OcUK Dieters Progress Thread

Associate
7lbs lost from a target of 26lbs so far.

That makes me 27% there.

Losing about a 1lb a day except when loading carbs.

Going low cal, low fat, good carbs, good protein. Keeping metabolism up by cycling in the morning and night and having a few small meals. Not feeling hungry, stomach must have shrunk to the size of a walnut?! Not training weights yet as my diet just wouldn't be able to facilitate it.

Anywho.

Hurrah.

Soldato
well done mr black, you're loosing at about the rate I was last time I tried to diet (I lost willpower and put it all back on unfortunatly), and I expect it'll be the rate I loose at once the water loss and everything has calmed down. Any idea whether its sustainable right (about a stone in 3 weeks) to target or does your metabolism drop off as you get less overweight?

Soldato
When you lose weight, your metabolism pretty much goes up the wall as it's you're not giving you body the amount of food that it's become accustomed too.

Remember what i said though, don't lose weight too fast or you're be seeing stretch marks.

Aim for 2-3lb's a week :)

Soldato
Aruffell said:
Adam be careful

Ideally you want to lose around 2-3lbs every week.

If you lose too much too fast you can become ill and will normally notice stretch marks too which don't fade quickly.

Although my weight has only ever peaked at 14 stone in my adult life and been at a low of about 11.5 after my first year at university it is important to listen to this advice. My rear end and upper thigh is just a mesh of stretch marks from the weight loss I had when I was going to the gym 3 times a week and living on cereal and super noodles. It's made me very conscious of when I lean over as they can be seen over my trouser line :(

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I'm currently only aiming to lose a pound a week by having a 500 calorie deficit per day - seems to be working OK although the way I'm spacing my meals out is confusing my body! I think it's too used to getting about 1000 of the calories for dinner, which was too much in one go.

Soldato
mejinks said:
If I remember correctly you did a calendar and if I might say so, you were absolutley loverly. As I recall from Swansea, you looked very much in proportion and I wouldn't say you needed to loose weight at all.

I think maybe you need to see quick results (weight drop) to get a sense of achievement and I dont think thats what you will find. Instead you should take notice of other things that improve like stamina, alertness and how quickly you can run for cover when Uncle Rottenguts lets rip. ;)

You're fab as it is, why try to improve on something thats already great?

Hope all goes well with your hospital appointment and just remember we all support one another here.

Thanks mate :)

The calender pics is what I'm trying to get back to , I was 7st 7/8lbs there and I feel I looked best at that weight

Now I'm a stone heavier I really do feel " blobby " .. I look fine dressed but when I catch sight of myself naked in the mirror I just despair at my flabby bits :/

I'll get there and hopefully one day soon I'll look in the mirror and think " phowwaaaar I'm hot !! " :p

Soldato
OP
Piggymon said:
Well done ! :D .. I know you're having a few unpleasant side effects but you're doing great ! :D

Never thought I'd say it but I can't weight to get back in the gym and eating brown rice and brown pasta. However they bring with them the job for 'free day' one day a week of unrestricted eating :)

MB

Soldato
WELL DONE MAT!!!
Nice one. Must be a huge confidence boost! Keep going, and you'll be on the carbs again soon :)

Ice skating was good yesterday. Everyone's thighs were hurting today except for mine, which were actually feeling better than they've felt since Body Pump on Saturday. Got my new sports bra today (Shock Absorber Impact Level 4) and was quite dismayed to find it has no wiring!! :eek: I'd like to ask the ladies with larger chests if their sports bras have wires. I need to do a bounce test compared to my old one to check it's ok before I trial it tomorrow.

Associate
Well done MB, its quite an acheivement :D

I have lost 6lbs since starting two weeks ago, so am quite happy, thats only from eating differently and working. Hopefully i will have had my induction at the gym by next Wednesday and can start going there 3 times a week.

Back
Top Bottom