OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Soldato
Piggymon said:
Really helpful post as always :) .. Thanks !

You're right that I dropped about 4lbs when I started but now it's just not bloody shifting ! :/

New Diet starts on monday .. Could you suggest something I could have for an evening meal or what I could add to what I am eating already ?

I like the idea of the stir fry you mentioned for your evening meal. Fry it in maybe a little olive oil to get some good fats in you. Have some lean meat like chicken along with stir fried veg.

As kate mentioned the Spaghetti on Toast is carborific. Theres nothing particularly unhealthy about that as a meal but you would be far better replacing it with something proteiny and lowering the carbs a tad. The only source of protein you are getting all day on your current diet is from the tuna in your sandwich at lunch. The chicken/veg stir fry would be perfect for that. Plenty of protein and the only carbs you're having are from the veg. Lovely. :)

The other thing I would change is your breakfast. 150 calories for a brekkie isn't very much and you could really do with something a bit better here. In general it is a good idea to start the day with a relatively large meal because your body needs it the most then to kick your metabolism in to gear after being starved over night. Add in a hard boiled egg if you like them. In fact maybe even have another egg as a snack between your breakfast and lunch to keep everything ticking over. Eggs are fantastic! They will help with your protein requirements too. As for the rice krispies... Well you know I'm going to say switch them out for oats. :p

Soldato
*hugs rice krispies* :p

Thanks again Gordy

I'll try and swap it for some oats *pulls a funny face* .. how about the oatso simple thingies ? I really like them

For my lunch I'm going to swap for a jacket potato ( usually have lunch about 12.30 ) and then do something like a stir fry or meat with salad for evening meals .. will still have the spaghetti on toast on training nights but that's only on a Mon & Tues so that should be ok I think

Will get some green tea down my neck as well and try to drink that instead of coffee throughout my working day

I will start to lose weight again god dammit !

Soldato
Piggymon said:
I'll try and swap it for some oats *pulls a funny face* .. how about the oatso simple thingies ? I really like them

Too sugary... Try normal oats with a little honey added in. Or... Pfft.... go back to your Rice Krispies. :p :D

Piggymon said:
For my lunch I'm going to swap for a jacket potato ( usually have lunch about 12.30 ) and then do something like a stir fry or meat with salad for evening meals .. will still have the spaghetti on toast on training nights but that's only on a Mon & Tues so that should be ok I think

Sounds good. Having the spagg on toast should be fine after a workout. Nothing wrong with getting in higher GI carbs then. :)

Piggymon said:
Will get some green tea down my neck as well and try to drink that instead of coffee throughout my working day

I will start to lose weight again god dammit !

I'm sure you will... You definately seem to have the determination for it! Good luck!

Last edited:
Associate
Didn't go to the gym yesterday as I was feeling nauseous, light-headed and generally uggy. Thought I'd have an evening curled up on the sofa and go tonight instead.

Then I ran for the bus...

My bad knee has decided its going to be a pain (literally) - luckily its not swelling, its just painful when walking or when completely straight, and as the main part of my gym work out is 20 minutes on the stairmaster I'm not sure what its gonna be like.

I don't gym at the weekends so I'll probably take my kit to work and try to go anyway - it'll either help loosen it up or make it worse in which case I'll be able to spend 2 days resting it.

I've been told part of my problem is that I don't always eat enough to lose weight - my average seems to be between 1000 and 1500 depending on the day. I'm also unable to eat a large/main meal midday as I only get 30minutes for my break. Dave (Gym owner/instructor) keeps going on about "Eat breakfast like a king and dinner like a pauper" but its just not possible for me.

A rough idea of my day would be Special K, sandwich, main meal (normally something like pork, new pots, veg and a sauce, pie, veg, smash and gravy, fish fingers, waffles and beans, jacket, sweetcorn, sliced cornedbeef etc etc), probably 1-2 large coffees, 2-3 litres of water, maybe some OJ or a smoothie with my lunch.

