• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK Ryzen APU review thread

Caporegime
There is some sort of bottleneck with the Ryzen APU's, if you look at the Ryzen 1200 + GT 1030 the frame rates are lower but the frame times are consistently around 25 to 30ms, compare that to the Ryzen APU which are between about 17 to 30ms.

17ms is near 60 FPS, its constantly trying to push that out and is immediately slapped down again, it never gets anywhere near what the frame times say it should be. memory bandwidth?

jhfghj.png

HeX

HeX

Soldato
Yeah the APU's are massively bottlenecked by the memory. It's shown that for best performance you need to get the DDR4 clocks as high as possible. DDR4 @ 3600 (even with really high timings) has been show to give the best performance. Whatever memory speed you can give it will utilize.

Associate
I think AMD are charging (CC) for the BootKIt and then release the charge once its returned. ANyway an A6 is worth-less than £25.
where would you get 3600mhz memory for a reasonable price (100-120GBP)?

Associate
Soldato
So a couple of weeks in and I am very happy with the general performance. I have the Ram running at 2933 for daily use at tight timings which it seems happy with.
I have really struggled to get any extra speed out of the GPU - I think that might be down to thermals but I am not sure. Anything above 1300mhz just isn't stable for me - though I have launch day silicon also and I suspect that might be an issue.
I am running the system with a 1TB SSD and the whole thing is just super fast and responsive for everything I do daily.

Caporegime
So a couple of weeks in and I am very happy with the general performance. I have the Ram running at 2933 for daily use at tight timings which it seems happy with.
I have really struggled to get any extra speed out of the GPU - I think that might be down to thermals but I am not sure. Anything above 1300mhz just isn't stable for me - though I have launch day silicon also and I suspect that might be an issue.
I am running the system with a 1TB SSD and the whole thing is just super fast and responsive for everything I do daily.

Nice :)

Back
Top Bottom