*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Associate
It’s starting to sound like there’s only a certain amount of information that the USB bandwidth and compression algorithm can handle in a frame. The algorithm could be deliberately removing information from distance (the track etc. you look at in distance/driving games) to ensure close up stuff (the cockpit) is nice and detailed.
Maybe there will be compression options in future that allow close/mid/distance or auto. for where to maximise detail and information in the codec

Soldato
It’s starting to sound like there’s only a certain amount of information that the USB bandwidth and compression algorithm can handle in a frame. The algorithm could be deliberately removing information from distance (the track etc. you look at in distance/driving games) to ensure close up stuff (the cockpit) is nice and detailed.
Maybe there will be compression options in future that allow close/mid/distance or auto. for where to maximise detail and information in the codec

I still think there is something else going. Games shouldn't look like PS1 games. There shouldn't be horrible, smeary textures. You shouldn't be getting jitter and sound glitches while using 500Mbs.

I just looked up the specs of your motherboard. The USB C port uses an Asmedia controller. Asmedia controllers and Oculus don't play nice together. Have you got a USB C to USB adapter? There are two USB ports on the back of your computer, the red ones nearest the sound inputs. They are using the chipset controller. They might work better.

Associate
I still think there is something else going. Games shouldn't look like PS1 games. There shouldn't be horrible, smeary textures. You shouldn't be getting jitter and sound glitches while using 500Mbs.

I just looked up the specs of your motherboard. The USB C port uses an Asmedia controller. Asmedia controllers and Oculus don't play nice together. Have you got a USB C to USB adapter? There are two USB ports on the back of your computer, the red ones nearest the sound inputs. They are using the chipset controller. They might work better.

Thanks, yes am using a red USB port at the back as that gave best USB speed test result out of ones I tried. Get around 2.1 to 2.3 Gbps. Am using Anker USB cable that was recommended on Oculus as alternative to the fibre USB C one.
I have thought maybe changing to x570 that has a faster USB 3.2
I’ll try later when home to reduce to default 72Hz and see if that helps too.

Soldato
Thanks, yes am using a red USB port at the back as that gave best USB speed test result out of ones I tried. Get around 2.1 to 2.3 Gbps. Am using Anker USB cable that was recommended on Oculus as alternative to the fibre USB C one.
I have thought maybe changing to x570 that has a faster USB 3.2
I’ll try later when home to reduce to default 72Hz and see if that helps too.

One of the Red usb ports uses an Asmedia controller. Make sure the one you are using is the one of the USB ports nearest the sound jacks.

Soldato
How can you tell which port uses asmedia and which doesn't on a motherboard, I've seen my motherboard has asmedia (x370 k7), I've been getting some issues, but have just put that down to the fact I've got a 1070ti doing a lot of work, they don't bother me too much. Plugged into the usb c at the moment.

Soldato
How can you tell which port uses asmedia and which doesn't on a motherboard, I've seen my motherboard has asmedia (x370 k7), I've been getting some issues, but have just put that down to the fact I've got a 1070ti doing a lot of work, they don't bother me too much. Plugged into the usb c at the moment.

The USB C and the USB port above that are using asmedia controllers, according to the tech specs on the website.

Soldato
My Oculus is on the way back to Facebook Ireland in the Czech Republic..! Or so I thought. When will this saga end!! It is held up at BHX. Persumably something customs related. I need to get in contact with DHL. :o

Soldato
My Oculus is on the way back to Facebook Ireland in the Czech Republic..! Or so I thought. When will this saga end!! It is held up at BHX. Persumably something customs related. I need to get in contact with DHL. :o

Ah no, panic over. Adrian has got back to me to inform me that it was given a new waybill number. Now at EMA. :)

Soldato
the Quest2 IS very gray, it cant get close to real black.

No worse than high end LCD based headsets like the Index or HP G2. The lack of SDE more than makes up for it, plus there are tricks developers can use to enhance the contrast in dark scenes, e.g. having bright UI elements on screen.

Though an adjustable brightness level would help.

Associate
i have some "raviad" ones from amazon with straight connectors

fast charge doesnt always work and the magnet could be a little stronger

i dont know if the magnets are much of a muchness but should be fine if only using it for charging not while in use !

Back
Top Bottom