*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Im curious with whats the problem with associating facebook account with your oculus account?
Ive seen this with several people recently... I dont use facebook really but created an account just for sake of following this rather than using it for social media and contacting people....

Associate
Can you plug this into your desktop to play PC games or is this limited to (wireless)mobile games using the inbuilt Snapdragon hardware?

Also, how much better is the IQ vs the original Rift?

Soldato
Can you plug this into your desktop to play PC games or is this limited to (wireless)mobile games using the inbuilt Snapdragon hardware?

Also, how much better is the IQ vs the original Rift?

Yes, it's both standalone and a PCV headset (though it uses compressed video over USB rather than displayport).

Image quality far exceeds the original Rift or Rift 2, though you do need a decent PC to get the best out of the PC connectivity.

Soldato
Since owning the Quest 2 I have stopped using Facebook. I still have an active account but I can't remember the last time I opened it. For me, forcing the Facebook route had the opposite effect than they wanted I think and hope lol.

I have no intention of using the forced facebook account I had to open for anything except VR. I won't be risking posting anything on Facebook because what's acceptable today becomes a banning offence tomorrow.

Associate
Facebook are very good about finding and banning new fake accounts. I'd be very wary about tying any purchases to a fake Facebook account.

Long standing fake accounts don't seem to be targeted as much.

Hmm... I've been looking for a old Oculus account (as those can use it until 2023). Anyone got one spare? :p.

I'm sure I signed upto it a few years back for the rift even though I didn't have one.. just need to remember which email it was on.. grr. Really hate Facebooks policies.

Back
Top Bottom