OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Associate
Lostkat said:
Monday morning weigh in, and I've actually lost a tiny bit of weight :eek: Yay!

wav.gif
cheerleader.gif
dancnsmilies.gif
twirl.gif

Soldato
Monday morning weigh in:

Stayed the same this week, which has happened before, and the week after normally shows a big loss :)

At least Ive not put anything on!!!! :D

Soldato
Monday morning weigh in .. considering I've had a bad week ..

Starting Weight : 8st 10lbs
Target Weight : 7st 7lbs

8st 6 and 3/4 lbs so I've lost a wee bit :D

With my new diet and exercise this week I should see a nice drop next monday :)

*hugs for Kate* :D

Associate
Well I got on the scales and smiled this morning :) Iv lost almost 4 pounds! So I am back to my normal weight instead of my christmas over eating weight lol

Starting Weight:10.4
Target Weight:9.9 (9 and a half stone seems abit too much to aim for!)
Current Weight:10.1

Well done for everyone else, for sticking to healthy eating, exercise etc Its not the amount of weight you lose but the effort you put in that counts! :)

Soldato
Well around xmas time I was weighing in at around 12st 8lb. That's only a rough weight as I never used to weigh myself much. This morning I'm weighing in at 12st 0.5lb :)

Quite a difference with only a change of diet and no change to my exercise routine. TBH, I'm not really even trying to lose weight but it's all good all the same :)

Soldato
I'm more confused than ever now, the scale that used to say I was 18:10 now says 19:0 and the other scale (when I can coax a consistant reading out of it) says 19:13
I don't know what to belive anymore, help?

Associate
Adam_151 said:
I'm more confused than ever now, the scale that used to say I was 18:10 now says 19:0 and the other scale (when I can coax a consistant reading out of it) says 19:13
I don't know what to belive anymore, help?

Sometimes weighing yourself at different ends of the house can make a difference, because of the balance on the scales, and the slope of your house.
But tbh I think you just need to go and grab yourself some electric scales, theyre very accurate!

Soldato
Put the scales somewhere hard, like downstairs on concrete based floor, then do not move the scales. This is probably the only way to test how much you weigh.

To be honest I wouldn't worry too much about the numbers, you can tell yourself if you stand and look in a mirror if you have lost any weight.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
A question you all keep talking about body pump, what is it? or is it justa name of a gym or something.
Some fitness routine thing with weights. I haven't got a clue what it all involves but my sister teaches it along with other stuff :)

I'm sure Kate will be able to give you more info.

Associate
Well today didn't go as planned - for the past few weeks I've been having problems with my neck and spine cracking and crunching and today was a killer: the pain from my neck gave me the mother of all headaches complete with spots in front of my eyes so instead of going to the gym after work I came home and put a heat pat on my neck and back - nil point to willpower

I did manage to get a notebook today which I'm going to use to keep a record of what I eat and drink (nutritional values if its on the packaging) and what exercise I do, I'm also looking into getting a decent pedometer as I do a fair amount of walking and it would be good to see how many steps I'm doing

Soldato
My weight in results:

Start Weight (21/01): 277lbs
Current Weight (30/01): 275lbs (-2lbs in 9 days)

Target Weight (25/06): 233 lbs (146 days to go)

I'm fairly happy to have lost anything as I didn't have the best of weekends. Friday started with a Uni celebration and several drinks of Stella. Saturday I ate out and didn't chose the healthiest option, and also had a bag of wine gums at the cinema.

Back on the rails this week. Now exams are over I should be hitting the gym at least 3 times a week, so hopefully next monday should bring more fruitful results!

Soldato
23/01/06 - 12st 11pounds
30/01/06 - 12st 8pounds

3lb in a week exactly what I was aiming for, I'm very happy considering that was just cutting out the crap that I eat and snacking on much healthier food. I did go for quite a long mountain walk yesterday which really did show me how unfit I am so I plan to do this walk every weekend.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
A question you all keep talking about body pump, what is it? or is it justa name of a gym or something.
Here's the blurb:

"The most successful group fitness program in history, BODYPUMP® is a 45-60 minute class using barbells and adjustable weights to tone and condition muscles while raising metabolic rate for rapid fat-burning.

After an initial warm-up, all the major muscle groups are worked via a series of weight-bearing exercises including squats, presses and lifts. The class finishes with a cool-down and stretch.

BODYPUMP®is proven to be "the world’s fastest way to get in shape" by research which has confirmed higher than expected fat-burning effects alongside endurance, strength and 'wellness' benefits.

Every three months, Les Mills releases a new BODYPUMP® class with fresh choreography and music.
"

Not sure about the claims of being the fastest way to get in shape, but it's basically lifting weights (diff weights depending on ability) and working various muscle groups to music. It's not aerobics at all. You don't jump around.. with the weights we use, you'd end up seriously hurting yourself and other people. You stand in set position or lie down, apart from the lunges. I find it a really enjoyable way of lifting weights and building muscle. You can really feel it afterwards, and it's damn hard work when you're lifting heavier weights. Also, the instructor makes sure that you're doing it correctly and don't damage yourself, so you learn the correct posture etc. for lifting the weights.

Back
Top Bottom