• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

Good to hear.:) Was a bit suprised about the 4870 having them on the end.

Yeah I have a NZXT Lexa Classic case and its only around 28cm from the back expansion brackets to the hard drive cage and so I can just luckily fit this card in. Had the PCI-E power connectors been at the end of the card, I'd be screwed. I currently use a Sapphire 4830 which is actually slightly less in length than the stock 4830 and there is plenty of room left. Won't be now after I get the 280GTX :(.

I'd imagine they're getting tired of posts like that :p

lol very true - Im just an eager beaver :D

Ive been looking at cards for the past month so now i see this offer - i couldnt resist.

How much more performance % wise across games like GTAIV, COD4 and Fallout3 will i see? I know fallout3 i can only run 4x AA with High settings. I would imagine this can run everything maxed with 8x or 16x AA?

£218.49 including VAT? Holy crackers.
That's....impressive to say the least.
SLI 280s for £440?
TRI-SLI for £660?

Ultra-high-end just came in reach of a fair few people...

How much extra over a 4850 512mb at 1680x1050 (e8400 @ stock, 4gb ram)?
Probably loads in some games, similar performance in others.

Will an antec 500 earthwatts cope?
Dunno about that one, dual rails with 17A each...not sure it will actually.

Anyone got one in an antec 300 case?
Pretty sure it will fit but I could be wrong

Back
Top Bottom