• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

-== OcUK Extreme GeForce GTX 280 Amazing Deal! ==-

If you need help, ask the ppl on this forum... they know a lot. ( studied here for 6 months covertly before deciding on my build 12 months ago)

I study this forum covertly like yourself, have found it to be an excellent source of info and will definitely be getting my spec checked by the experts here.

£218.49 including VAT? Holy crackers.
That's....impressive to say the least.
SLI 280s for £440?
TRI-SLI for £660?

Ultra-high-end just came in reach of a fair few people...

It is a great price compared to what most other store's are asking !

But in over all relative terms that's about what they should be priced at now.

Don't get me started on SLI and would edit out the swear.

whats quicker...2 of these or a GTX295? hmm

2 x 280 should beat a 295, more memory faster default clocks and bigger bus. Even overclocked despite the 65/55 process difference I'd go the the 280's.

If I had an SLI board, I'd prob pick up a 2nd for this price.

All the peeps sitting on the fence umming and ahhhing, buy it or lose the right to moan when they all go!!

I had to get one at that price ( I paid £242 for my first gtx280 )

I went gtx280 -> 4870x2 -> gtx280 again due to the 4870x2 not being as consistant

I can definitly recommend people get one of these you wont regret it.

I went gtx280 -> 4870x2 -> gtx280 again due to the 4870x2 not being as consistant

Similar boat to you except went from 8800GT512 > 4870 512mb > GTX280 (at the offer price a few weeks ago which was a bit more but never mind).
So happy with the GTX280 - its faster, everything just works, no ATi style "anomolies" and its not as noisy as i expected.
Any of you folk sitting on the "do i dont i" fence do it! At this price its just about justifiable.

Why am I interested?!?!?! Just got a 360 and a Samsung T200HD, and yet I'm still looking at that thinking 'thats one hell of a £100-£120 upgrade if I sell the 4850'

Why?!?!?!?! I'm a student dammit!! Someone hurry up and buy them all :p

When you say not as consistant [sic], what do you mean?

I only ask as I was considering going back to ATI, but this offer has tempted me to stick with nVidia.

When you say not as consistant [sic], what do you mean?

I only ask as I was considering going back to ATI, but this offer has tempted me to stick with nVidia.

I had the same on my 4870x2, its frame rate would be sky high and then plummet in certain places in games. With the 280/260 it tends to be not quite as high but then when you get drops they don't tend to be so severe or as low.

Back
Top Bottom