OcUK Powerlifting Totals

Soldato
:( Any chance we could add other exercises like EZ curl bar, shrugs, seated row, lat pull downs as these are my strong points and i intend to improve on these and not bench press, squat, deadlift. If its ok with Fusion and everyone else i'll find my one rep max during the week if they will be added.

Soldato
I can do a lot more than 170kg on lat pull downs and double that on seat row hopefully it will be allowed or my score wont be increased.:(

Soldato
The latest thing I've done is

175kg deadlift
140kg squat
80kg bench

At 162lbs

I've only ever hit a 180kg deadlift and a 145kg squat and the bench has never been much higher than 90kg. My upper body sucks, my back hurts, my knees hurt. lol. I need time off.

Soldato
Hmm, da internetz and numbers eh? :D

Well if I used my gym as an example I've seen exactly 1 other person go parallel on the squats besides me, that's out of about.... 50?

Some of the sites I see in there and what makes me laugh is the gym is wall to wall mirrors AND they have a spotter/partner yet they can't see they're oly going to 45 degrees!

What's the point??

Man of Honour
I probably don't always go fully parallel when I'm repping I'll admit that for sure. However when doing 1RM I find it easier to concentrate on going down far enough. I always thought that there was never much of a point in going too low i.e. below parallel...

Permabanned
How do you mean? Surely you understand that the lower you go the tougher it gets? :confused: Try a couple a2g and you'll see the difference ;)

he is referring to the typical motion that below parallel the cake is not worth the candle, that is, the gains are not worth the strain on the joints.

I believe the merit balance to still be contentious, especially if we are talking 300kg+, but i think up to 200kg it should be done as low as possible, a genuine powerlifing squat is a lot lower than most people go.

Basically whenever you get to what your head thinks is parallel, go another 3 inches and you wil be close. It's easiest to go ass-to-grass imo, that way, although the weight is less the form is a constant. And your penis gets bigger too

Soldato
Tops of my thighs parallel to the ground, is the highest i allow to be called a squat. I often argue with lads at my gym when i disallow my own squats and they say it was low enough hehe.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Still need my squat increasing to 160kg.

Also can you increase my deadlift to 185kg. (with straps ofc)

Not bad for someone who weighs 12.5st hehe

Man of Honour
he is referring to the typical motion that below parallel the cake is not worth the candle, that is, the gains are not worth the strain on the joints.

Badabing!

I also agree with the rest of your post. :)

Don't get me wrong, over 80% of the time I'm bang on parallel, but I tend to concentrate on my form - I know it's not much of an excuse, however I'm happy with my 1RM and it's spot on. :)

Capodecina
Permabanned
To put this '176KG Lat Pulldown' in perspective...

A competetive, sponsored junior powerlifter who has UK records for lifting (albeit equipped), pulled 106KGx5 yesterday, and that was a PB.

To put some more perspective in here, he can squat over 360KG.

Back
Top Bottom