OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
GordyR said:
Water weight mate. It's completely normal.

This UFC fighter lost 30pounds and put it back on day after, thats how much water weight you lose :p

Good luck to people losing weight, its like an endless battle. o.0 @ one of the pics of that girl being held back from something....hope its not a pack of crisps :p

Soldato
I've got a serious problem. Went for a run on Saturday and today and I really enjoyed it, what's wrong with me? Only problem was getting caught trying to jump a boundary fence at the local school to cut some distance off my route. :)

Soldato
Today I had a fried meaty type cheesy sort of muffiny breakfast :o then nothing other than a banana for the next 11 hours :) Got home and did 5 miles on the exercise bike then made myself a chicken fried rice with mushrooms ginger and prawns.

Saw a recipe on the food channel when I was on the bike for a vegetable lasagne that looked awesome and easy. Might do that this week.

Keep it up everyone and nobody should read too much into a 1-2lb increase so early on. If you've changed your diet and fliuid consumption I'm sure you have to allow your body a bit of time to get used ot it :)

Soldato
Well Sunday night was superbowl so I had a fair bit of beer and doritos with dip then having stayed at my mates again last night I had a large bag of doritos and shared a dominos dominator with my mate and drank some more :rolleyes:

Will weigh myself when I get home later, will hopefully still have lost a bit of weight but not as much as previous weeks :)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Went to the gym today, didn't have a terribly great workout - largely due to people hogging the machines in the lunch hour :mad:

Then got out and the showers didn't work! The boiler had tripped out so had to wait ten mins for them to fix that.. and was late back to work :(

Anyway my weigh ins are going to be tuesdays. I stayed the same - 66kg, which is good considering the amount of Chinese New Year food, mummy cooking and alcohol that was consumed at the weekend!

BB x

Soldato
Nice one BB :D .. It's nice surprise when you think you are going to pile on the pounds and you haven't :)

I've been walking fine today after my Pump last night - training tonight so should hopefully see a nice loss by friday

Soldato
Well over the weekend I had 2 kebabs and a load of beer. Not very good :(

However, on Monday night I was quite ill and have had the past 2 days off work being sick. It seems I've caught a bug that's lasted about 48 hours. I've now lost another 9 lbs in 2 days, although I think that's more likely to be from me being sick than anything. I've been eating steadily again so I am now expecting this weight to come back on.

Is there anything I can do to keep the weight off? I'm only about 6 or so lbs off my initial target weight as I sit typing this so I am wanting to stay this way!

Soldato
I went to the gym this morning and weighed myself.

Pretty decent progress, nice and steady:

Start Weight (21/01): 277lbs
Current Weight (08/02): 272lbs (-5 lbs in 18 days)
Target Weight (25/06): 233 lbs (39lbs and 137 days to go)

Soldato
Lead_Head said:
Well over the weekend I had 2 kebabs and a load of beer. Not very good :(

However, on Monday night I was quite ill and have had the past 2 days off work being sick. It seems I've caught a bug that's lasted about 48 hours. I've now lost another 9 lbs in 2 days, although I think that's more likely to be from me being sick than anything. I've been eating steadily again so I am now expecting this weight to come back on.

Is there anything I can do to keep the weight off? I'm only about 6 or so lbs off my initial target weight as I sit typing this so I am wanting to stay this way!

Most of it will be water weight mate, you will have lost a little fat but theres nothing you can do to keep it off completely since it will go back on naturally as your body rehydrates.

Soldato
PeterNem said:
I went to the gym this morning and weighed myself.

Pretty decent progress, nice and steady:

Start Weight (21/01): 277lbs
Current Weight (08/02): 272lbs (-5 lbs in 18 days)
Target Weight (25/06): 233 lbs (39lbs and 137 days to go)

Good job mate. Thats the way to do it. When your weight is dropping at a slow, steady pace you know it is real fat you are burning and not anything else. :)

Soldato
Well, I've not been to the gym at all this week since I have a bloody cold :( I managed to keep going whilst I had a sore throat on Saturday and Sunday, but I'm absolutely streaming now and I keep sneezing every 10 seconds, so there's no point in me even attempting any cardio. Sticking with the healthy eating though, except for the odd hot Ribena to soothe my throat.

Hmph :(

Soldato
GordyR said:
Most of it will be water weight mate, you will have lost a little fat but theres nothing you can do to keep it off completely since it will go back on naturally as your body rehydrates.

Yeah that was my line of thought. I think I'll be skipping swimming tomorrow and concentrate on my football at the weekend.

Soldato
Piggymon said:
I haven't done any training this week apart from the Body Pump on monday and probably won't get any done through one thing or another

Scared I'm not gonna drop the weight I put on last weekend and end up crying again :(

Relax! Are your clothes fitting you better?

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Try something you haven't worn for aaaages, but not something you had when you were teeny. With everyday clothes, you don't notice the difference that much because you're so used to wearing them.

Good idea :) Can't think of anything other then teensy clothes that I haven't worn for ages but I'll have a look :p

Back
Top Bottom