upset.

However, my jeans are definitely looser and I'm feeling great. Tried on one of my skirts too, and it fits me again nicely. Really enjoying my gym work, and I'm eating well, so I'll just carry on what I'm doing. Trying to eat much lass carbs than usual, but still keeping them in my diet.

That's exactly the reason I tell my clients not to weigh themselves more than once a month. They get so down when they discover they've only lost a pound when they've been working so hard all week, yet when you ask them how their clothes are fitting you'll often find they've dropped a dress size so it's definitely working!

It's very hard with women as weight constantly fluctuates with hormonal activity too. Just remember that in the long run your weight is just a number which no one else knows unless you tell them.

I don't even own a scales as I believe them to be the spawn of satan!

Permabanned
Drinking the rest of my Michelob Ultra its a light beer so its got no kick but its taste nice and is better than stella.

I can feel my arms and back starting to feel very tired now from the weights and i my skin feels clean after going in the steam room before.

I own a scales but only to see if i drop any body fat.

Soldato
Roberta said:
That's exactly the reason I tell my clients not to weigh themselves more than once a month. They get so down when they discover they've only lost a pound when they've been working so hard all week, yet when you ask them how their clothes are fitting you'll often find they've dropped a dress size so it's definitely working!

It's very hard with women as weight constantly fluctuates with hormonal activity too. Just remember that in the long run your weight is just a number which no one else knows unless you tell them.

I don't even own a scales as I believe them to be the spawn of satan!
Thank you for those words of wisdom Roberta, I love you :) All week I feel great because I'm working hard and being good. All weekend I'm feeling great, because I'll go out shopping and try clothes on that now fit so much better.. then monday comes and I feel like jumping off a cliff into the pit of despair!! Doesn't help that my boss (woman) has lost a stone in 4 weeks, and isn't working any harder at it than me. Having said that.. she was a stone or so heavier than me to start with :p

Soldato
Takhisis said:
So essentially you're gonna starve yourself until you lose weight? That diet would be total carp for your system hun and you know it

I've been trying to lose my excess 3 stone for 4 years now and you're getting disheartened after a few weeks? This doesn't sound like the Piggy I've met at meets

Its possible your implant is affecting your mood as well - why don't you try carrying on as you are until you get it removed/sorted, and then if you still want to go on a spaghetti diet I'll keep my mouth shut/fingers off the keyboard

I won't be starving myself :) ... I normally eat spaghetti on toast before training anyway and don't feel the need to eat that evening so I should be ok .. If I do start to feel hungry and that I do need more food then I won't be silly and not eat , I'll never starve myself - I enjoy my food too much :p

I'll hopefully find out on Monday when my implant is getting removed , I hope it's soon .. I'm so close to getting a scalpel and removing the damn thing myself :/

Feeling like poo at the moment .. I have ONE pair of jeans which are nice enough for going out but due to me not training this week I've put a bit of weight on and now cannot go out comfortably as they are just that bit too tight ... We had arranged to go out tonight but I shall be staying indoors ....I literally have nothing I can wear for going out down the pub because I feel too self conscious of my little lumps and bumps :(

I've been trying to lose weight since September/October , I started the training then but it's only really since January I really looked at my diet and made a few changes .. since then I have only lost about a pound which is pathetic :/

I won't give up , I'm just getting disheartened :/

/sits in corner feeling sorry for herself :(

Soldato
Hmmm, i'll sign up for this :)

My stats

Height: 5'10"
Current Weight: 98KG
Target Weight: 83-88KG

Plan of action?

