OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Man of Honour
forgive me father for I have sined..

went out last night and got very drunk :(... pints, vk bottles and vodka lemonades... all that sugar :(

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:
forgive me father for I have sined..

went out last night and got very drunk :(... pints, vk bottles and vodka lemonades... all that sugar :(

Pffft! Life is for living! You have to fall off the plan every now and then - just get back up and keep going!

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Are you a personal trainer, gym instructor, one of those lifestyle coaches or something Roberta? Just interested :)

Personal Trainer, Gym Instructor, Aerobics Instructor and also teach Pilates, Cardio Kick, Circuits and Relaxation classes.

Soldato
Roberta said:
Personal Trainer, Gym Instructor, Aerobics Instructor and also teach Pilates, Cardio Kick, Circuits and Relaxation classes.
:eek: Wow!! That's a pretty impressive portfolio! I had absolutely no idea until I saw your comments in this thread. It also explains the "Bossy madam" under Occupation in your Profile :D

Is circuits as bad as it was at school? I used to absolutely loathe it. I've seen them setting up in our gym, and it looks like a great way to work out, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

Soldato
Lostkat said:
:eek: Wow!! That's a pretty impressive portfolio! I had absolutely no idea until I saw your comments in this thread. It also explains the "Bossy madam" under Occupation in your Profile :D

Is circuits as bad as it was at school? I used to absolutely loathe it. I've seen them setting up in our gym, and it looks like a great way to work out, but I just can't bring myself to do it.

I've been training for 5 years (training to teach that is! Have actually been training myself for about 20 years!) but only started working in the industry in november. I love my job! I really love all my clients and it's so great to see all these lovely ladies leaving all glowing and happy.

If you can find a circuits class you like you're onto a winner. Choice of music can make a huge difference as you'll find if you like it you'll put more effort in. Plus I can spot a slacker a mile off! They don't get away with anything in my classes! ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
Just whizzed through a few pages of this thread, just want to say well done to everyone and I hope you all achieve your set goals.

As of the past 16 weeks, I'v had a nasty Viral stomach infection, which put me out of a lot of things and to be honest I was getting complacent before the illness era. So in total I have been almost 6 months out of training :(

As you can imagine, during these past 16 weeks, I'v been nothing but a couch potato, which has led me to put a lot of weight on.

I'm now looking to stand back up on my feet and start a strict diet. The gym aspect is covered which consists of Boxing 3/4 times a week, then one day at the college gym during my free period and then for Sundays, my usual, long bike rides (Mixture of off/on roading)

Now my main problem is that my diet is absolutely rubbish. I'm your average student who feeds off sweets/chocolates as a habbit whilst sitting at the PC. I also always go for the easiest option out, such as ordering a take - away and snacking lots.

I was just thinking what you guys would recommend as a strict diet, I was thinking of something along the lines of this:

Breakfast - Cereal (Crunchy nut cornflakes/Weetabix) With some fruit and a cup of Orange juice

Lunch Time - A Sandwhich or some Pasta

Dinner Time - Something that my mum will prepare for me, such as cooked chicken with some Veggies or similar.

There are days I usually opt for a simple way out such as eating out and there are times and I don't keep to my diet. I'm sure the student in here will know what I'm talking about :o

Would appreciate any advice you guys/girls recommend :)

Man of Honour
Discovered the nicest snack/lunch...

1 brown pita bread
1 qorn burger/sausages or other low fat veggie stuff (or grilled chicken if your rich)
5 slices cucumber
4 slices tomatoes
a few lattice leaves
1teaspoon health eating humus

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:

1 brown pita bread
1 qorn burger/sausages or other low fat veggie stuff (or grilled chicken if your rich)
5 slices cucumber
4 slices tomatoes
a few lattice leaves

Love that - only I swap the burger for falafel.

Soldato
AcidHell2 said:

1 brown pita bread
5 slices cucumber
4 slices tomatoes
a few lattice leaves
MMmmmmmm, delicious I used to have that over the summer, only I had chicken or ham instead of burger. I actually bought some wholemeal pitas yesterday and some salad for my lunch this week :)

Soldato
Quite pleased today, not only did we win our football match 5-1 yesterday after being 1-0 down at half time but I went to the January sales today and managed to fit into a pair of 32" waist trousers which I haven't been able to fit into for ages :D

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
After a week of cutting down by 500 calories per day, with a view to losing a pound a week, my Sunday morning weigh-in showed a loss of..... two-thirds of a pound! OK so it's not a lot but it's the right direction and about the rate I was looking for. At least this time I can be more confident that it's fat that's gone and probably not attributed to something else. I think I also need to step up the cardio work; arriving late at the gym in the morning is cutting down the amount of time I've been spending on it.

I doubt I'll see much of a physical change for at least a month, but I'm fairly confident I will. :)

Permabanned
AcidHell2 said:

1 brown pita bread
5 slices cucumber
4 slices tomatoes
a few lattice leaves

Thats what i want to stay clear of, carp food, i'd rather bike to work everyday then eat rabbit food.

Soldato
cheets64 said:
Thats what i want to stay clear of, carp food, i'd rather bike to work everyday then eat rabbit food.
Thing is, it's not carp at all. It tastes lovely, especially with the low fat humus on it. I'd much rather have the above than a greasy KFC. I'd probably actually rather eat my own liver than a KFC though :p

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Thing is, it's not carp at all. It tastes lovely, especially with the low fat humus on it. I'd much rather have the above than a greasy KFC. I'd probably actually rather eat my own liver than a KFC though :p

I have a nice recipe for fried chicken, much better than KFC but I'm not sure this thread is the best place for it :p

Homerio said:
I'm going to start documenting the recipes I make with photos to try to give some people ideas on what they could try eating. Could give each of us a decent variety of things to try so we don't get bored of certain things

That's a good idea. I have loads too, easy and healthy should be the theme :)

Soldato
Well, I've been to Body Pump this weekend, and done some cardio both days. That makes it 4 gyms this week, which is my aim :)

Monday morning weigh in, and I've actually lost a tiny bit of weight :eek: Yay!

Now 97.7% of starting weight. Doesn't look like much, but if I can lose another few lbs, I'll have hit the lightest I've been since I started to lose weight. Not expecting it to happen by next week though.

Had that Acacia honey & soy glazed salmon from M&S on Saturday with a stir fry, and it was gorgeous! Fruit salad for afters.

Sunday, we had a beef & mushroom casserole (homemade) with dumplings (no suet, these are made with flour, oilive oil, herbs, baking powder and water), so I had a small helping and the smallest dumpling. We ate it at lunchtime instead of teatime, so I snacked on fruit for tea because I wasn't hungry.

Ham salad pita for lunch today, with the usual carrot sticks, clementines and apples to snack on.

Good luck to everyone else with their weigh ins!

Back
Top Bottom