*** Oculus Quest 2 Owners Thread ***

Soldato
Yeah. Any reason? :p

Yeah, you are very likely to be banned if that's the case. Having a fake account is against policy, having two accounts is against policy.

It's only a matter of time until both your accounts are banned. If I was you, I wouldn't buy anything on the Oculus store.

Soldato
Hmm... I've been looking for a old Oculus account (as those can use it until 2023). Anyone got one spare? :p.

I'm sure I signed upto it a few years back for the rift even though I didn't have one.. just need to remember which email it was on.. grr. Really hate Facebooks policies.

An old Oculus account wouldn't help. To setup the Quest 2 you need to link your Oculus account to your Facebook account. An old account would only work if you had an Older Oculus headset.

Associate
Thanks..

I always said I would never buy a Facebook product, e.g. portal, anything with a camera or microphone and I'm sure privacy is lost.

What have I done!!

Associate
I use a fake name on a long standing FB account, they know my real name though as I put it on a private associated name so it won't get banned. But at least I'm anonymous to anyone else

Soldato
Replacement Oculus actually arrived early today! Got it set up and it registers as a USB 3 connnection! WOOOO FINALLY!

It is crap on the front USB ports... connects, disconnects, connects, disconnnects, connnects etc but seems solid on the rear ones!

Soldato
Replacement Oculus actually arrived early today! Got it set up and it registers as a USB 3 connnection! WOOOO FINALLY!

It is crap on the front USB ports... connects, disconnects, connects, disconnnects, connnects etc but seems solid on the rear ones!

Hey, good news!! Took a long time to arrive, now you can finally start gaming :)

Associate
I have the Quest 2 now having got a refund on my G2 due to a fault and not being very impressed with the narrow visual area of clarity. The Quest 2 is better for me in that respect. What render resolution are you all running via link ? It seems to vary from game to game for me.

Soldato
I have the Quest 2 now having got a refund on my G2 due to a fault and not being very impressed with the narrow visual area of clarity. The Quest 2 is better for me in that respect. What render resolution are you all running via link ? It seems to vary from game to game for me.

I am using 1.3 at the moment. I could use higher in some games but, I prefer just to set and forget, so I take a lower value that works with most games.

Associate
That's what I'm currently running at 90Hz. I can get dirt rally 2 at 1.7 on lower settings but then FS2020 is a slide show at that res. Like you, I'm trying to get a balance so I can set and forget for all games. I set Distortion Curvature to low and bitrate at 300-350, still testing that setting in OTT. I wanted to build a new PC 6 months ago but the current situation makes that more or less impossible unless you pay more and spend many hours attempting to find stock. I'm thinking a 5800x/RTX3080 should help get better fps/image quality.

Last edited:
Associate
In the last week, my Quest 2 screen has been going black whenever I reposition the headset on my face to get focus.
I had just switched over to a VR Cover facial interface but I can't see that should have caused it.
If I push the headset right up to my face the image comes back which makes me think it's the sensor.

Has anyone else had this?

Soldato
In the last week, my Quest 2 screen has been going black whenever I reposition the headset on my face to get focus.
I had just switched over to a VR Cover facial interface but I can't see that should have caused it.
If I push the headset right up to my face the image comes back which makes me think it's the sensor.

The only thing I can think of that isn't an error in the headset, is that you accidentally push the power button and send it to sleep when you readjust?

Soldato

You can turn the sensor off in the debug tool to see if that is the cause.

I had this issue when I first got my VRCover but once I repositioned the pad it was fine.

Soldato

What headstrap are you using? Are you able to tighten it up any further to get it closer to your head. Or use the thinner facepad that comes with VRcover interface.

Associate
I had a oq2 built in November. Coming from a rift it's such a better pixel performance but the sweet spot was really poor. Loads of God rays blurry. So I got it replaced and now have one built in December and it's so much better. Really happy with it.

Back
Top Bottom