I know I don't get enough fruit/veg so I'm gonna try those Vue shot things. I also don't have a cooker, my microwave has oven and grill settings and I have a Foreman.

OK - seemed to have waffled on enough this morning, gonna go and see if I can manage my leg raises before I go to work

Associate
Oh my pedometer also turned up yesterday so I set that up last night and have it on now - it says over the course of the day, as long as it is worn in the correct position it should only be up to 50 steps out. I did the tests they suggested to check its in the right place and so far so good :)

What with my knee playing up I'm not sure if today will be a good example of my normal steps taken but I've got to start it at some point :)

Soldato
Takhisis - have you tried changing your workout to the X-Trainer or bike instead? You may find it easier on your knees. I tend to keep anyone with bad knees off the steppers and they find they can manage the two I've suggested with much less discomfort.

As for your diet, check your fat intake. The fruit and veg are easily slipped in between each meal as a snack so your bloodsugar level stays steady and you don't begin to crave fatty sugary things.

Soldato
*hugs Sam* hope you start to feel better soon :)

Weigh in this morning ..

Starting Weight : 8st 10lbs
Target Weight : 7st 7lbs
Todays Weight : 8st 6.5lbs

Getting there sloooooooooowwwwwlllyyyyyy but hopefully with my new diet on monday ( much love and thanks to Gordy & Kate ) I'll get the weight loss kick started again and in bikini body shape soon :D

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Absolutely :D I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say a huge thanks to both yourself and GordyR for your valuable input to this thread.

I'm learning a lot!!

*warm and fuzzy*

I must say I love reading GordyR's posts in here. Real common sense. I've not disagreed with anything he says!

Oh and, those Asda bras do indeed go up to an E cup!

Associate
I'm currently keeping a "diary" and whereever possible I'm copying the fat/salt/sugar etc details down - I'll have a look over what I've got tonight and see if anything jumps out at me - what is the "RDA" of fat anyway?

Also tried both the bike and x-trainer - I get bored on them and I can't get the motivation to do something that bores me; the stepper gives me a challenge, I always feel like I've actually achieved something when I do it (I use the "floors" as my targets) and (normally) doesn't bother my knee. If I find I can't manage the stepper tonight I may give one of the others a go

Soldato
Lostkat said:
Absolutely :D I think I can speak on behalf of all of us when I say a huge thanks to both yourself and GordyR for your valuable input to this thread.

I'm learning a lot!!

Awwww! :o

I'm always pleased to help in any way I can. :)

Roberta said:
I must say I love reading GordyR's posts in here. Real common sense. I've not disagreed with anything he says

Likewise Roberta!

Soldato
Totally agree with what GordyR and Lostkat have said. I stopped losing weight about 5 weeks ago, and worked out last week I was eating waaay under 1000 calories per day. I increased my intake (which was much harder than cutting down...go figure!) and have lost a couple of pounds again already. I had manged this far without really counting calories and thought just cutting back on what I ate and getting exercise would be enough....seems I overdid it a bit lol.

I'm another who also appreciates the incredibly informative posts in this thread from GordyR, Lostkat and others. Thanks muchly to all of you! :)

Soldato
Ok just fell off the wagon slightly.

Today

Breakfast: Muesli + Toast w/marmite
mid morn: Clementine
Lunch: Supreme wreckless burger, with chips, onion rings and two pints of beer

:o woops

Edit: I plan to go jogging later after work! Is it possible to save my day?

Last edited:
Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Roberta said:
GordyR for the win!
Too right.

I've been reading this thread just for advice on eating healthily as I'm trying to get more energy and become a bit fitter and seen some amazingly useful posts here, thanks. :)

Permabanned
I am going to start tomorrow, worked out my plan and I want to lose 7 pound a week, I am going to bike to work 16 Mile a day up and down hill very hard, also bike it to the gym straight after work, I am going to the gym tomorrow when i finnish work at 2PM, glad Wigan are kicking off at 12:45 I wont get stuck in any traffic.

Starting Weight : 208.8 Pounds

Back
Top Bottom