Quit Beer, Chocolate, Sweets, Fizzy Drinks

Have 6 planned meals every day (ala GordyR style, really don't fancy those protein shake things though, yuck)

Exercise 4/5 times a week plus weights

Edit: just realised it's 6 nations soon, noooooo, talk about choosing the toughest month of them all :(

Last edited:
Soldato
Piggymon said:
*BIG HUUUG*
Don't get disheartened Piggy. We all go through it, and feel like chucking it in. Just keep doing what you're doing and you will see the difference! It might just take a while to do because you're not actually fat, you're just trying to lose your excess bumps. The less overweight you are, the harder it is to lose it!
Just try and concentrate on the positives.. like how much healthier you are, and how much nice muscle you'll be building up :)

Soldato
Thanks Kate :)

The problem is I still have most of my " skinny " clothes and haven't really bought any clothes that fit me nicely now .. I wasn't going to buy any as it kinda feels like if I do that I'm giving in but Desmo has told me we are going clothes shopping next weekend whether I like it or not :o

Soldato
Piggymon said:

The problem is I still have most of my " skinny " clothes and haven't really bought any clothes that fit me nicely now .. I wasn't going to buy any as it kinda feels like if I do that I'm giving in but Desmo has told me we are going clothes shopping next weekend whether I like it or not :o
I don't have many clothes that I actually look alright in at the moment either so I know how you feel. I feel like I'm bursting out of everything I wear (though it IS getting better now). I have bought 3 new tops recently though, and they're stretchy so I won't be too small for them when I lose my flab. They just make me feel better about not being able to fit into most of my jeans.

Soldato
I need to buy one pair of nice going out jeans ( how much fun am I going to have finding the right leg length :rolleyes: ) and a few tops which aren't tight fitting and cover my tummy and bum :)

I really wanted to go out tonight , had my hair done lovely today and wanted to show it off but I literally couldn't find ANYTHING to wear that was suitable :(

Soldato
Piggymon said:

He's probably sick of you walking round naked/in dressing gown all the time, since you don't want to wear your "skinny" clothes.

Oh, wait i think i've got that wrong ;)

Soldato
Well done to all thats attempting to change their life. Im currently 25lb loss, started at 280 and am slowly going down, ive had a few setbacks on the way, change of job meant my exercise regieme went out of kilter for a couple of months. I try to have a day off each week, but the last few weeks have knocked my pan in, i think my body just rejects fatty foods now, so im going to have to be more careful about what i eat.

I try to goto the gym every day before work when possible, but i dont beat myself up for not making it if im feeling very tired.

Micholob ultra with diet lemonade have kept me sane when ive wanted a beer at the weekend too :)

Soldato
Just to reiterate what I have already said, I eat 5 times a day. I eat small portions throughout the day and a nice meal in the evening and mostly fruit or something light before bed.

Denying yourself something that you really want is conditioning your brain into hating dieting which is the big step to keeping the motivation going.

People with more weight to loose will always loose loads in the first few weeks, but find it difficult in the latter months. People who loose slowly tend to keep an even loss and keep it off for longer.

Oh yeah, Lostkat, don't forget I have a big picture of you from Swansea and you don't have flab. Flab is what men with beer bellies have. Its really negative to call it flab/fat, especially in your case where its merely relaxed muscle that needs retoning.

Oh and Piggy, I don't know if it may work for you, but I got a job in a club as a glass collector which means I get loads of excercise dancing with people and walking round, I get to wear loose clothes and free entry/drinks. The best bit is I get paid to do it and I enjoy a brilliant social life. I don't do it for the money any more, I do it because I really enjoy it and its helping me to get fit and stay happy.

Soldato
mejinks said:
Oh yeah, Lostkat, don't forget I have a big picture of you from Swansea and you don't have flab. Flab is what men with beer bellies have. Its really negative to call it flab/fat, especially in your case where its merely relaxed muscle that needs retoning.
Thanks for your comment, but I do hide it very well ;) I also have a big pic of me from the Swansea do, and it's awful!! I look like an overstuffed turkey! :eek: It's definitely fat, rather than untoned muscle... trust me on this :) All of this isn't about other peoples' opinons of me anyway. It's about my opinion of me, and how I feel about myself. I guess that only I know when I will be happy with myself, and when that time comes, I'll be working to maintain it.

Treefrog said:
Hot Ribena mate! With a bit of honey maybe.
He speaketh the truth. Hot beena cures all known ailments! :cool: Make sure you have the full sugar version though. Low sugar doesn't contain the special healing ingredients :p I am now getting cravings. I'm a Ribena addict, but haven't had a glass for days.

Back
Top Bottom