OcUK Health Seekers: Post your progress pics

Man of Honour
OP
I once believed that straps are no good but when I came to understand kenisology a little better I realised that it was better to utilise the muscled being exercised properly by beig able to use them for reps than drop the weight and not progress. Remember using straps doesn't stop you from performing the exercise. In deadlift it's a leg and back movement using straps won't impare it, BORS are a back and shoulder movement it won't affect your back and shoulders. In fact it can enhance the effect of the exercise by helping you concentrate on good lifting and ROM. :)

Soldato
I use straps as and when I need to. On a back dack once my grip has gone I'll strap up. If I wan't to focus on form I'll strap up so I'm not loosing concentration worrying about my grip.

Ideally I'm training to put on as much mass as possible. I'd rather strap up and finish my sets at a working weight. The way I see it I can work on my grip seperatley.

Hindering myself/growth because I can't hold the weight would be ****ing on my chips.

Don't get me wrong I long for the day when I don't need to use them but that day isn't near yet!

Soldato
tbh though, I think if you never use straps in the first place and train your grip along with your dead properly from the start, your grip will never hold you back, hence no need for straps.

Soldato
tbh though, I think if you never use straps in the first place and train your grip along with your dead properly from the start, your grip will never hold you back, hence no need for straps.

That's the way I'm doing it.

Not going to start with them now or ever really.
If I can't hold it, I'll keep working till I can.

Associate
After having a whinge thought it only fair to try and get things back on track.

My first ever posey photo - I've picked a cunning location in my room for lighting but no one ever said that was cheating.

I've lost about a stone since December last year which was probably a mixture of lean mass and BF but think my body is just happier being 67-70kg as opposed to 75ish.

20211798.jpg

I tried to do a back shot about 5 times but they were just coming out terrible (I'll blame my back!) think I need to do some pose research. Comments and criticism appreciated.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Looking lean and defined, chest needs a bit of bringing out ("upper" chest, even though I hate using that term). Can't really tell much else from those pics, though perhaps a bit more tricep work?

Looking very good though - how tall are you? I'd imagine you'd look phenomenal aesthetically with a bit more lean mass on. :)

Associate
Yeh, I've always felt my chest has been lacking and it shows in my comparative lifts as well. Maybe drop my flat benching and switch solely to incline for a while and see how it goes but I think genetics may get the better of me in terms of shaping to that degree.

I'm on the short side of average ;) at 5'8.

Associate
I reckon you can achieve 12-12.5st lean - you're aesthetically almost there, you just need a bit more mass. Please tell me you train legs!

I've been around here long enough to better than to ignore them! Been having to take them fairly easy for the past 6-8 months or so after knee problems but living with a physio has certainly been beneficial. I'll get the shorts on for the next shoot :D.

Soldato
Looking lean and defined, chest needs a bit of bringing out ("upper" chest, even though I hate using that term). Can't really tell much else from those pics, though perhaps a bit more tricep work?

My thoughts too. Hard to tell how broad/developed the lateral delts are from that angle and also hard to judge you're traps.

Nice level of bodyfat though. Generally a good build. Been training long of genetically gifted?

Perhaps some more unforgiving light next time :p

Associate
Been training fairly hard for a couple of years now but made plenty of mistakes along the way. As much of cliche as it is, the "Fight Club" look has always been something of a goal and I think I'm nearly there. Next stop Spartan......?

Soldato
Been training fairly hard for a couple of years now but made plenty of mistakes along the way. As much of cliche as it is, the "Fight Club" look has always been something of a goal and I think I'm nearly there. Next stop Spartan......?

I was going to say that you look quite good. How I might look if I dropped a few % bodyfat. Do you train for strength or mass or general fitness?

I know what you mean about making mistakes along the way. Something I was guilty of, poor form, bad ROM and awful rep tempo :p

Soldato
Looking good volcs, got a double back bicep, or front double bicep pose?

Looking good though man, as others said, work the 'upper' chest so to speak, and looks like your rear delts could use a bit of work (i think, anyway, can't really tell loads from that pic :p)

Associate
I was going to say that you look quite good. How I might look if I dropped a few % bodyfat. Do you train for strength or mass or general fitness?

To begin with I was heavily focussed on just mass on up until my peak weight at 76kg Dec 08. I maintained it for a while but it just became a bit of chore getting that many calories in each day and I found I was starting to enjoy it less so I dropped all supps and took 4 months or so of just training as and when I wanted to (mostly full body workouts) - mainly to start enjoying it again.

Since about July I've been trying to get my fitness back to a decent level so I've been running 10K a couple of times a week alongside a 3 day split which has seen the BF drop quite considerably while maintaining an acceptable amount of mass.

My diet isn't perfect but I try and eat clean and get 4-5 decent amount of grub in me each day and don't drink during the week. If I wanted to make that extra push I'd cut the booze out all together, but sometimes I figure life's to short to deny yourself everything!

Back
Top Bottom